What Car Should I Buy

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
maybe during the test drive....the kepish, kepish scared the HM....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahaha, pecah rahsia edi.

Shouldn't have done that.
If want to kepish, kepish.......sign the purchasing document 1st....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ask bro. 6UE5t, that is exactly the car he wanted and HM turn it down.....Hahahhahahhaha:rofl:
What she said leh? Or she know its an evo? Lol
maybe during the test drive....the kepish, kepish scared the HM....
Whahaha, how come suddenly I become a hot topic here? :biggrin:

Ok first how she got to know about Evo, coz I've been playing Gran Turismo a lot with my boys and we used Evo a lot! So she noticed already when me & my boys talking about it during playing.

Second, initially she's not too defensive on it until she knows the price of it (Evo IX in this case). We went to see one at the time in very good condition and she's almost hooked when looking from the outside. Then she asked what year is it and how much. So we said it's 2005/2006 and asking 150k and she said "What!?? That old already but still so expensive!!??" Then went to look inside and as you know it looks so spartan and the front seats are a bit difficult to get in due to the high bolster, right? The car didn't even have an audio/HU as well that time. Started the engine then the loud sound from the HKS exhaust just gave the final nail in the coffin! :banghead:

So there you go! End up compromise to buy a 2008 Mark X instead.

Anyway have you guys taken this quiz below? Based on this, I actually should be driving a Ferrari 458 instead! :biggrin:
What car should you really drive?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Bro 6UE5t,

Try introduce Grand Turismo to your wife and let her play racing with Evo car. She might get hooked and OK with the purchase....
I am just concern that when you really bought the EVO, she would be driving the car all the time.....:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Whahaha, how come suddenly I become a hot topic here? :biggrin:

Ok first how she got to know about Evo, coz I've been playing Gran Turismo a lot with my boys and we used Evo a lot! So she noticed already when me & my boys talking about it during playing.

Second, initially she's not too defensive on it until she knows the price of it (Evo IX in this case). We went to see one at the time in very good condition and she's almost hooked when looking from the outside. Then she asked what year is it and how much. So we said it's 2005/2006 and asking 150k and she said "What!?? That old already but still so expensive!!??" Then went to look inside and as you know it looks so spartan and the front seats are a bit difficult to get in due to the high bolster, right? The car didn't even have an audio/HU as well that time. Started the engine then the loud sound from the HKS exhaust just gave the final nail in the coffin! :banghead:

So there you go! End up compromise to buy a 2008 Mark X instead.

Anyway have you guys taken this quiz below? Based on this, I actually should be driving a Ferrari 458 instead! :biggrin:
Evo cannot get to buy, Felalli will be worse......hahhahhahahaha
Oh! Mine is Ford Mustang Shelby woh!.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Bro 6UE5t,

Try introduce Grand Turismo to your wife and let her play racing with Evo car. She might get hooked and OK with the purchase....
I am just concern that when you really bought the EVO, she would be driving the car all the time.....:biggrin:
haha, yah! she get hook, he still no chance to drive it.....:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Damnnnnson, you said everything I wanted to say :biggrin:

But the sad reality is I bought a car out of practicality, I needed space and a boot big enough to store 3-4 dead bodies. I refused to buy the Alza because it was crap (for me) and for the same money I could get a used Sylphy. Just the other day I bought something at Ikea that I almost couldn't fit in my Sylphy which would probably fit in the Alza without passengers. But the main point is I managed to get it to fit and probably won't ever need to buy something that big again so Sylphy > Alza.

But I'm digressing and I'm trying to convince myself I bought the right car.
LOL. Well, with the same amount of money, the other car in its class is the Inspira. Or an older Altis (ew). So can't say you did bad, since the NVH is terrible in the Inspira/Lancer. (There, feel better?)

But man that new Sylphy is nice, and with the amount of kit (6 airbags), its amazing really. And don't get me started on the Nissan Teana L33, that's just a Nissan Altima, fuish! I love that ass. Still wondering why Nissan not doing well in Malaysia, must be the stigma of it being an uncle's car.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro 6UE5t,

Evo cannot get to buy, Felalli will be worse......hahhahhahahaha
Oh! Mine is Ford Mustang Shelby woh!.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

haha, yah! she get hook, he still no chance to drive it.....:biggrin:
Hahaha, she only wants to drive auto! That's also another deal breaker for her, car so expensive, so spartan, getting old, and manual some more, plus only just another Japanese brand in her mind, not like Mercs or BMW! :banghead: So there's no way she'll be interested at all to drive Evo which is different case with Mark X which she'd like to drive too.

Shelby Mustang? That's cool bro! :driver:
Well Evo at least I can still buy, Ferrari is just really a fantasy! :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wahahaha.. I got the 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

LOL. Well, with the same amount of money, the other car in its class is the Inspira. Or an older Altis (ew). So can't say you did bad, since the NVH is terrible in the Inspira/Lancer. (There, feel better?)

But man that new Sylphy is nice, and with the amount of kit (6 airbags), its amazing really. And don't get me started on the Nissan Teana L33, that's just a Nissan Altima, fuish! I love that ass. Still wondering why Nissan not doing well in Malaysia, must be the stigma of it being an uncle's car.
Yeah I do feel better thanks. HAHAHAHA and yes, it's the stigma that killed Nissan here.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Agree that japanese and korean have such mindset. I would agree with them if their own country's product is superior, just like those JDM stuff that only available to Jap. They have all the reasons to be proud becoz of good products...

but Malaysians supporting the local made car based on their quality?
I am of the opinion that even an early 1990s JDM car has better built quality than a year 2010 Malaysia made car...
Just saying....
If current proton, the only one I would buy is only the R3 Satria Neo/Clubsport.
(Not the bodykitted only model) 145PS one.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If buying a car thinking of reselling it later, then they haven't found the right car...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

If buying a car thinking of reselling it later, then they haven't found the right car...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

That is call Daily Car as well hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,
I'm new around here.

Well..I would like to know, is it worth it if I install/convert my Wira to a Lancer GSR machine?

Do anyone here know the market price for the half cut?

Regards.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience