Water leak in from firewall in flood

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Guys,

2 days ago I passed a flooded place. The water was about 1 feet. Quite a bitch to drive in. I was lazy to turn back so I though just drive through it slowly. I can say that at some place, the water is quite high. Even splashed up to my alarm buzzer level while I drove through it. I know because water went in the buzzer and it sounded funny for 2 days until it dried up.

The prob is this. After passing the flood place, heck my front carpets are wet. Driver's side only. SOAKED! Quite a lot of water. I thought there might be a hole somewhere at the firewall. Then at night, my friend told me that while driving through flood, should just stick to low gear and do not press clutch. Because pressing clutch will make an opening in the firewall and water will gush in. I want to ask is this true? I mean I know firewall got some hole for cables and pipes. But those are sealed with gum/rubber and it is quite tight. And does pressing the clutch really creates an opening?

I want to know because I want to open up the carpet and check for hole. If it is true that the water came in because I press the clutch, I do not need to go through the trouble of opening the carpets and front lower dashboard. You know larr... It's a damn headache opening that area...

Thank you.... :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

nayone know where toget the copper wire and other stuff?
jalan pasar quite a lot but need to buy in big quantity for cheap..

BTW, anyone know the theory behind this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience