Want to convert from 4g13 to 4g93na

sunny747

Jul 30, 2008
Hello, greetings from Bangkok. Due to language barrier in this country, i'm seeking some support from the wide english speaker in this fantastic forum.

I own a ecar lancer 1993. It has all the evo style exterior and body kits. looks really nice. But the engine sucks which is just 4g13 and too slow. i'm thinking of converting it to 4g93na which supposed to hold the engine properly in the bay. I also learned that i don't have to change to many parts for this.

however, the local lancer shop (yes they have garage only for lancers here) they quoted me 40,000 baht (1250 us dollar) for the engine and conversion. They said they will import it from Japan and i will be able to drive it in 3 days time. They said they will take care of everything like, gear box, icu and other necessities.

now, i don't know much about engine..i'm not too sure what else shall i be considering while changing the engine?

how do i know they have chosen a good engine for me?
beside gearbox, icu (they said it comes with engine) , fan what else do i have to change?

any inputs would be highly appreciable. I'll put some pics of my car soon. thanks so much guys.

hildagarde

Oct 6, 2008
Hi,

You have to check for wear and tear on the engine like the pistons, engine block, conrods etc.

chaf

Aug 30, 2007
it will be better if u start up the halfcut in front of u...
to check white smoke, weird sound and bla bla bla....
jz my curious, in thailand can go from 1.3 to 1.8 legally...?

good luck in ur project....

amad108..

Known Member
Jul 27, 2004
check the engine mileage at the meter.. n check either got any leaking whatsoever..
- check mileage
- check leaking whatsoever on engine and others like absorber (if included)
- need to change ur radiator to 4g93 model, 4g13 using small radiator one layer, 4g93 use larger radiator and 2 layer type..
- the brake disc also diff in size, caliper too (also need to change, usually come with half-cut if u buy halfcut)
ur engine what model? either DOHC or SOHC?

sunny747

Jul 30, 2008
thanks for the input guys.
@amad108: i'm not sure but i guess my engine is sohc. i have noticed when i turn off my AC, the engine works really fast....do you think after installing 4g93, i won't have this problem?

@chaf: well, we need to change the blue book and insurance. The garage will do it for me. i will just have to sign some papers, that's it. Things are not that difficult here.

what do you guy's mean by halfcut?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Require some advice here; where is the best for money paint job around KL or Selangor, thought of having pearl white on my Skyline V35.
I've seen the next level customz website, these guys quite impressive, have not got the chance to visit the shop in PJ.

What you guys reckon...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience