Year 99-02 (16bit) FD3S ECU Pinouts and solenoid system blacbox guide

ipohboy

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
These files I made long ago for my own reference about the later year fd3s ECU and solenoid system blackbox guide. I hosted them using geocities and posted it on the big rx7club forum as well as the fdowners forum.
Since the geocities will be dead on 26 October, I decided to attach it here if someone need it later on.

Attachments

Last edited:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Well done mate. i had the biggest nightmare trying to get it right back in the day. Glen aka 13btt and me practically stayed up the night trying to fix the solenoid box. Again, well done.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

what format is the file saved as?

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Oh my god... this is a very damn good job. There are two files - excel file shows the fuse box internal against output. The word doc shows pictures of the system itself.

Double thumbs up!

ipohboy

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
Maybe I should explain a bit about these files. I attach it using .zip file and you can open it using either winzip or winrar software ( should be included in windows.).

There are 2 files in it. One file in MS excel format is for the ecu pinouts looking at the ecu side. (it is not the fuse box savahn :hello:). Anyway , the '99 through '02 use 3 connectors each has 34,22,& 28 pins with one connectors left blank. I think maybe Mazda want to save cost last time and use similar ecu socket layout like one of the toyota's (forget which model) that has the same connectors and number of pins in each connectors (It's a Denso product anyway).
There are some pins left with (-) because they are not in use or maybe it's extra for an automatic fd3s.
Take note on the pin 4P (from the 34 pins connectors) , I wrote "96-98 (heat warning light) 99- (-)" which means it used to be a pin for exhaust heat warning light for the '96-'98 model, but '99 model doesn't have this item anymore.

The second files is in .doc format. First page I described the function of all the solenoids attached to the blackbox.
Note: If you're searching for the other turbo control solenoid (2 of 2), it is attached to the ACV
at the lower intake manifold. You can see it on the last page on the full 93'-95' vacuum diagram.

For the other 2 pages, I numbered all the nipples on the blackbox and matched them to the other end of the nipples on the earlier model vacuum diagram. So that it will be easier for all to identify which vac hoses connect to which ends.

I think that's all.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
mate, i've tried downloading it in the office and at home. seems to only be 1 file. please do send me the information to [email protected]
thanks a tonne matey!!

ipohboy

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
mate, i've tried downloading it in the office and at home. seems to only be 1 file. please do send me the information to [email protected]
thanks a tonne matey!!
Hmm, why you can't extract it? :hmmmm:
Btw, already send you the files to your mail early morning. Did you get it Dev?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Got it. Thanks a again. Lots of work went in to this. Well done.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
it is only 1 file. I could not read it under excel or doc file.

ipohboy

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
it is only 1 file. I could not read it under excel or doc file.
Somehow the file attached can only be downloaded to 453KB , the file should be 917KB in size. I don't know what's wrong because yesterday I checked it works perfect.

Btw, I have reupload it again.

The reason I compress this 2 files in 1 single .zip format is because ZTH only allow attachment for .doc max size up to 683.6KB only. The solenoid system .doc file is 957KB. So the only way to attach it is to compress it to .zip file format because ZTH allow up to 1.91MB for .zip format.

You have to decompress the .zip file using any suitable software such as winRAR or winzip to get to the files. You can't open the .zip file directly.

Hope it works.

-peace-

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey all,

Practically been to almost all the major hardware shops to look for the DPI Autocolour code AP16602. I need a can urgently. If anyone spot it, do let me know, pls pls pls .. thanks alot ! can contact me at 016-2080519, thanks !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience