Waxing my friend's Honda City

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All! Its almost chinese new year and many of us would like ourselves and our cars to look good. So my friend asked if I can wax his car, so I accepted it.

But first I have to apologize that I'm not a detailer - im just an ordinary dude who washes and wax my own car, with an ROB. And sadly, I dont exactly did the before and after for each section of the car..still noob haha. Btw, here are the pics

Stain from another car. Managed to remove this but unfortunately i did not take the pic

Rims... brake dust and dirt and tar

Not bad from afar

Door handle...as usual, some random scratches. In photo its not so visible, but in real...omg

Very visible scratch on the side mirror. But luckily it is not very deep, succesfully removed but again, no picture >.<!!!!

Bird shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !!!!

This was picked up from the roof

Finished product =)

Scratches removed and lightened.

Some reflectionsssss

Clean rims ^^

Hood reflection

Time spent: From 10.00am to 4pm. Lunch at 1pm, had KFC :rofl:
Tired, but satisfied. Thanks for viewing :itsme:

And erm...its not really waxing...i used sealant instead of wax for longer protection. Sorry for the title haha

Last edited:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
So...how does it feel? Ready for more.....hahaha....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No worries brother, every one have their own standard. By the way, you did not mention what was used....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
No worries brother, every one have their own standard. By the way, you did not mention what was used....
Yes I did mention that! I used KFC as my bio fuel :rofl:

Ok sorry I missed that. I used on the shelf products only...listed below:

1. Wash - Polyglaze wash and wax + water
2. TurtleWax Bug and Tar Remover
3. Clay - Permaglass No.2 + diluted polyglaze car shampoo
4. Polish - TurtleWax Scratch Remover (the one you reviewed) + TurtleWax Scratch and Swirl Remover
5. Sealant - Permaglass Polymer Sealant
6. Headlamp Sealant - FormalHero Silicon Sealant
7. Rim cleaning - KIT degreaser + water + car shampoo
8. Tools - Hand, MF mitt, MF cloths, B&D ROB
9. Energy - KFC Snack Plate, Lunch treats at RM9.45

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes I did mention that! I used KFC as my bio fuel :rofl:

Ok sorry I missed that. I used on the shelf products only...listed below:

1. Wash - Polyglaze wash and wax + water
2. TurtleWax Bug and Tar Remover
3. Clay - Permaglass No.2 + diluted polyglaze car shampoo
4. Polish - TurtleWax Scratch Remover (the one you reviewed) + TurtleWax Scratch and Swirl Remover
5. Sealant - Permaglass Polymer Sealant
6. Headlamp Sealant - FormalHero Silicon Sealant
7. Rim cleaning - KIT degreaser + water + car shampoo
8. Tools - Hand, MF mitt, MF cloths, B&D ROB
9. Energy - KFC Snack Plate, Lunch treats at RM9.45
Product wise use what is comfortable to you. You find it good just use. Clay, I also use PG ones only, but B&D ROB, the one that uses the cloth bonnet, then time to upgrade to BOSCH ROB using those foam pads....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Product wise use what is comfortable to you. You find it good just use. Clay, I also use PG ones only, but B&D ROB, the one that uses the cloth bonnet, then time to upgrade to BOSCH ROB using those foam pads....
Yes I want to change it too..changing the bonnet is troublesome and it doesn't has variable speed. And the choices of pads are limited. For normal waxing...ok lar at least better than using hands haha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes I want to change it too..changing the bonnet is troublesome and it doesn't has variable speed. And the choices of pads are limited. For normal waxing...ok lar at least better than using hands haha
I used to use one something like that, then after was introduced to the BOSCH unit, never looked back. Can do so much more with the different pads and products.
One of my friend bought the B&D also, after he saw my demo on the BOSCH, he also left the B&D aside already....
Not only changing the bonnet troublesome, but like you say can use for waxing and buffing only, use for polishing does not work well.....:banghead:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I used to use one something like that, then after was introduced to the BOSCH unit, never looked back. Can do so much more with the different pads and products.
One of my friend bought the B&D also, after he saw my demo on the BOSCH, he also left the B&D aside already....
Not only changing the bonnet troublesome, but like you say can use for waxing and buffing only, use for polishing does not work well.....:banghead:
Yalo...couldn't agree more. Last time noob mah haha don't know much bout it so just bought the B&D. If I see the bosch, I'll sure get i. Coz the bosch rob it is written on the box "random orbital sander" so I thought it is a different kind of equipment only for sanding hahaha :rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yalo...couldn't agree more. Last time noob mah haha don't know much bout it so just bought the B&D. If I see the bosch, I'll sure get i. Coz the bosch rob it is written on the box "random orbital sander" so I thought it is a different kind of equipment only for sanding hahaha :rofl:
That is the thing, next when you upgrade to do sanding, you already have the equipment, just need different back plate and some special sandpaper......:rofl:

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Nice. Shows that you can detail with over the counter brands.

That is the thing, next when you upgrade to do sanding, you already have the equipment, just need different back plate and some special sandpaper......:rofl:
Then repainted panel wet sanding.... The poison just caaant stop:rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Definitely gotta get a Bosch..what pads are u using btw? lake country? any other good brands?

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Definitely gotta get a Bosch..what pads are u using btw? lake country? any other good brands?
Forget the Bosch la....get the grandmother of all rob....get the BIGFOOT...!!!! Muahahaha.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Forget the Bosch la....get the grandmother of all rob....get the BIGFOOT...!!!! Muahahaha.....
Bosch is small and easy to use mah.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Yup, LC pads. Have not tried others...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nice Job, gonna do waxing next :biggrin: Gonna need whole day already this time...:rofl:

What lube did u use for claying bro? I bought a PG clay before too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When one mentions the Toyota 86, the usual suspects of keywords that describe this new rear drive sports coupe will come in the form of “going sideways”, “touge driving” or “great balance”. Those impressions are undeniably true, and the car is truly a sporty baby that has successfully inherited the soul that famed the old AE86. But those are not the only characteristics that made the new 86 as what it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience