What's the next car you'll buy?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hahaha I won't go for extensively modded car like that la, but that's the difficult thing to find for such cars. Anyway still a long way to go if I were to get any of those.
I think the A45 is the perfect old man car. Comfortable, easy to get in and out. And look young. Ok la later I old d get one.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Full Evo is okay, not Frankenstein one.....hhahahhaha
Yup, as long as still original Evo and as minimal mod as possible, then should still be safe enough.

I think the A45 is the perfect old man car. Comfortable, easy to get in and out. And look young. Ok la later I old d get one.
Actually most people say the A45 is too harsh/stiff, especially for a Merc! I don't think its suitable for old people. Old people more suitable to just drive normal big Mercs. Maybe old people who are still 'itchy' like me then suitable! :lol: I read also that the A45 transmission also got some issues and not suitable for city driving, especially the preFL version.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
For me, the next cars I'll buy would probably be:

1.Daily driver will be a super advanced Level 4 autonomous car (looking at you Volvo). So I don't have to "drive" the thing. Probably a wagon, or an SUV.

In the meantime, stuff like autonomous braking, adaptive cruise control...is just part and parcel of the real autonomous car. Still can't sleep on the wheel. So don't see a point in buying "part" automatic car.

2.Weekend car will be a bare basics car, down to the bone. I really like the Lotus. Else Porsche is the benchmark but I can't afford the maintenance on owning one. Lotus is just a Toyota in English bodywork and chassis, so just normal maintenance like a Toyota Corolla.

Volvo says 2021 for the Level 4 car, so that's 3 years away. Since Malaysia market sure slow, maybe 2023. So while waiting maybe I'll get the weekend car first.
Got one waiting for you already bro! ;)
https://www.mudah.my/Lotus+EXIGE+S+240+GP+CUP+1+8+M+ELISE+S+TOURING-67067099.htm

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Actually most people say the A45 is too harsh/stiff, especially for a Merc! I don't think its suitable for old people. Old people more suitable to just drive normal big Mercs. Maybe old people who are still 'itchy' like me then suitable! :lol: I read also that the A45 transmission also got some issues and not suitable for city driving, especially the preFL version.
Either you're much older than me and lower tolerance or my ass has become so numb I can't tell the difference. I love the A45s ride quality. Don't fancy the car but it feels great to be driven around in. Never got a chance to drive the car though.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Either you're much older than me and lower tolerance or my ass has become so numb I can't tell the difference. I love the A45s ride quality. Don't fancy the car but it feels great to be driven around in. Never got a chance to drive the car though.
I'm pretty sure that I'm much older than you. :) I suspect out of the members here that we've been always chatting with, only VR2 is around my age and older. If I were to get that car, I'd surely downgrade the rims to 18 so I can use slightly thicker tires! :biggrin:

Which version did you get a ride in, the preFL or FL? Coz the FL should have improved a bit, plus improvement on the gearbox and power, so that should be the car to get.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe for the area where it matters the most, you have more meat there.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Don't touch that car with a 10 foot poll. Rumour has it that its a written off car, subsequently repaired and put up for sale. If anybody wants to buy, better do due diligence.

Yup, as long as still original Evo and as minimal mod as possible, then should still be safe enough.

Was it the shit 7 speed transmission? The 9 speed is much better according to reports. I feel A45 is just the right size.. versus the C-Class. Hatch easier to park and manoeuvre.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm pretty sure that I'm much older than you. :) I suspect out of the members here that we've been always chatting with, only VR2 is around my age and older. If I were to get that car, I'd surely downgrade the rims to 18 so I can use slightly thicker tires! :biggrin:

Which version did you get a ride in, the preFL or FL? Coz the FL should have improved a bit, plus improvement on the gearbox and power, so that should be the car to get.
VR2 is in his 50's going to 60. You can't be that old! I can't tell the difference between pre or post FL for the A45. I don't fancy the car hence I don't really bother to look into it.

Maybe for the area where it matters the most, you have more meat there.
Taiko.. compared to you a lot of people have more meat there. Haha! LSM and you are like the thinnest two guys I know

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Don't touch that car with a 10 foot poll. Rumour has it that its a written off car, subsequently repaired and put up for sale. If anybody wants to buy, better do due diligence.

Was it the shit 7 speed transmission? The 9 speed is much better according to reports. I feel A45 is just the right size.. versus the C-Class. Hatch easier to park and manoeuvre.
No wonder it has been on sale for some time at such low price and yet no takers! Got a few other more normal Elise though under 120k nowadays.

Yes the FL one is already better but still 7 speed with shorter ratios.
As for size, yeah it's a nice size but I don't mine the longer CLA45 either. For my small house though, the hatch is perfect. Smaller also means less weight so better.

VR2 is in his 50's going to 60. You can't be that old! I can't tell the difference between pre or post FL for the A45. I don't fancy the car hence I don't really bother to look into it.
Ok I'm approaching 50 fast now. ::biggrin:
The FL has one more turn knob for driving mode setting just under the gear shifter in the middle.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ok I'm approaching 50 fast now. ::biggrin:
The FL has one more turn knob for driving mode setting just under the gear shifter in the middle.
Then you are around Parakey grouping, I am way ahead in the old category.....lol

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Nice topics :biggrin:,

Look forward something SUV.
Missed my chance to grab the New Old Stock of CRV 2.4 (4WD 2016).
Drove 2 new units for several occasion. Its is suited me.
Since it now all gone an replace with new 1.5 turbo model. not to my liking.

Play car: Still keeping the E8MR (10 year already with no exterior mod)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
[QUOTE="parakey, post: 1064715247, member: 133314]...
Hello, young man :shakehands:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha good then if I'm still considered 'young'. :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Spot on, it is a total loss car which was also previously stolen but recovered back. There's a post in LYN from someone who took the bait to only found out after he made a rm3k deposit and cannot claim back.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4617376

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Much as I wished that was so, you must have me confused with someone else. :biggrin:

Hello, young man :shakehands:
Mana LSM? will have him as breakfast...lol
Almost a month out station , kinda lost in the forum.
No time to think what next car to buy :dontknow:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There might be field hockey and ice hockey but, as anybody that has seen both games played, they share as much in common as a bikini and full-body wetsuit. Another more worthy example for these pages might be Formula One and Nascar.

Though the two might not be associated at all, sharing sponsors has made the jump a little less harsh on the knees lately, especially since Juan Pablo Montoya made the leap...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience