WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
You're obviously new to zerotohundred. :biggrin:

I'm usually the one coming into threads cracking the whip telling them that they OT
LOL actually i have been around ZTH for about 10 years :biggrin:. Just that i don't start or reply to thread cause i wasn't knowledgeable enough. Yeah off topic is really first time to me. :rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Means Cars in Jakarta more expensive than here?
Depends, if just normal cars then Indonesia is slightly cheaper, maybe by around 15%. But if sports, performance, or high end cars, they are much more expensive coz very rare to find. One main factor is because importing used cars is not allowed.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Depends, if just normal cars then Indonesia is slightly cheaper, maybe by around 15%. But if sports, performance, or high end cars, they are much more expensive coz very rare to find. One main factor is because importing used cars is not allowed.
Which means JDM market exclusive cars are very difficult to find then? Cars like WRX STI 2.0 which is only for the Japanese market is unavailable?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Every country different rules.......:hmmmm:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Which means JDM market exclusive cars are very difficult to find then? Cars like WRX STI 2.0 which is only for the Japanese market is unavailable?
Wow, din know Indonesia has such strict laws. Thanks for educating. Even for Australia they can import any car into their soil as long as it passes emission standard and road worthy. But most Japanese imports are not qualified, and some they have to detune the car from the country they import from to match the emission standard. EVO VIII in Aussie for example is about 276hp and slightly lower torque, officially import. They can't decat their car's exhaust system, modifying car in Aussie also raises the insurance cost and the insurance cost cost more than the car in long run. One more thing, most Australians are very into protecting the environment and they will really comply to the emission standards. Unlike here, i think most of us will decat the car's exhaust system once we have the chance.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Wow, din know Indonesia has such strict laws. Thanks for educating. Even for Australia they can import any car into their soil as long as it passes emission standard and road worthy. But most Japanese imports are not qualified, and some they have to detune the car from the country they import from to match the emission standard. EVO VIII in Aussie for example is about 276hp and slightly lower torque, officially import. They can't decat their car's exhaust system, modifying car in Aussie also raises the insurance cost and the insurance cost cost more than the car in long run. One more thing, most Australians are very into protecting the environment and they will really comply to the emission standards. Unlike here, i think most of us will decat the car's exhaust system once we have the chance.
True for Australia. Seen and watched many videos of JDM cars being sent to Australia after bidding from auction. Other than JDM, I heard that Australia do have some true American muscle cars too isn't it? Like those from 1970s.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
True for Australia. Seen and watched many videos of JDM cars being sent to Australia after bidding from auction. Other than JDM, I heard that Australia do have some true American muscle cars too isn't it? Like those from 1970s.
Yup many muscles are still roaming around the streets. Its very rare to spot one cause most of them are from 60's to 70's. During the 80's, the Japanese cars were becoming very popular in Aussie, i can still see the old Galant VR2 cruising down the street. Not to mention Holden is holding their own during that time and making their own automobiles, too bad they are sold to China now ...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup many muscles are still roaming around the streets. Its very rare to spot one cause most of them are from 60's to 70's. During the 80's, the Japanese cars were becoming very popular in Aussie, i can still see the old Galant VR2 cruising down the street. Not to mention Holden is holding their own during that time and making their own automobiles, too bad they are sold to China now ...
So nowadays, normally what are the cars that roam Australian streets? Conti, Japanese, Korean or locals? Holden makes great cars too such as Commodore and Monaro.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
So nowadays, normally what are the cars that roam Australian streets? Conti, Japanese, Korean or locals? Holden makes great cars too such as Commodore and Monaro.
Most of the time, i saw Toyotas (too many models), Mitsubishis (ASX most of the time), Mazda (3 & 6), Hyundai (Elantra GT, Tucson). Holden big CC cars are declining at a scaring rate, Aussies are going low CC turbocharged cars. EVOs have a great share in Australia.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, Evos, WRX, Skyline GTRs, Silvias, RX7s, Supras, etc2. are very rare, only a handful of rich enthusiasts own those cars, and they bought them when new with direct import so it's damn expensive. The authorized brand distributors who import or assemble Japanese cars normally just import or assembled normal cars or at most luxury sedans, but not sports/performance cars. It's easier to find Porsches and Ferraris than those cars now in Indonesia (even though Porsches and Ferraris are also not as commonly seen like in Malaysia).

Every country different rules.......:hmmmm:
They disallow importing used cars to protect the authorized sole distributors. But with regards to modifying them, there's basically not much restrictions. Taking cat con out is no issue as most cars in Indonesia still lack cat con anyway! When changing title/ownership on a car, also no need to go for inspection. Insurance is basically just depending on the car price and how much you want to value your cars.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Because here no people take care. And even when have kopiko always can take care of it. My brother is living in Australia, and when dry spell and there are restriction on Car wash , no one washes their car