Weird Sound when mivec engages - Help needed

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello everyone, I'm using 4G92 Mivec Generation 2 CJ4A in my Mitsubishi Lancer 2005 Model. I'm having a problem, which is when my mivec engages I hear a tuk tuk sound as if something is getting banged inside the engine head. This sound is not of Detonation or knocking, at first my mechanic thought it's faulty rockers and lashers. I bought brand new and changed them including the oil pump, there are no dents in oil pan. But the thing is when I start my car and it's cold and the first mivec engage is normal no sound but after that the problem arises. It's just when my car is on nominal temperature it happens. What I noticed is I have a mivec light in my car speedometer, when the sound of tuk tuk comes during engagement of mivec I noticed the light gets dimmed a bit is this due to faulty low voltage ? Further test was carried out by removing the wire from solenoid and there was no sound of tuk tuk, till where I could rev. I urgently need help how to diagnose this problem. Please help me.

Thank You

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just bought an evo 3 throttle body. The seller said that it would fit into wira 1.6 and same goes to Perdana sei.

Perdana sei is my car. Currently im using jasma 72mm throttle body which in the end have its sensor broken and i tried installing evo 3 throttle body but the timing/rpm went bursting everytime i start the car, and i'll quickly turn off the engine. And now i've cabut it back.

so... CAN REALLY EVO 3 TROTTLE BODY FITS PERDANA SEI STANDARD ENGINE?

if can, do i need some...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience