Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Everyone,

In light of the new year and long needed revamp, I'll be refreshing the forums in stages throughout the coming weeks starting with server upgrades (done) removal of unnecessary features, optimising design and ui. Eventually moving on to a new forums platform to meet new trends and mobile use and so on.

What's been done to the Forums in 2017 so far:

Dec 24 2016 Server upgrades
Jan 01 2017 Removed Old Plugins
Jan 03 2017 Cleaned up Forums theme
Jan 05 2017 Lighter site pages
Jan 06 2017 Faster loading times
Jan 09 2017 Merged / Removed Inactive Forums
Jan 10 2017 Cleaned up Related / New Content Listings (Footer)
Jan 16 2017 Removed Mobile Page Ad: TM Unifi Interstitial
Jan 24 2017 Youtube url when posted will be automatic embedded
Jan 24 2017 "New Forum Post" Listings improved (top left link)

I'd love to get everyone's feedback to help us decide if we should continue to retain the Right Sidebar you see here (attached screenshot).

I hope you participate in this and the coming polls, and would love to hear your suggestions or feedback if you have any. Especially from the oldest of forums member and the newbies who've just came on board.

Thanks!

Attachments

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Re: Forums Suggestions: Right Sidebar Removal

Tom, i suggest friendlier version for mobile platform. :call2: while keep all the necessity for forum use.
I think someone is holding handphone now....lol:biggrin:
Desktop /laptop i got no problem either new upcoming or old version. my monitor got lots of space...

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Tom, i suggest friendlier version for mobile platform. :call2: while keep all the necessity for forum use.
I think someone is holding handphone now....lol:biggrin:
Desktop /laptop i got no problem either new upcoming or old version. my monitor got lots of space...
Thanks for the feedback sweelt

I've identified the next forums platform to migrate to, that as a base would support current mobile trends, with responsive design to fit just about any display or device

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I don't have any problem with the side bar nor do I use it often. But I guess I'm fine with it there as a decoration.

If you want to remove it, then what will you replace that section with? Leaving it blank?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

I don't have any problem with the side bar nor do I use it often. But I guess I'm fine with it there as a decoration.

If you want to remove it, then what will you replace that section with? Leaving it blank?
Great

I intend to widen the forums real estate for better user experience, turning it into a 1 column design while shifting certain sidebar content below the forums.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Usually Don't use mobile to login in, as screen is too small for me. Always using PC with wide screen so no issues with or without the sidebar....

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Usually Don't use mobile to login in, as screen is too small for me. Always using PC with wide screen so no issues with or without the sidebar....
as in a desktop pc?

Would you mind telling me:
- what are the main activities do you do on your pc?
- what other sites / forums do you frequent?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
as in a desktop pc?

I usually visit ZTH using desktop pc as well. Easier for me to type. I'll only use my phone to surf ZTH forum if I am away from my pc and wanted to do some reading.

As for the main activities that I do on my pc, I normally use it for web surfing, playing music and watching videos. Used to play video games a lot but less frequent now.

If it is automotive sites that I frequent, it would be here or paultan.org. Or Youtube watching car videos. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
as in a desktop pc?

Yup, desktop PC.
Do almost everything online nowadays. Search for stuffs, check for things, banking, pay bills, see movies, email, fb, forums etc.....
Main site, automotive forums are ZTH and Autoworld. AW very slow now with readers only, forum almost dead....:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
as in a desktop pc?

I'm also fine with the sidebar as I also only go into ZTH using my laptop only, so no issue about space for me. I rarely click on them though, only once a while when something interesting catches my eyes so I guess depends on the material topics that pop up there. I always keep an eye on the Hot Cars for sale though.

Main activities on my PC is of course office work. Other than that just email, browsing, internet banking, book flights or movie tickets, etc2. Other sites: Lowyat Forum, FB, Mudah, Motorsport websites (Crash.net, Motorsport.com, PlanetF1), youtube, news.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I feel the search function is lacking, often enough, it lead me to irrelevant threads.
Agree. Sometimes, the search function includes key words from the side bar. Irrelevant threads coincidentally the sidebar on that thread has your key word on it.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I usually visit ZTH using desktop pc as well. Easier for me to type. I'll only use my phone to surf ZTH forum if I am away from my pc and wanted to do some reading.

As for the main activities that I do on my pc, I normally use it for web surfing, playing music and watching videos. Used to play video games a lot but less frequent now.

If it is automotive sites that I frequent, it would be here or paultan.org. Or Youtube watching car videos. :biggrin:
thanks for sharing your feedback vr2turbo,
will come in handy in the coming weeks

I feel the search function is lacking, often enough, it lead me to irrelevant threads.
Agree. Sometimes, the search function includes key words from the side bar. Irrelevant threads coincidentally the sidebar on that thread has your key word on it.

Thanks guys, can you clarify if this search function you are referring to is the forums native version or the google version located on the sidebar?

I'm also fine with the sidebar as I also only go into ZTH using my laptop only, so no issue about space for me. I rarely click on them though, only once a while when something interesting catches my eyes so I guess depends on the material topics that pop up there. I always keep an eye on the Hot Cars for sale though.

Main activities on my PC is of course office work. Other than that just email, browsing, internet banking, book flights or movie tickets, etc2. Other sites: Lowyat Forum, FB, Mudah, Motorsport websites (Crash.net, Motorsport.com, PlanetF1), youtube, news.
thanks 6uest, it looks like you are a big motorsports buff from your list of favourites

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
retain for desktop version...

and probably need a darker shade of background instead of plain white.... :driver: easier on eyes especially for those who browse during night time

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
thanks for sharing your feedback vr2turbo,
will come in handy in the coming weeks

Thanks guys, can you clarify if this search function you are referring to is the forums native version or the google version located on the sidebar?
Tom, I think you have mistakenly quoted my feedback as VR2turbo, lol.

It is the google version of the search function. The one located on sidebar and also the one on the middle of forum homepage.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

At 5am UK time, Team Lotus F1 will be unveiling their latest machine this Monday to their subscribers and fans only before the world gets to see it. Subscription is free of charge and good before 31st of January. The Subscription automatically puts you in the list to receive their free but highly exclusive Team Lotus Notes magazine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience