What are you driving now?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
There they are....
1.2002 Waja 1.8x.My dad pencen already and obses with the Pajero rite now so i decided to keep this one.4-5 years with me.Not in perfect condition as you can see in the pic.Trying to solve knocking sound which is probably the lower arm.
What i like
-low end torque
-ride and handling
-leather quality
-dpo fuzzy logic gearbox
-fuel consumption(beats my blm everytime)

what i dont like;
-getting older and older

2.2008 blm M-line auto.Now i rarely drives this even though it is 100%mine.Its in top notch condition with nothing broken.
Nothing special abt it...just change the head unit,speakers,seat covers,front upper ur bar amd rear ur arb,drop in air filter.
What i like abt it;
-simple to work on
-cheap to maintain

What i dont like
-so-so fuel consumption
-not enough ooomph...blame it on the gearbox.

3.1999 Honda EX5...japan model.super reliable and best fc..hahaha
this is my daily ride.easy to reach work and park.

Attachments

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Yup, old EX5 very robust. Very reliable. Mine 1990 model. Once only CDI kaput. It wont start mean wont start. lol..
I always stress to young rider, don throw the chain cover !!! look no show, but save you money.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well it's not about bad quality but more about mismatch climate. Coz the car is supposed to be only for Japan which doesn't have such high heat and humidity as here. Same like BMW E46 which may have their leather/interior color peeling off in tropical countries . I suppose if you don't often park outside and often carefully apply leather care oil to the dashboard then might still be ok. Yeah it seems newer GRX130 might be better already, or maybe not yet happening coz still relatively younger cars.
I have a friend who owned E46 and the leather on his seats are cracking. His car is 13 years old.

I suppose this kind of leather is not designed for our kind of climate. Now, if they can't even withstand Malaysian weather much, imagine how are those rich car owners dealing with their cars in Middle East area. To be honest, I don't think those place are suitable for any car considering the hot and dusty environment that they have. The engine will definitely get dirty very quickly.

There they are....
1.2002 Waja 1.8x.My dad pencen already and obses with the Pajero rite now so i decided to keep this one.4-5 years with me.Not in perfect condition as you can see in the pic.Trying to solve knocking sound which is probably the lower arm.
What i like
-low end torque
-ride and handling
-leather quality
-dpo fuzzy logic gearbox
-fuel consumption(beats my blm everytime)

what i dont like;
-getting older and older

2.2008 blm M-line auto.Now i rarely drives this even though it is 100%mine.Its in top notch condition with nothing broken.
Nothing special abt it...just change the head unit,speakers,seat covers,front upper ur bar amd rear ur arb,drop in air filter.
What i like abt it;
-simple to work on
-cheap to maintain

What i dont like
-so-so fuel consumption
-not enough ooomph...blame it on the gearbox.

3.1999 Honda EX5...japan model.super reliable and best fc..hahaha
this is my daily ride.easy to reach work and park.
It has been a while since I last saw you here. :biggrin:

Your Waja 1.8 with Renault engine gives a better FC than your BLM Saga? Your Saga is 1.3 or 1.6? If that is the case, I think your Saga's engine is really quite inefficient.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have a friend who owned E46 and the leather on his seats are cracking. His car is 13 years old.

I suppose this kind of leather is not designed for our kind of climate. Now, if they can't even withstand Malaysian weather much, imagine how are those rich car owners dealing with their cars in Middle East area. To be honest, I don't think those place are suitable for any car considering the hot and dusty environment that they have. The engine will definitely get dirty very quickly.
Well if the car is intended to be shipped to the middle east from the factory, then of course I think the manufacturers would already change the materials to more suitable ones for the climate. Remember those rich super/hyper car owners often do custom orders for their cars hence surely the manufacturers should already considers the area where the cars will be used in the first place. It's not like Mark X or E46 which are just common cars made for ordinary people. In my case, it's not supposed to be sold here in the first place too. Anyway for those rich people, they'd just send their cars for detailing frequently to the best detailers in the business, nothing cannot be solved with lots of money I suppose. I watch a video in youtube of a black F458 owner in the US, who never put that car indoor and always gets water sprinkled by his garden sprinkler. The owner simply call a top detailer to regularly come every week to clean and detail his car, that's it! Too much money I guess. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well if the car is intended to be shipped to the middle east from the factory, then of course I think the manufacturers would already change the materials to more suitable ones for the climate. Remember those rich super/hyper car owners often do custom orders for their cars hence surely the manufacturers should already considers the area where the cars will be used in the first place. It's not like Mark X or E46 which are just common cars made for ordinary people. In my case, it's not supposed to be sold here in the first place too. Anyway for those rich people, they'd just send their cars for detailing frequently to the best detailers in the business, nothing cannot be solved with lots of money I suppose. I watch a video in youtube of a black F458 owner in the US, who never put that car indoor and always gets water sprinkled by his garden sprinkler. The owner simply call a top detailer to regularly come every week to clean and detail his car, that's it! Too much money I guess. :biggrin:
Maybe the external bits can be solved if they are designed for the kind of climate in Middle East. But I think when it comes to mechanical bits like the engine, they probably won't last so long in those places.

Detailing can really help against the effects from weather and climate?

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
Ex daily ride. Even though is not very powerful but the addition of high rev 20v is outstanding. Hari hari rev also takrak pening kepala.

Current weekend car. Power churning out from Rb20 is so lovely and smooth. First time owning a FR car and I would say the handling is so raw because everything is mechanical based. Require some skill when comes to cornering and I'm still learning it.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe the external bits can be solved if they are designed for the kind of climate in Middle East. But I think when it comes to mechanical bits like the engine, they probably won't last so long in those places.

Detailing can really help against the effects from weather and climate?
Well maybe should use engine oils more suitable for that climate, and better air filters to fight the dust. Cars even in hotter conditions but if not much traffic jams then still ok I think. The more detrimental is the traffic jams like in Jakarta, hence the engines are just idling without as much airflow as if the car is moving normally, then very often need to push the car from stop and not steady engine rhythm (gas up to move just half a meter or so then stop, then again like that continuously). That's why cars in Jakarta in general feel more 'tired' and have more things broken compared to here in KL. Cars here even with much higher mileage in general are still in better conditions.

Well if during detailing they apply expensive leather care stuff, maybe that would help to protect and prevent the leather from cracking up. Just like my leather sofa at home, now already got cracks coz I'm lazy to oil them.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Ex daily ride. Even though is not very powerful but the addition of high rev 20v is outstanding. Hari hari rev also takrak pening kepala.

Current weekend car. Power churning out from Rb20 is so lovely and smooth. First time owning a FR car and I would say the handling is so raw because everything is mechanical based. Require some skill when comes to cornering and I'm still learning it.

cant see the picture, bro.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Been start driving perdana v6 (1st v6 gen reg 2001) since my diploma years until now. Car was under gov official for about 9 years then long story short, i've got it. Since i was going back and forth PG > KL quite often, I've made some enhancement to the car from bone stock until now, with finale by plonk in 4g63t. sway bar,bigger rim, better tyre, etc. I only upgrade which benefit the performance."Sleeper" theme. Now cat/paint like dandruff due to clear coat peeling off. Once done upgrade, will call it a day by repaint it.

What i like about this perdana is interior not plasticy, can handle high speed cruise , can bully big car and affordable to maintain and dd. The only matter that bugs me is its fwd. Still learning and find a way to improve its touge handling.

Attachments

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

20 Valve 4A-GE is powerful enough. :biggrin:

You are based in Ipoh? Haven't actually seen this A30 yet. Will take notice and greet you if I saw you around next time. :biggrin:

Well maybe should use engine oils more suitable for that climate, and better air filters to fight the dust. Cars even in hotter conditions but if not much traffic jams then still ok I think. The more detrimental is the traffic jams like in Jakarta, hence the engines are just idling without as much airflow as if the car is moving normally, then very often need to push the car from stop and not steady engine rhythm (gas up to move just half a meter or so then stop, then again like that continuously). That's why cars in Jakarta in general feel more 'tired' and have more things broken compared to here in KL. Cars here even with much higher mileage in general are still in better conditions.

Well if during detailing they apply expensive leather care stuff, maybe that would help to protect and prevent the leather from cracking up. Just like my leather sofa at home, now already got cracks coz I'm lazy to oil them.
From your description, cars in Jakarta may not be putting up a high mileage but their engines are left running at idle due to heavy traffic jam conditions.

Been start driving perdana v6 (1st v6 gen reg 2001) since my diploma years until now. Car was under gov official for about 9 years then long story short, i've got it. Since i was going back and forth PG > KL quite often, I've made some enhancement to the car from bone stock until now, with finale by plonk in 4g63t. sway bar,bigger rim, better tyre, etc. I only upgrade which benefit the performance."Sleeper" theme. Now cat/paint like dandruff due to clear coat peeling off. Once done upgrade, will call it a day by repaint it.

What i like about this perdana is interior not plasticy, can handle high speed cruise , can bully big car and affordable to maintain and dd. The only matter that bugs me is its fwd. Still learning and find a way to improve its touge handling.
Perdana is affordable to maintain? Normally people said that it is expensive. But the definition of affordable varies among people. :biggrin:

Your Perdana is using the old SEI bumper? Lower part of your front bumper looks quite scratched.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Perdana is affordable to maintain? Normally people said that it is expensive. But the definition of affordable varies among people. :biggrin:

Your Perdana is using the old SEI bumper? Lower part of your front bumper looks quite scratched.
Besides routine service, what else for perdana? as for me every 1.5 years sure new lower arm front, no more gbox issue, others is wear and tear. Those who complain prolong their issue, hence chain reaction. :biggrin:

using first model v6 bumper. slightly differ than sei version iinm. Yup scratched, car has not been repaint past 9 years. stone chip, "sagat" due to soft suspension on oem setup . hahaha.

Btw, for 2.0, high speed cruiser/ acceptable comfort car, the price to maintain quite cheap. WRX sti is expensive than perdana for breakdown repairs.:adore:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Besides routine service, what else for perdana? as for me every 1.5 years sure new lower arm front, no more gbox issue, others is wear and tear. Those who complain prolong their issue, hence chain reaction. :biggrin:

using first model v6 bumper. slightly differ than sei version iinm. Yup scratched, car has not been repaint past 9 years. stone chip, "sagat" due to soft suspension on oem setup . hahaha.

Btw, for 2.0, high speed cruiser/ acceptable comfort car, the price to maintain quite cheap. WRX sti is expensive than perdana for breakdown repairs.:adore:
The lower arm is that unreliable?

Oh, that one. Early V6 before alfa facelift.

WRX STI is a real sports/performance car, sure need to expect a higher maintenance cost. :biggrin: Another 2.0 high speed cruiser/acceptable comfort car that I can think of would be SV4 Accord. Selling almost at similar price with Perdana. Came with double wishbone suspension on all four sides.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
That AMT is actually really semi-auto/manual gearbox with automated clutch or just torque converter?
good question, some robotic failure project from Renault where they sell the engine to proton.
if I not wrong, savvy is using first or 2nd version of Renault clio engine?

the handling on this little car is great. much much better than my perdana
highest top speed is 170km, 1 full tank can get me around 450km - 500km depending on my leg?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all:

Please DO NOT Post if you have nothing to say.

Due to the increasing number of useless* threads/posts/replies, It has caused much uncalled-for frustration.

This drastically stunts the growth of Zerotohundred.com as well as it reflects the maturity level of people in this part of the world.

*Useless

-Uncalled for posts/threads
-Immature posts/threads
-Non-beneficial posts/threads
-Off-topic posts
-Posts/Threads without much thought
+More will be added without prior...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience