What's the similar model of my Mitsubishi Car with Malaysian car?

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
I'm from Philippines and I own a Mitsubishi Lancer EL 1996 model. We call it here Lancer Itlog ( itlog was a Tagalog word means EGG ) because of its egg shape tail light. It had a 4G13 cyclone engine, Aisan Variable Venturi Carburator and manual transmission.

I'm confuse which of your Malaysian Car to compare for my reference in your "zerotohunred.com website.

Hope somebody can help me. Thanks.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
4G13 carbie?

If not mistaken almost any Proton Wira/Satria has compatible engine parts. Unless yours is the 'reverse' type of 4G13?

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
Ok. Got it. Just same in Singapore. I almost jump out of the taxi. Because it's driving the opposite side of the road. Ha ha ha.
Maybe that's the reason that the driver will not start the car if you don't use your seatbelt. Ha ha ha.

Thank you for the info.

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
EL - 4-door sedan and no tachometer. Powered by a 1.3 L Cyclone Variable Venturi carbureted engine (4G13 SOHC) (59 kW) (Note: if E10 shall be used, consult manufacturer first)
So only carb type engine have problem with E10. Our fuel here have E10.

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
@huakenny

Thanks for the reply. Here's the picture of my Mitsubishi Lancer car.

Also include picture of my first diy rebuilding my junk loose compression engine. I'm actually a Computer and POS Hardware Service Engineer. Hope I fully understand the instruction and specs of 4G1 series service manual. LOL

Attachments

Last edited:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
@huakenny

Thanks for the reply. Here's the picture of my Mitsubishi Lancer car.

Also include picture of my first diy rebuilding my junk loose compression engine. I'm actually a Computer and POS Hardware Service Engineer. Hope I fully understand the instruction and specs of 4G1 series service manual. LOL
this is definately same with our proton wira 4g13 4g15 series

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
Just finished mounting my first DIY rebuilt of my junk loose 4G13 engine with fc of 4km/liter.

Engine was sent to machine shop for relining and rebore to STD 1.3/L 4G13 engine. I replaced piston rings, Main crankshaft bearing, valve seals and cylinder head gasket. I manually grind pistons ring end gap into 0.33mm. Bought piston ring too long or oversize.

Perform general cleaning of carbon deposits on cylinder head intake and exhaust port and all bolt, spring , washer that have carbon deposit. I really want clean internals of my newly rebuilt engine.

Lapped all valve seals, cleaned oil holes for camshaft and crankshaft oil lubrication. Some already partially clogged and causing damaged no.1 main bearing.
Adjusted valve clearance for intake valve into 0.1mm and exhaust into 0.17 as specified in Mitsubishi 4G1 series service manual. But the mechanic adjust the intake valve clearance it to 0.15mm. According to him engine will not run if 0.1mm was used.

Actually I'm nervous when the mechanic about to start the engine because this the first time to diy engine. I spent on parts and tools lot of time for the doing it.

But my engine run smoothly and I'm very happy and proud of myself. .:proud: . My only mistake was the valve clearance. But still confuse. Because that was specified on service manual.

Standard value: on cold engine
Intake 0.09 mm
Exhaust 0.17 mm

May i know if what your 4G13 valve clearance adjustment for your Proton Wira? How many kilometers before I change oil for newly rebored engine? Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
0.15 sounds about right. But is that the exhaust or intake?

I can't remember what mine is. 0.15 intake 0.17 exhaust I think.

And you did the whole rebuild at home or you own a workshop?

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
0.15 sounds about right. But is that the exhaust or intake?

I can't remember what mine is. 0.15 intake 0.17 exhaust I think.

And you did the whole rebuild at home or you own a workshop?
The mechanic set intake to 0.15mm and exhaust to 0.25mm.

Except for the machine shop job of relining and rebore. Yes I rebuild whole engine in my computer repair shop. I have also to buy Koken brand Socket Wrench, Flower type socket w/ 1/2" drive, Torque wrench, C clamp to remove valve seals , Timing light, Vacuum gauge and Compression Tester. Tools usually not I don't have in my Electronic workshop. LOL

I also lately discovered that my installed Intake Manifold have oil and carbon deposits. Probably due to my previous 4G15 engine have defective valve seal. It's possible that oil in cylinder head have passed thru PCV and feed to Intake Manifold. Removed 4G15 now in my workshop have also oil in its spark plug gap.

Here's picture of intake manifold of removed 4G15. Do I have to removed Oil w/ carbon deposits in Intake Manifold or it will be removed by air fuel mixture from carb?

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wow.. *2 thumbs up*

No harm cleaning off the oil. No harm leaving it there either. But I'd prefer to clean it up

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

According to reports online, Porsche's new chairman has said that the German supercar builder is evaluating a return to Formula 1, a sport the company left in 1962 due to high costs.

Though Porsche has returned as an engine supplier a couple times (remember TAG Mclaren?), the marque has generally stayed away from Formula One, preferring instead to compete in endurance races and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience