What are you driving now?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The lower arm is that unreliable?

Oh, that one. Early V6 before alfa facelift.

WRX STI is a real sports/performance car, sure need to expect a higher maintenance cost. :biggrin: Another 2.0 high speed cruiser/acceptable comfort car that I can think of would be SV4 Accord. Selling almost at similar price with Perdana. Came with double wishbone suspension on all four sides.
not that its unreliable, i bought lower arm set which the rubber/bush is expected to last 1 year+ only :rofl:.

Whole set cost around rm4xx-5xx..:driver:

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
20 Valve 4A-GE is powerful enough. :biggrin:

You are based in Ipoh? Haven't actually seen this A30 yet. Will take notice and greet you if I saw you around next time. :biggrin:
4AGE low end is quite weak i would say. Yea ipoh mali but working in kl. I saw few of your posts asking which car is good. Have you figure that out already?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
So weekend now have to come out more often to look out for the A30.....:driver::rofl:
I go out quite often in Ipoh. :biggrin: Ipoh is a small place with few modded cars going around.

good question, some robotic failure project from Renault where they sell the engine to proton.
if I not wrong, savvy is using first or 2nd version of Renault clio engine?

the handling on this little car is great. much much better than my perdana
highest top speed is 170km, 1 full tank can get me around 450km - 500km depending on my leg?
https://paultan.org/2005/11/16/proton-savvy-automated-manual-transmission/

Found some info. Seems like it is real semi-auto transmission with clutch, not torque converter.

Good handling is probably due to lighter weight? Your Perdana is heavier but when it comes to rear suspension, I think Perdana will have the advantage.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
not that its unreliable, i bought lower arm set which the rubber/bush is expected to last 1 year+ only :rofl:.

Whole set cost around rm4xx-5xx..:driver:
Maybe because of the stress caused from your 4G63T?

4AGE low end is quite weak i would say. Yea ipoh mali but working in kl. I saw few of your posts asking which car is good. Have you figure that out already?
Seems like these high revving engines like 4A-GE, 4G92 MIVEC, B16A/B16B all suffer from weak low end. But how weak is weak? Are they even weaker than engines like 4G15, 4A-FE on low end?

Oh, so you are staying in KL. Probably that is why I did not notice your A31.

Is it the post about converted car chassis vs performance chassis?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
We here to admire the ride u guys have. The bitter sweet story behind it.
Not to see who got bigger horsie. No offense.
Pls participate freely. Volunteer, no force.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Maybe because of the stress caused from your 4G63T?

Seems like these high revving engines like 4A-GE, 4G92 MIVEC, B16A/B16B all suffer from weak low end. But how weak is weak? Are they even weaker than engines like 4G15, 4A-FE on low end?

Oh, so you are staying in KL. Probably that is why I did not notice your A31.

Is it the post about converted car chassis vs performance chassis?
I would say engines like 4G15,4AFE,GA16 will have better low end torque for daily drive, it's only when you get to the high rpm range these engines will be choking for breath and engines above will be still pulling

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
We here to admire the ride u guys have. The bitter sweet story behind it.
Not to see who got bigger horsie. No offense.
Pls participate freely. Volunteer, no force.
Hahahaha, well said indeed.

Even my standard slow car also I posted here.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I have a friend who owned E46 and the leather on his seats are cracking. His car is 13 years old.

I suppose this kind of leather is not designed for our kind of climate. Now, if they can't even withstand Malaysian weather much, imagine how are those rich car owners dealing with their cars in Middle East area. To be honest, I don't think those place are suitable for any car considering the hot and dusty environment that they have. The engine will definitely get dirty very quickly.

It has been a while since I last saw you here. :biggrin:

Your Waja 1.8 with Renault engine gives a better FC than your BLM Saga? Your Saga is 1.3 or 1.6? If that is the case, I think your Saga's engine is really quite inefficient.
the waja renault return 14km/, 1.3 campro is 11km/l

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I would say engines like 4G15,4AFE,GA16 will have better low end torque for daily drive, it's only when you get to the high rpm range these engines will be choking for breath and engines above will be still pulling
Agreed. I drive an EK Civic with B16A. I would certainly lose to a 1.5 Myvi in a traffic light drag unless I go above 5000rpm, haha..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Agreed. I drive an EK Civic with B16A. I would certainly lose to a 1.5 Myvi in a traffic light drag unless I go above 5000rpm, haha..
Is Myvi 1.5 that powerful?

Few days ago, I saw a drag video between Vios manual and Wira 4G15 manual. Vios totally can't take lead even when the 1NZ-FE had 17hp more than 4G15. :confused::confused::confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any idea of avoiding scratches during car wash. i mean wash on our own la. i had bad experience sending car was be it in service centre or road site car wash.

but even when i wash it on my own, it still cause some fine scratches, especially both my cars are black. so irritating!!!! and now my 1 month old C200 started looks 'ugly' for me....:Not_Impressed:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience