Wireless Network

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

PooH

Hi I'm having problems with my new wireless network connection at home.I just set it up.I'm using a D-Link DI-714P+ wireless router(has line as well) and DWL-659+ wifi card also from D-Link.When using line there isnt much hassle or problem everthing seems OK.But when I use the wifi I get an unstable connection.The signal I guess is affected cause of the distance but it's not that far bout 5 metres or 8 at maximum.Thats not what bothering me.Even if I place the laptop next to the router there seem to be a problem.Internet connection is pretty slow.Real slow.I cant load a page fast it takes ages to load.And I cant load MSN...ICQ can but sometimes cannot also.Sometimes I'm online I can msg people but I cant receive msg from other people.
Please help...What migh be wrong???

I m having the same problem as u , go download the driver. not the latest but a version older.
Mine is DriverVer=06/05/2003,3.0.23.4.

I found that using their latest version driver, the wifi will disconnect without any reason.

I am using 2 Dl-714P+, but I don't u need to install any drivers to connect to this router.
I am using DLink DWL650+ WITHOUT single problem

Problem is not on the DLink wireless router but is on the DLunk wireless card.
U should update your wireless card driver.

thats wat i do to resolve my problem.

i guess so...coz use line ok...just the damn wifi...
erm so the remedy is download a new driver...
devil from where???
erm devil u have the same problems issit???
router DI-714+ and card DWL-650+
my driver i think is v1.2.2.22 utility v1.0
erm...but if the driver is outdated y i cant get connected...just that sometimes the thing slow then suddenly disconnect...n like 5 metres away adi the signal damn weak...
HELP!urgent

Originally posted by PooH@Mar 15 2004, 04:52 PM
i guess so...coz use line ok...just the damn wifi...
erm so the remedy is download a new driver...
devil from where???
erm devil u have the same problems issit???
router DI-714+ and card DWL-650+
my driver i think is v1.2.2.22 utility v1.0
erm...but if the driver is outdated y i cant get connected...just that sometimes the thing slow then suddenly disconnect...n like 5 metres away adi the signal damn weak...
HELP!urgent
Devil sure from Hell lah! :D From PJ area.
I m using 714P+ & 650+. bought it a year plus ago.
My 650+ driver date is 6/5/2003, driver version 3.0.23.4.

714+ is rather powerful, my apartment is about 1600SF and I can basically online everywhere ..

change your driver and your problem will be resolve! Go to DLink and download the driver.

How much is the current price of the 714P+ and 650+

erm the 714+ so powerful...cause using my old driver...v 1.XXX la i htink...
erm once i go more than 5 meters damn bloody low signal

Originally posted by PooH@Mar 16 2004, 05:35 PM
How much is the current price of the 714P+ and 650+

erm the 714+ so powerful...cause using my old driver...v 1.XXX la i htink...
erm once i go more than 5 meters damn bloody low signal
I bought the 714p+ over 18 months ago.
That time, Msia just introduce it.
I bought it when I was over Taiwan.

I have been very satisfy with 714p+ and thus I have never look into other new model.I heard you can patch the original 22MB access on 714p+ to 55MB by updating the latest bios...

However, I did not patch it due to aome constrains which I hv been ignoring ...thats why I start a new thread on that issue..

To make full use of it, yo should consider patch the bios..

hemh...
i also duno la...i tot using the new driver would be better...now the problem just came up again
suddenly disconnect
erm then i click repair sometimes can sometimes if connects but in a few minutes disconnect again
wats the problem here?

Darn it man...i just downloaded the newest driver... n now theres a stupid new problem...my pc crashes!!!
wtf...i duno wats wrong
i really need help
it suddenly just shut down n into this blue screen...saying my new hardware n all isnt properly installed...but i installed it properly already

u can always reboot pressing f9, bootr with last known hardware driver ..

check if ur wireless crash with your neighbour wireless network .. i alsl encounter it few times noticed my neighbour also using wireless..

but lately seldom liao..... make sure the antena is plug into the 714+, dont put it near solid wall ..... try to host it open area.

godd luck

the farking new driver is causing my pc to crash!
not only that...its worst that before keeps disconnecting...sometimes crash...sometiesm when i piss wanna off it also kenot
just hangs there after i click off

714P comes standard with 22 mbps enable now.Flashing to the latest firmware will enable the 44mbps rate ONLY if you use with a DLink product that also supports 44mbps..in this case its the DWL650+,DWL520+ and DWL120+.

You can get 714P and a DWL650+ card for below rm551 now ;)

Originally posted by Charles@Mar 24 2004, 10:00 AM
714P comes standard with 22 mbps enable now.Flashing to the latest firmware will enable the 44mbps rate ONLY if you use with a DLink product that also supports 44mbps..in this case its the DWL650+,DWL520+ and DWL120+.

You can get 714P and a DWL650+ card for below rm551 now ;)
I m using it now. but my 714P original bios is chinese, if I patch it to latest english patch, will this work?
Also, my policies will retain ?

I need conformation b4 i go to patch it so if u hv experience, do furnish a bit .. thanks ..

Top Bottom