Where to Buy Bosch Car Battery cheap?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How is the price compared to Century or Yokohama and is it stronger?
Very little is cheaper than Century. Panasonic is one of the higher priced ones, NS60 for example friend friend price (got a friend working in Eneos) is still RM220. But that's for the lower current one. There's a higher current version which is marginally more expensive. Something like RM250 or something.

Yes, Panasonic 1 size has 2 different power outputs. You probably wanna have a look at those.

Optima Yellows these days brand new sell for 600 and above depending on size. But they last forever. Like minimum 5 years forever. So cost effectiveness is pretty good. But you gotta make sure you're not boiling the battery with your turbo or manifold. Any battery exposed to that much heat will fail prematurely. If you compare your battery with those in the boot like those found in BMW, those with boot batteries last much longer, no heat!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Very little is cheaper than Century. Panasonic is one of the higher priced ones, NS60 for example friend friend price (got a friend working in Eneos) is still RM220. But that's for the lower current one. There's a higher current version which is marginally more expensive. Something like RM250 or something.

Yes, Panasonic 1 size has 2 different power outputs. You probably wanna have a look at those.

Optima Yellows these days brand new sell for 600 and above depending on size. But they last forever. Like minimum 5 years forever. So cost effectiveness is pretty good. But you gotta make sure you're not boiling the battery with your turbo or manifold. Any battery exposed to that much heat will fail prematurely. If you compare your battery with those in the boot like those found in BMW, those with boot batteries last much longer, no heat!
My budget is only around rm250-300 tops, don't want to spend more than that on batteries. I'll look for the Panasonic next time around then.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Pana is more expensive as for RM220 can get NS70 already.
Different output nowadays could be different model name. Those days they were either N40, N40Z or NS60 have different ampere and CCA

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

My budget is only around rm250-300 tops, don't want to spend more than that on batteries. I'll look for the Panasonic next time around then.
Your budget can get NS70 size if that is the size you are using......:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Your budget can get NS70 size if that is the size you are using......:driver:
I cannot use NS70 coz my terminals are the small type! So can only use NS60L, sigh...:banghead:
Maybe that's why also not enough juice to start after 1 week idle.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I cannot use NS70 coz my terminals are the small type! So can only use NS60L, sigh...:banghead:
Why don't you just buy a charger and extension cable, assuming you're not staying in a condo.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
A good battery can last up to 3 months not hooked up. If already fitted to car, usually 3 to 4 weeks should not be a problem because alarm system, clock, HU standby, etc., draining it. If yours drain off in a week, probably you have parasitic leak, means something drawing power. My car having that problem, have sent to 2 wire man also don't know what is wrong. I google youtube and tested myself and found the draw coming from my ignition line, so now when I park at home I pull out the ignition fuse. Then when want to use car, plug back fuse. A little problematic but it works, battery not dead.....hhahhahahaha:biggrin:

If can only fit NS60 size then your budget good for the Panasonic battery. Anyway, most sedan cars comes with NS60 size only, and most upgrade them to NS70. However my SUV comes with NS70 as standard.....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Why don't you just buy a charger and extension cable, assuming you're not staying in a condo.
Well unfortunately I am staying at a condo.

A good battery can last up to 3 months not hooked up. If already fitted to car, usually 3 to 4 weeks should not be a problem because alarm system, clock, HU standby, etc., draining it. If yours drain off in a week, probably you have parasitic leak, means something drawing power. My car having that problem, have sent to 2 wire man also don't know what is wrong. I google youtube and tested myself and found the draw coming from my ignition line, so now when I park at home I pull out the ignition fuse. Then when want to use car, plug back fuse. A little problematic but it works, battery not dead.....hhahhahahaha:biggrin:

If can only fit NS60 size then your budget good for the Panasonic battery. Anyway, most sedan cars comes with NS60 size only, and most upgrade them to NS70. However my SUV comes with NS70 as standard.....:driver:
My only suspicion is the blinking lights on my Viper alarm plus the Clifford immobilizer. Or maybe my car audio. I don't know, how to test leh? I'm very nub at electrical. Maybe next time I just unplug the terminal.

I need to change the terminals to big size to use NS70, not convenient as it's all factory fitted and clamped already. If got adaptor terminal kit then that would be great.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
unplug terminal no alarm. car senang kena towed

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well unfortunately I am staying at a condo.

My only suspicion is the blinking lights on my Viper alarm plus the Clifford immobilizer. Or maybe my car audio. I don't know, how to test leh? I'm very nub at electrical. Maybe next time I just unplug the terminal.

I need to change the terminals to big size to use NS70, not convenient as it's all factory fitted and clamped already. If got adaptor terminal kit then that would be great.
You will need amp meter. Unplug positive terminal on battery then hook meter between battery and positive terminal. Switch off as per normal, then see if there is current draw. Low current draw I think below 1 amp is normal for the clock, HU standby etc. If the current draw is high (mine is 3 plus amp) then you one by one unplug your fuse. Start with those in main engine compartment and followed by those in the passenger compartment. Any fuse drawn and the draw current drops or stop then trace what fuse is that. From there trouble shoot what is drawing the current....:driver:

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Yup, that's the risk but my condo is so far very safe now. If my battery lost juice also the same, alarm would not work anymore.
My mechanic got one client lost his Evo 6.5 from Condo car park.....:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You will need amp meter. Unplug positive terminal on battery then hook meter between battery and positive terminal. Switch off as per normal, then see if there is current draw. Low current draw I think below 1 amp is normal for the clock, HU standby etc. If the current draw is high (mine is 3 plus amp) then you one by one unplug your fuse. Start with those in main engine compartment and followed by those in the passenger compartment. Any fuse drawn and the draw current drops or stop then trace what fuse is that. From there trouble shoot what is drawing the current....:driver:

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

My mechanic got one client lost his Evo 6.5 from Condo car park.....:banghead:
Hmm I'll try test first when got time. I think my multi meter also already not working now, almost never use.

Well like I said even if I activate alarms etc like normal but then the battery run out of juice, all those things also will not work anymore. I have a few extra steering and pedal locks though and my condo so far is very secure. I hope if really got thieves hunting in my condo, they would target other cars as there are many more interesting and expensive cars there with less locks than mine. Evo 6.5 TME is a rare gem so it's a thief magnet.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
DIY TT! :biggrin:

These days any excuse to TT
Hahaha, I never know when and where you guys TT also, never seem to match my time as well.
Usually I'll try DIY myself and maybe get my boys to help if needed for father-son bonding time. So I teach them also about cars little by little by doing these.

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
Hahaha, I never know when and where you guys TT also, never seem to match my time as well.
Usually I'll try DIY myself and maybe get my boys to help if needed for father-son bonding time. So I teach them also about cars little by little by doing these.
My X also idle on weekday and only drive on weekend, so far the battery seem ok.:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my fren car was stolen on tuesday (30/08/2005) around 5 pm in the
evening. the location at TAMAN SEGAR , JALAN LEMAK 2

the car is a wira dark grey color, just convert to 4g91 recently.
15 white BSA inch , 10 inch front windscreen sticker , skirting and exaust

this happen when he found out the key hole at the rear bonet was missing
he go home and call his fren to check for the price. On the same time , he heard
the car alarm trigger. when he went out, he saw the thief is driving his car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience