What do you think?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i was doing online research bout the tire because thinking to get a new one for my little car. haha! and i found this article. what do you guys think? agree or not? :)
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=31
That advice is applicable to only 4-season countries.

In Msia you just need to consider :

1. 2 or 4 need changing? Got the budget? Change 4. No budget? Change 2 and put the new tyres at the back (assuming you drive a FWD)
2. Budget? There's a few ranges of tyre and each range gets progressively more expensive.
3. Brand and purpose? Michelin, Good Year, etc
4. Buy from where is the cheapest?

ahmad_t

Jun 27, 2014
Selangor
:beerglass:

Good effort.
But at the end of the day, it depends on the taukey if he has the tires u want.

In my case he usually don't. Then he'll try to sell me something he 'highly recommends' for which i usually agree in the end.

So much for research..

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
got my atr sport 2 215/45/17 for rm200 only each

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
got my atr sport 2 215/45/17 for rm200 only each
Cheap, cheap......:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

1. 2 or 4 need changing? Got the budget? Change 4. No budget? Change 2 and put the new tyres at the back (assuming you drive a FWD)
2. Budget? There's a few ranges of tyre and each range gets progressively more expensive.
Add to point 1. If new car and have normal spare tyre, can change one and match the spare to be used. Keep one of the best worn tyres as spare.
If got friend with same car and same spare tyre, maybe can buy up his spare and use.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Bro, WHERE!?
But not for you lah! Maybe 123S......:driver::driver:

thunder77

Nov 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think this article is a good sharing for beginners who want to know more about their car tyre, thaks for sharing. The info is useful, I gain better understanding now.

catwang90

Banned
Aug 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
no need to do research la, anything can ask our tyre sifu Vr2turbo
i knew he had always been here... :rofl:

i want to change 4...normally for daily driving but maybe little above that...any recommendation bro?
:beerglass:

Good effort.
But at the end of the day, it depends on the taukey if he has the tires u want.

In my case he usually don't. Then he'll try to sell me something he 'highly recommends' for which i usually agree in the end.

So much for research..
of cz I will not go for his "highly recommendation" act smart la XDD

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i want to change 4...normally for daily driving but maybe little above that...any recommendation bro?
What size la? 17" and above got more choices.

15" got a few also.

14" got pathetic few.

And then there's specific widths and ratios. 195/55/15? you need to give more info for sifu vr2turbo to recommend

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What size la? 17" and above got more choices.

15" got a few also.

14" got pathetic few.

And then there's specific widths and ratios. 195/55/15? you need to give more info for sifu vr2turbo to recommend
All important size?:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus,
any idea if i could DIY a timer for the air-cond fan to spin after i turn off the engine?
my idea was to cool down the engine/engine bay with just only the air-cond fan... means like after u turn off ur engine, of course la the engine compartment will be hot, so if there's such thing as a timer to make ur fan to spin and blow air into ur engine compartment to cool down ur system? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience