as i noe its due to :
1) oil pump (faulty)
2) insufficienet engine oil

wat other causes??? anyone noes?

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
sorry to ask,
what is this ? what will happen if it is faulty?
jinkl said:
u r right ,
but its meant to worn out ler , thts y must keep changing mar

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
softmuffin : offer some muffin ler wei , hungry man hehehe

erm if bearings get eaten up :) then u can see ur engine getting eaten up :P
maybe conrod or crankshaft if in block ler
thts the reason they put the wear n tear in the engine. instead of the engine wearing , u let the bearings wear n change em

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
jinkl said:
softmuffin : offer some muffin ler wei , hungry man hehehe

erm if bearings get eaten up :) then u can see ur engine getting eaten up :P
maybe conrod or crankshaft if in block ler
thts the reason they put the wear n tear in the engine. instead of the engine wearing , u let the bearings wear n change em
Roger that Sir Jinkl!

gti[GSR]

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
but dis kinda bearings suppose to last few thousands of KMs man... like at least more den 100k KM rite?

if keep changing man everyone wud need to open up their engine all da time...

dere mus b a reason y dey wear n tear so much in sucha short time?

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
actually where is the location of the engine bearing??
i also noob lah!
how the engine been eaten up?
my car 140K already how to check the bearing eaten up or not?

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
well..there are a lot of possibilities but the most probably is because the overload on the bearings...things like detonation or engine knocking are the prime suspect for premature engine bearing worn out...bearing on the engine r made to withstand vertical load and some side load...simple things like letting go the clutch pedal harshly can shift the crankshaft sideways at a small margin laa...but can still damage the bearing in the long run...i had this friend who used mivec pistons inside a 1.8 mivec and engine knocked so badly when he open the engine,not only the bearing worn out but the con rod also went missing...only traces of metal particles in the oil sump..so try rectify the knocking problem..u might not hear the knocking but when there is crank harmonics..premature wearing might happen...just my opinion..hehe

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
badguy said:
actually where is the location of the engine bearing??
i also noob lah!
how the engine been eaten up?
my car 140K already how to check the bearing eaten up or not?
bro..i think laa if u want to check whether the bearing is eaten up or not...maybe u can check the condition of the oil the next time u change the motor oil...try check for small metal particles within the oil...or do oil spectrometer test hehe..

gti[GSR]

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
due to engine knockin? hmm if engine knockin isnt dat due to insufficient fuelling?

i tot engine bearings worn are due to engien oil n not FUEL? /??? wat do u mean???

anfernee

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
Engine bearing worn out... could be frequent over-revving of the engine ? If stock ECU then can't over-rev but those that have the RPM cut removed.. or carburetor engines...

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
gti[GSR] said:
due to engine knockin? hmm if engine knockin isnt dat due to insufficient fuelling?

i tot engine bearings worn are due to engien oil n not FUEL? /??? wat do u mean???

yup...well the basics of lubrication engineering is that the oil must provide lubricating

properties and oso shock absorbing properties..there are a lot more properties that the

engine oil must have but this is the important one laa hehe...then when there are crank

harmonics or vibrations which can come from any rotating or moving parts in the engine

the bearing will absorb the vibration and spread it over the surface of the bearing..oil on

the other hand provide sufficient lubrication and absorb the shock oso..so when there is

engine knocking or detonation due to the insufficient fueling..the harsh vibration from

piston crown will be transmitted to the crank via the con rod..if its too severe the bearing

will not be able to spread the kinetic energy of the vibration and the oil in-between the

bearing and the crankshaft journal would be displaced..then there would be metal-to-metal

contact..hehe...this is where the bearing would start to worn out until it is decimated..

insufficient oiling maybe the culprit but looking at the quality of today's automotive

engineering the oiling capacity of the oil pump shud not be a problem if only it is

in gud working condition...so if wanna go racing must upgrade maa..anyway this is one

of da probable cause laa..hehe..feel free to correct me if im wrong..we all learning

what..hehe..

Last edited:

zakie

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
u wanna noe y arr??
very easy one loorr...
bearing worn out.... hehehheheee...
lu rembat x ingat rosak...
dah rosak baru mau ingat rosak...
haiyaa..... lagi mau tanya.....
tak mau rosak simpan dlm garage....
gerenti x rosak....100%...
jgn marah aaaa.....
:dancing2:

u have 2 remember one thing arr....
once the rpm hit 7000 above....
sure it will effect u'r bearing loorrr....
and it depends on wat purpose u using ur
car 4...... :dancing2:

gti[GSR]

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
wellz dere mite b a reason frequency of it kept repeating...? mahf wen'sc ar he changed block like 3 times n dis tiem comin 2 fourth...

y? wellz from wat i read so far, its da insufficient fuelling....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First off thank you in advance to those whom provide useful and creative impute to the project I'm working on.

For warning: This is not in the least the typical mod. project, purely aesthetic and not using any conventional mod kits or going for any kind of traditional theme. So this may not be of interest many of you.

Heres the deal. I bought a badly vandalized, somewhat weathered Saturn SL1 (compact 4 door sedan) for $500. All the mechanical workings and general running health of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience