Would you..

Sep 10, 2007
Ok, so my 1984 rx-7 12A was running, i just bought it as my first car. I've looked over the manual and understand the only main difference but here's what's goin on, i was driving, its a manual, it stalled but i didn't stall it. I tried to re start it but it wouldn't turn over. i tried repeatedly and waited. Eventually it turned over and started. once it turned over it would start alright on the drive home this happened three times, it was pretty bad. Before i got where i was goin, last time it stalled, wouldn't start so i tried jumping it with no help, got it towed... and since have got the starter tested, at a shop against resistence, so thats fine. once i knew that wasn't it i looked at the ignition system. I found that one of my two coils had water residue with a rust tint, corrosion so i replaced that and the wire. i tried starting it right after didn't turn over, i was hella pissed lol but i waited and tried again and it started, at this point it didn't wanna idle well and there was a rattle so once i could i got closer i think its in the engine, any ideas there? Also after i let it idle to low and it stalled it either was a pain to start or plain wouldn't. But it turns over now,i'm not sure if i can trust it because after i replaced it it didn't fix it right away. I've used a battery jumper and starting fluid, none of these really make it start like it consistantly or even together. Lastly as i would drive, accelerate i'd be blowing huge light blue clouds of blue smoke, O-rings? I've gotta go into the engine but before i'd like it to start consistantly so HELP ME PLEASE!!...I don't know i love breakin loose with my car listenin to my custom system , also its my only car, first car and need it for transportation, so any info is greatly apprecaited!

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
sounds like u got a savana.... i guess your apex seals had reach its life span... u need to open up your engine and check.... hopefully its just the apex seal... if its your rotor rub againts your housing... then i would say good luck to u...

send to some1 who are familiar with rotary engines and proceed from there... try out the rx-7 forum thread

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro,

i bough on toyota le body..which originally 8 valve..then i when bought 12 valve...toyota le engine...i try to insert the egine..oni right hand side....mounting oni can fit....the other moutning....not at all....and the cross..member also not fit.....is there..different cross member for 12 valve?
another thing....the drive sharp.....is it 8 valve and 12 valve same.......plz help me...bcoz im fixing on ma own.....thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience