Yokohama ADVAN Fleva V701

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Conti have new Extreme Contact Sports, Pirelli have new P Zero also (PZ4)
Continental I think has too many line ups. There's also the Conti Force Contact which is kinda max/extreme category? Confused how all those are positioned, seems many overlaps.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Continental I think has too many line ups. There's also the Conti Force Contact which is kinda max/extreme category? Confused how all those are positioned, seems many overlaps.
Especially their name, like MC5 (Max Contact) thought damn high up the category, then Ultra contact too, but both mid to lower end only.
Yup, Force Contact is extreme/track category

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
Tried out the Hankook v12E2 on my friends polo gti, yes on the softer side but it grips well for daily use and handles the cars 180hp fairly well.... My friends car is 215/45/17. Most likely would be going for this option. Also to be aware, there are 2 types.. Indon made and Korean. His is Korean

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tried out the Hankook v12E2 on my friends polo gti, yes on the softer side but it grips well for daily use and handles the cars 180hp fairly well.... My friends car is 215/45/17. Most likely would be going for this option. Also to be aware, there are 2 types.. Indon made and Korean. His is Korean
Made where might be by model and/or by size, so you need to check on it.....

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
Made where might be by model and/or by size, so you need to check on it.....
Yeah true, Fixed the Fleva V701 for my car today at RM210/pc for 195/55/15. Let's see how these tires are performing as I use them. Off the bat, I don't see a huge difference with my previous tires but the sidewalls are certainly on the softer side. Prefer that on a daily ride. The shop guy also said that the fleva performs better than the V12E2 in wet especially. We'll see

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah true, Fixed the Fleva V701 for my car today at RM210/pc for 195/55/15. Let's see how these tires are performing as I use them. Off the bat, I don't see a huge difference with my previous tires but the sidewalls are certainly on the softer side. Prefer that on a daily ride. The shop guy also said that the fleva performs better than the V12E2 in wet especially. We'll see
They sell V701 to you sure say V701 good mah.....lol
However some reviews mention average in wet only, so now waiting for your feedback.....:driver:

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
They sell V701 to you sure say V701 good mah.....lol
However some reviews mention average in wet only, so now waiting for your feedback.....:driver:
They sell all sorts of tires including V12E2, tested it on dry roads so far and it grips well. It is not harsh and works well with a daily car. But personally I feel for spirited drives it's not going to be enjoyable but I'm sure you'll have to set your car up in order to compensate. But for a daily, loving these tires compared to my RE003. Have to wait for the rain to test further but then again for a daily I'm sure it would be more than adequate(Also depending what monster cars you guys drive, mine is a myvi). Then again talking about spirited driving I feel RE002 was better than RE003.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
One thing, never really believe what shop guy said! :biggrin: Shop guys can have all kinds of hidden motives to say 1 product is better than the others, even though they might sell them all. It can be that they have more stock of the V701 or they might have better profit margin on the V701 for example. Anyway both tires have doubting reviews in the wet performance.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Forget this tire... better proven options out there.. penny wise pound foolish. Even GY F1 D5 has more consistent reviewed performance over this.

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
One thing, never really believe what shop guy said! :biggrin: Shop guys can have all kinds of hidden motives to say 1 product is better than the others, even though they might sell them all. It can be that they have more stock of the V701 or they might have better profit margin on the V701 for example. Anyway both tires have doubting reviews in the wet performance.
Agreed, never opted for these tires based on shop recommendation, for me it was either V701 or V12E2. All with a pinch of salt :biggrin: btw max I would want to spend on is 210/pc it fit my bill wont wait to spend a dime more. I'm aware about the wet performance but it all defers in our application. Nevertheless, I'm not encouraging this tire in any way. Reviews are still reviews, best is to test it on your own which might help others choose better.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agreed, never opted for these tires based on shop recommendation, for me it was either V701 or V12E2. All with a pinch of salt :biggrin: btw max I would want to spend on is 210/pc it fit my bill wont wait to spend a dime more. I'm aware about the wet performance but it all defers in our application. Nevertheless, I'm not encouraging this tire in any way. Reviews are still reviews, best is to test it on your own which might help others choose better.
Use within the tyres capability you are very safe......lol:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Could not agree more bro :smokin::biggrin:
That is why when I try out a set of tyres on my VR, if they are good, then on NA cars will surely be good. If not too good, on NA can still be ok, even I had one set that was bad, my mechanic who used them on his NA car say they were okay. Not sure maybe his driving skill better, car less power or just within becuase the tyre capability.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help ! Why the radio and the clock doesnt working?? But the fuse at the back of the radio is okay,and the fuse in the dashboard is okay,i dont know why
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience