Which wira to buy? gsr, vr4, evo or mivec

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member
Sep 24, 2005
15
0
1,501
Pee nen
Hi everyone. I am interested in buying a modified wira. But I am not sure the pros and cons in getting the gsr, vr4, evo and the mivec.

If you guys have any experience or knowledge for any of them please tell me. Thanks.... :rolleyes:
 

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member
Jan 11, 2005
3,228
3
3,138
sogo KL
i prefer wira evo...
better than..
u will not dissapointed
 

sta

500 RPM
Senior Member

sta

500 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 26, 2004
639
2
3,018
i recommend evo
gsr is underpowered even after mod
 

s15

1,000 RPM
Senior Member

s15

1,000 RPM
Senior Member
Feb 21, 2004
1,023
0
3,136
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
sta said:
i recommend evo
gsr is underpowered even after mod
r u sure?
wat level of mod u r refering to ?
 

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member
Jan 11, 2005
3,228
3
3,138
sogo KL
s15 said:
r u sure?
wat level of mod u r refering to ?
modd need more more money to raise power hp
 

LanEvo8

Known Member
Senior Member

LanEvo8

Known Member
Senior Member
Jul 19, 2005
249
0
1,516
sELANGOR
Depends on the wira.If u buy the wira last time is 1.5cc then go for gsr.If 1.8 go for Evo and must have JPJ approval and insurance.
 

gloss

1,500 RPM
Senior Member

gloss

1,500 RPM
Senior Member
May 23, 2005
1,546
1
3,138
SJ
make sure u really rev high when testing the car b4 purchase.... if no problem.. then ok....
 

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member
Jan 11, 2005
3,228
3
3,138
sogo KL
buy 1 modified car engine.... let say... wira with evo inside..
no need to think about approvel anymore...
just nice n thinking about modd n mantain only.. pay installment..that all
 

sky evo

Junior Member
Senior Member

sky evo

Junior Member
Senior Member
Sep 20, 2005
18
0
1,501
selangor
evo will make u satisfy laaa...

ok..lets put gsr aside coz, under power and high maintanance... so between evo and vr4 hmm...let see..i used to drive wira vr4..the engine tahan maa(u can up boost till 1.5 without any prob)...but so damm hot...u can feel the (haba) inside ur car mann..thats for sure and right now it is really hard 2 find that halfcut...and evo...now i'm driving wira e3 with boost 1.3 and there is no prob untill now..so it up 2 u to decide
 

engineer1

Known Member
Senior Member

engineer1

Known Member
Senior Member
Sep 25, 2004
108
1
3,018
Qatar
sta said:
i recommend evo
gsr is underpowered even after mod
really ka? just about to transplant my satria with gsr. if less then 1.5 then only gsr can go in maa.. i heard jpj only approved max 1.8 conversion for any proton car, even 1.8. wat will happen to all wiravo? i dunno which one is correct. better go to jpj and ask myself.
under power in wat terms? like this my wife will drive her 323f with 210 la.... coz no point convert gsr...:mad:
 

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member
Thread starter
Sep 24, 2005
15
0
1,501
Pee nen
Wow... first i like to thank you guys for replying....

Hmm... everyone seems to like evo in the wira.

But will there be lots of problems such as break downs and lots of servicing? Spare parts and all that easy to find? How much is a normal price for a wira evo?
 

sta

500 RPM
Senior Member

sta

500 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 26, 2004
639
2
3,018
engineer1 said:
really ka? just about to transplant my satria with gsr. if less then 1.5 then only gsr can go in maa.. i heard jpj only approved max 1.8 conversion for any proton car, even 1.8. wat will happen to all wiravo? i dunno which one is correct. better go to jpj and ask myself.
under power in wat terms? like this my wife will drive her 323f with 210 la.... coz no point convert gsr...:mad:
my stock gsr is really underpower dam it.
lets say u spend rm4-5k , then only the power can come up to the level of stock evo. might as well get evo straight away.
 

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Senior Member

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 15, 2003
2,330
16
3,138
群&#39340
Visit site
find a good halfcut n find the right mechanic......either 1 got prob will ruin yur hole project.
spareparts no need to worry as long as u got the $$$.......:smile: good luck
 

kruger

500 RPM
Senior Member

kruger

500 RPM
Senior Member
Feb 16, 2005
521
1
3,018
A.Setar
think like this la... what is your budget??? What kind of hp that you dream of??? Is the spare parts easy to find??? Is it easy to upgrade??? Aiya!!! Forgot to mention la... It's your money la bro.... "tepuk poket tanya selera" :D :cheers:
 

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member
Thread starter
Sep 24, 2005
15
0
1,501
Pee nen
kruger said:
think like this la... what is your budget??? What kind of hp that you dream of??? Is the spare parts easy to find??? Is it easy to upgrade??? Aiya!!! Forgot to mention la... It's your money la bro.... "tepuk poket tanya selera" :D :cheers:
The problem is that I will have enough just for the car but I don't think I have any left to fix it. So I am worried if I spend all my money on the car, then have to garage it because no money to fix the car. It will be a waste la.


Sounds like a good option to get an wira evo. Then how much is one suppose to be. Lets say a 95 model 1.6 convert to evo? Is the price of RM35k too expensive or is that the current price of the car?
 

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member
Thread starter
Sep 24, 2005
15
0
1,501
Pee nen
sky evo said:
ok..lets put gsr aside coz, under power and high maintanance... so between evo and vr4 hmm...let see..i used to drive wira vr4..the engine tahan maa(u can up boost till 1.5 without any prob)...but so damm hot...u can feel the (haba) inside ur car mann..thats for sure and right now it is really hard 2 find that halfcut...and evo...now i'm driving wira e3 with boost 1.3 and there is no prob untill now..so it up 2 u to decide

Is your's 280hp? Or does it differ once you change the 4wd to 2wd?

I also heard that by changing 4wd to 2wd would cause the engine to leak. Is that a problem? Do you also have to strenghten the chasis of your car?
 

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member
Jan 11, 2005
3,228
3
3,138
sogo KL
gloss said:
make sure u really rev high when testing the car b4 purchase.... if no problem.. then ok....
recommended plz dont do that in idle... rev high only to test run for turbo engine..
many ppl dont knw n always ram ram their engine after start.... the engine will blow on de spot... unbelieve? try its at ur risk...hehe... unless u have a big big fan..such as use at dynoshop.

most car n expesially turbo engine required air ventilation for air intake n temp ventilation..


buts...

the test run probably to test car component.. to determine car n engine cond n prob... not to be test ...how powerfull car is.

if u need to know how powerfull car is.... we prefer u to test at the track.
 

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member
Jan 11, 2005
3,228
3
3,138
sogo KL
bajahitam said:
The problem is that I will have enough just for the car but I don't think I have any left to fix it. So I am worried if I spend all my money on the car, then have to garage it because no money to fix the car. It will be a waste la.


Sounds like a good option to get an wira evo. Then how much is one suppose to be. Lets say a 95 model 1.6 convert to evo? Is the price of RM35k too expensive or is that the current price of the car?
that why i prefer u to test run.. to test car whats prob is.. not to test how power of car!


to shortcut... actually no shortcut to win/success.
but u still hv 1 option.
buy 1 wira evo... wif no major engine modd.. its easy to u to maintain.bcoz i edi knew..what ur aiming of the car. Daily powerfull car right?

mm35k for wira evo...1.6 95... hv some acc n else... that market price!
for 1.6 95 stock...market RM23K-26K
evo engine......................RM 7K
installation......................RM 1.5K
change parts..................RM 1k
suspention.....................rm 1k
exhous/d pipe/piping......rm 1k

almost rm12k...

if want to more nice.........
rim n tyre.........................rm 2k
simple body kit/spoiler.....rm1k
repainting........................rm2k
gadget............................rm1k

so total............................rm18k

rm18k + rm24k(stock car) = rm42k

hehe if u do at urselft... RM42k!..... u will spend + or -....time....energy...

so how?
r still thinking...rm35k r xpensive?


1 more think...
plz dont ask n test run the car (other party car) if u not really interested n havent enuff money to buy or to down. plz dont waste time to owner. many newbie... asking more.. n more.. test..n test... lastly.. when talk about money. 0! hv rm4k.... asking..testing..survey...wira evo!.... ahahhaha... to buy stock wira only just enuff.
many owner claim... their have many of buyer like that.bullshit.
 

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Senior Member
Jan 11, 2005
3,228
3
3,138
sogo KL
bajahitam said:
Is your's 280hp? Or does it differ once you change the 4wd to 2wd?

I also heard that by changing 4wd to 2wd would cause the engine to leak. Is that a problem? Do you also have to strenghten the chasis of your car?
ehehhe...FYI... 95% of wira converted to mits engine... use 2wd of 4wd Gbox.
once we stated it 2wd...thats meant we never use 4wd. or in other word... we disable of 4wd. so we wouldnt know hw diff. if u got LSD gearbox.. its also good..but..the lsd driveshaft very hard to find n xpnsive.once u get n encounter the prob.. u 'll proud..ehehe

yap..4wd more noti than 2wd.. almost good starting...1-2-3...smooth...
cornering also...huhuaha..good porn in cornering...
rain or wet road cond also...wuahha.. more grip..damm sexy...
hayya... .. feel sad...i hv 2wd... waiting to be 4wd?when?when?maybe when moon at my hand..hehe

u got? JPJ wouldnt approve of 4wd convertion unless u have money to free gift to encik JPJ n Department.Polis dah Kayo..saman juta2 dapat setaun.kita nak kasi free lagi?


problem?no prob? Malaysia boleh. its done when mech lock the 4wd or open n throw 4wd shaft(forgot name of part) in GBox.

strenghten? no need wif 1.6-1.8 chasis... prefer to 1.3-1.5 chasis.. but.. if u done..its better.


-correct me if im wrong sifu sifu...
 

sky evo

Junior Member
Senior Member

sky evo

Junior Member
Senior Member
Sep 20, 2005
18
0
1,501
selangor
jpj rules

ok...for newer car that wanna convert now, you cannot convert(make it a wira 1.6) more than 1.8 and for those who convert back years before, they all very selamat laa..and should have no prob mannn...gsr is underpower in terms of boost and pick up..the cost to modify also high laaa...and as for u baja hitam just buy an already convert evo...the best is to buy from ur friends...coz u can trust them maaaa....and for maintainance dont think will cost so high...make sure to change anything that need to be change on time and there should be no prob la beb...
 

engineer1

Known Member
Senior Member

engineer1

Known Member
Senior Member
Sep 25, 2004
108
1
3,018
Qatar
sky evo said:
ok...for newer car that wanna convert now, you cannot convert(make it a wira 1.6) more than 1.8 and for those who convert back years before, they all very selamat laa..and should have no prob mannn...gsr is underpower in terms of boost and pick up..the cost to modify also high laaa...and as for u baja hitam just buy an already convert evo...the best is to buy from ur friends...coz u can trust them maaaa....and for maintainance dont think will cost so high...make sure to change anything that need to be change on time and there should be no prob la beb...

that means what i heard is correct la. any proton only up to 1.8 upgrade only. this also apply to 1.8 ka? then all should look for 2.0D wira. but diesel to petrol wont entitle 50% anymore on roadtax is it? coz only diesel enjoy 50% roadtax. correct me if i m wrong. never be a jpj employee before:tongue:
 

sky evo

Junior Member
Senior Member

sky evo

Junior Member
Senior Member
Sep 20, 2005
18
0
1,501
selangor
check this out....

ya lah...but if u wanna give our pakcik2 extra pocket maney can laaa...hehehe...it cost lots of money daaaa...but can be made...everything is about da money...for example..my friend just converted his satria 1.3 to gsr..you how much da pacik pow him????cost him bout 2k just to register that damm car mannn...so if u have extra money than its ok....if not just buy already converted car laaaaa
 

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member
Thread starter
Sep 24, 2005
15
0
1,501
Pee nen
EvoGanu said:
that why i prefer u to test run.. to test car whats prob is.. not to test how power of car!


to shortcut... actually no shortcut to win/success.
but u still hv 1 option.
buy 1 wira evo... wif no major engine modd.. its easy to u to maintain.bcoz i edi knew..what ur aiming of the car. Daily powerfull car right?

mm35k for wira evo...1.6 95... hv some acc n else... that market price!
for 1.6 95 stock...market RM23K-26K
evo engine......................RM 7K
installation......................RM 1.5K
change parts..................RM 1k
suspention.....................rm 1k
exhous/d pipe/piping......rm 1k

almost rm12k...

if want to more nice.........
rim n tyre.........................rm 2k
simple body kit/spoiler.....rm1k
repainting........................rm2k
gadget............................rm1k

so total............................rm18k

rm18k + rm24k(stock car) = rm42k

hehe if u do at urselft... RM42k!..... u will spend + or -....time....energy...

so how?
r still thinking...rm35k r xpensive?


1 more think...
plz dont ask n test run the car (other party car) if u not really interested n havent enuff money to buy or to down. plz dont waste time to owner. many newbie... asking more.. n more.. test..n test... lastly.. when talk about money. 0! hv rm4k.... asking..testing..survey...wira evo!.... ahahhaha... to buy stock wira only just enuff.
many owner claim... their have many of buyer like that.bullshit.


Hahaha... I will think twice now. I didn't know that it was 40k for me to modify myself. I thought it was more than 50k for a stock car + overall modifications.

Thanks for your advise. But after test running the car, what are the faults that I have to beware off?
 

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Senior Member

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Senior Member
Apr 3, 2005
328
1
3,018
Offshore
Hi..

my fren...

u must hav in mind what r u looking for... u can ask others opinion, but at last its up to u to decide...

i hav drive both, evo and gsr... stock and mild mod...
if u r 'gila kuasa' type.... go for evo.... gsr wont satisfy u.... u choose gsr the not satisfied, change to evo... doulbe work... double cost...
if u just want some pickup when overtaking + u r family man + u r very concern bout FC... go for GSR...

my advice... know what u looking for
 

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member

bajahitam

Junior Member
Senior Member
Thread starter
Sep 24, 2005
15
0
1,501
Pee nen
Thanks everyone. I'll keep all your advise in mind. Now I have gotta search for wira evo that is for sale now. :smile: