Warning: Car theives at lrt stations

randomuser20280

Apr 15, 2006
to all members of this forum:

i would like to share my experience from today with you..today my proton waja got

stolen at the wangsa maju lrt parking lot (located along the road). it seems the car

thieves broke into my car through the window because there was shattered glass

on the drivers side where my car used to be. i parked the car at about 6.30pm to

take the lrt. when i came back at 11.30pm, the car was gone. i was extremely

shocked and couldnt believe it. at such a busy place. i have made a report at the

wangsa maju police station. i hope my terrible experience will help some people

who take the lrt be more careful when they park there.

regarding this, can anyone please explain how the insurance process works?

normally how long will it take for them to reinsure our losses? my proton waja

was bought around 1998. how much do you think we will be insured? how long

will the process take?

this tragedy truly came at the worst time. my mother has just started working in

klang and now our family has to share one car.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
bad news is.....u also know 1.......car prices drop not long ago and u lost your car at this time.........

stupidbump

Apr 8, 2005
Selangor
audiocraze.ecrater.com
the insurance takes months cos u know lah, PDRM not MESRA CEPAT BETUL one..i lost my motorcycle only in dec n till now i still cant get da letter of confirmation that the motor is stolen..we need to wait for 8 months b4 the polis confrim that da motor or car cannot ne found then only u can claim insurance..n according to the agents..normally they only pay u back 70 to 80% of the buying price..
so in ur case, u can calculate the buying price of ur waja times 80% max loo..
sorry for u too..

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
so in ur case, u can calculate the buying price of ur waja times 80% max loo..
sorry for u too..[/QUOTE]

80% of your insurance current year sum of insured lo.....

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
yeah...usually around 70-80% ur sum insured.
but if they manage to find your waja chasis with engine attached, than u could kiss the insurance claim good bye.
but hoped that the police could find ur car faster before they dissemble it.
Last time my friends GTI claim went on for 3 months, and by the time the insurance company almost pay, they found the car with most of the valuable things stripped....!
but I forgot whether or not the insurance company paid for the repair or not.

randomuser20280

Apr 15, 2006
ya. actually thats what i heard from a friend too. when he lost his car a while back, he bribed the cop into closing the case quickly, as he worried that they will otherwise take their own sweet time (which they did).

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Sorry to hear that dude. It seems it becomes one of the bastards fave place to make a filthy easy money.

My bike was stolen in January and one of my rides was broken into at Salak South LRT station.

Park there no more - I'd rather walk from house and take the feeders during desperate times to use the LRT.
Oh yeah, the insurance claim gonna be quite slow (my case for the bike with AAM autopal) and expect the worse (treatment) when it comes to the guys in blue.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Uik, they have the balls to rob your car at THAT area? One advice to everyone lah : if you're going to take the Wangsa Maju LRT, can also park around the parking lot at the flat across the road, should be a bit safer lah. But then, seems like the best way is to take the feeder bus, or a cab to the LRT station. I pity you bro, really bad timing to lose 2nd car. Expect long hours at the police station and insurance co. I think, maybe they'll pay you back ( minus percentages, maybe get 70 percent from total coverage amount ) according to the CURRENT 2nd hand car prices, looks like you might lose a bit more lah.

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
from wht i know of, insurance will valuate the current car price market value and from ther they will only pay 70-80%, sometimes they might pay 100% too depending on the situation. not from the sum insured or the lastime newly bought over price. sum insured do play a small role too, if u were to insured a proton wira for 100k, ur not expecting them to pay u 70k for a stolen wira rite? to me i think if car is not recovered mebi u can get lets say around 20k+ below 30k i guess. judging frm the year make of ur vehicle. somehow they will see from ur sum insured and market value. and yeah usually claimings take around 8 months upto 1 year, it is becus insurance company needs confirmation from the police that the car cannot be found. frens told me if u dare to bribe those police mebi fastest can take around 4 months to do the claimings. this im not so sure. btw if car recovered during investigation, u can either to choose do claimings for the repair or pay by ur own money, no difference from accident case. no worries. jus see how much u need to do the repairs, and calculate those NCBs u have, isit worth it to do claims or not.
some ppl get to claim 100% b4 i heard of, a mercedes s-class owner, bought the car over for few months den got stolen, claim 100%. anyway sorry to hear bout this.

Last edited:

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
no lar....should be by the sum insured. Insurance would depend on the market value and their forecast of depreciation before letting u insure a car for RM100k. Because it's all stated in black and white that the sum insured is how much.
Even based on sum insured, the pay out for a new car for the first year is usually 100%. But for an old car or a 2nd hand car, it's usually 70-80% of the sum insured. This would apply to total lost case also.
Faster claim, that I can't help. You could basically consult your insurance agent and "try" and ask how? If an agent is close to u, they would usually help fight for the claim faster and mayb more compensation too.

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
eh bro..dun mind me asking...how come ur waja was purchase 1998??

it only came out 2001....

MSDN

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
prototype cannot meh?

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
lol prototype........

maybe he is working for Proton la....internal oganization employee

that was the succeeded prototype......so all the Waja production according to the prototype and then the prototype no more use already ma......so is given to him lo....

haha right right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a journey of no return! once our paint is being ruined by such a devastating scratch, the damages is beyond skin deep
physically (on what can be seen) is just some esthetic damage but the real damages is the owner heart broken

Getting to sleep through is difficult, for once i went through it....on my beloved car....especially in Malaysia..people like to take revenge (saying to themselves "i will teach them a lesson -Scratchhhhhhhhhhh their paints)
as I am blogging at the wee...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience