What are you driving now?

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Very eye catching colour. :biggrin:

Manual or auto?

Seems more powerful than your CRV. Or is the turbo CRV more powerful?
No idea haha. Feel's like the crv with bot gets the lead on acceleration but i never timed 0-100 before so can't really say much. Both have pros and cons. Harrier is definitely a much more comfortable ride lol. Getting old liao so getting a comfort ride has risen to the top of my list haha.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
IMAG0035.jpg
Good ol EX5 (engine made in japan) pass by my late father. No pasar malam parking. Meter reset dy.
Wira standard gaban jaa...

IMAG0032.jpg
Another ride good old sentra. Give me a LOTS of headache, convert by my brother to auto, engine swap then sold to me later. I will shoot that mechanics who do the conversion.

Since get my license, 1st ride EX5, 2nd ride sentra, 3rd Wira.
All free ride, as long it dont snap into half. I will take care of them. :love:
Got up and down. Just repair lohhh...:driver:

Nothing special with new car x-gear. I pay, wife drive. :hmmmm:

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
fake brembo, only using the brake caliper.
anyway it came off 1 fine day, no more now

manual.. this car cannot buy auto
The AMT auto seems to give a lot of problems from what I heard.

No idea haha. Feel's like the crv with bot gets the lead on acceleration but i never timed 0-100 before so can't really say much. Both have pros and cons. Harrier is definitely a much more comfortable ride lol. Getting old liao so getting a comfort ride has risen to the top of my list haha.
Well, from your driving experience, which one do you feel more responsive?

View attachment 563361
Good ol EX5 (engine made in japan) pass by my late father. No pasar malam parking. Meter reset dy.
Wira standard gaban jaa...

View attachment 563362
Another ride good old sentra. Give me a LOTS of headache, convert by my brother to auto, engine swap then sold to me later. I will shoot that mechanics who do the conversion.

Since get my license, 1st ride EX5, 2nd ride sentra, 3rd Wira.
All free ride, as long it dont snap into half. I will take care of them. :love:
Got up and down. Just repair lohhh...:driver:

Nothing special with new car x-gear. I pay, wife drive. :hmmmm:
I see RP01 wheels and exposed intercooler. Also spotted aerocatch hood lock in your Wira.

Convert back the Sentra to manual. :biggrin: I don't understand why your brother want to convert old car into auto.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
fake brembo, only using the brake caliper.
anyway it came off 1 fine day, no more now

manual.. this car cannot buy auto
amt savvy... korek kubur tu.... have a friend who has/had a savvy amt (i think its still sitting somewhere). AMT failed, so now its either abandoned in a kampung or already pieced out as scrap. Cant even sell the car cause it cant move.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
The AMT auto seems to give a lot of problems from what I heard.

Well, from your driving experience, which one do you feel more responsive?

I see RP01 wheels and exposed intercooler. Also spotted aerocatch hood lock in your Wira.

Convert back the Sentra to manual. :biggrin: I don't understand why your brother want to convert old car into auto.
Wahh...u see those aerocatch latch ? Diy, no turning back if wrong. Actually is wrongly position, should turn the other way. Arghhh...
Rpo1 chicken brand lahhh...lol

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
amt savvy... korek kubur tu.... have a friend who has/had a savvy amt (i think its still sitting somewhere). AMT failed, so now its either abandoned in a kampung or already pieced out as scrap. Cant even sell the car cause it cant move.
That AMT is actually really semi-auto/manual gearbox with automated clutch or just torque converter?

Wahh...u see those aerocatch latch ? Diy, no turning back if wrong. Actually is wrongly position, should turn the other way. Arghhh...
Rpo1 chicken brand lahhh...lol
Cannot turn it back to correct position?

I noticed the RP01 is not ori Enkei. No Enkei logo at the centre hub. :biggrin: But I noticed the Pilot Sport 3.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My car.

What is the machine that you are driving? Lets have a topic about
  • What car do you drive
Just a regular family sedan

• Stories of your car
What stories? Nothing interesting actually.

• What do you like and dislike about it
What I like:
- the exterior look which is quite distinctive and got many skirting types to make it look not so uncle-ish.
- very reliable
- good FC
- RWD

What I don't like:
- sluggish automatic
- shitty original brakes
- cracking dashboard
- steering feel too light
- not fast enough

If it is possible, do post some photos of your car (please censor the plate number for security reasons) if you are okay with it.

Too shy to put photos lah :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Put photo lah....
Got read an old post, u upgrade brake. Bro 6ue5t
I've actually posted a photo before somewhere in this forum, just forgot where. Nothing special la.

You mean mods? Yeah upgraded the brakes to Aristo 4 pot & disc, Project Mu pads, Pro-RS stainless braided hose, Bendix dot 5.1, coz the std brakes are crap. Others just 17' Prodrive staggered rims w/ CSC5/3 tires now, TRD dampers w/ Tanabe NF springs, HKS VAC speed cut removal module, Shadow throttle controller, some UR bars, cheapo locally made twin loop mufflers and removed middle cat, Kenwood HU & front component set, some cheapo MBQ underseat subs (2), alarms & immobilizer from Viper & Clifford. That's all I guess, nothing much. Wanted to supercharge it but tak jadi.

You din't specify your car model although I know is GRX120. :biggrin:

Crack dashboard? Quality is that bad? Considering your car is an executive car and is even newer than mine.
Yeah, that's one of the main weakness of this car and also a few other Japan imported Toyota cars including its high-end sibling the Lexus IS250. The leather cannot withstand this tropical heat hence might crack if often park outside. Can re-wrap though, costing about rm900-1k, many have done so.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeah, that's one of the main weakness of this car and also a few other Japan imported Toyota cars including its high-end sibling the Lexus IS250. The leather cannot withstand this tropical heat hence might crack if often park outside. Can re-wrap though, costing about rm900-1k, many have done so.
This is unexpected considering how quality obsessed the Japanese can be. I hope the newer models do not suffer from this kind of problem.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This is unexpected considering how quality obsessed the Japanese can be. I hope the newer models do not suffer from this kind of problem.
Well it's not about bad quality but more about mismatch climate. Coz the car is supposed to be only for Japan which doesn't have such high heat and humidity as here. Same like BMW E46 which may have their leather/interior color peeling off in tropical countries . I suppose if you don't often park outside and often carefully apply leather care oil to the dashboard then might still be ok. Yeah it seems newer GRX130 might be better already, or maybe not yet happening coz still relatively younger cars.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i want to diy wiring of amplifier,but dunno how to remover the board...and want to change the steering but cant find any skru to dismantle...pls help me..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience