Waja's engine converting (downgrading) from 1.8 to 1.6?

afterain_mushroom

Feb 6, 2011
Ipoh
Hye.. I'm new here and asked for help and suggestions from the otai2 here..

Is there any problem if we convert (downgrade) the 1.8 engine of proton waja to 1.6 engine? and if possible to do so, how much it will costs? (average installation cost, not included the price of the engine).. I expect recommendations and assistance from the 'otai2' out there.. thank you so much.. :biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
no problem..... but what for u downgrading to 1.6? and what 1.6 engine u put on ? if it is a 4g92 mivec, it considered upgrade not downgrade... XD

afterain_mushroom

Feb 6, 2011
Ipoh
no problem..... but what for u downgrading to 1.6? and what 1.6 engine u put on ? if it is a 4g92 mivec, it considered upgrade not downgrade... XD

Thx for ur info sir.. and 4 ur information, I'm amateur in this engine world.. :biggrin: .. Thus i'm not expecting for some kind of high performance engine such mivec, etc. hehehe.. for now I'm jz looking for original waja 1.6 engine (like 4g18 1.6 engine-correct me if I wrong). and reason for converting is the original engine had ruined and need to be replaced with new engine. And if u don't mind, what is the average cost of the engine installation (not included the price of the engine).. thx in advance.. tq so much.. :biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
inside 2k gua..... ur gearbox still ok right? engine wiring and ecu still ok? if ok just get another 4g93 engine kosong..... and plug in.....

Engine Mitshubishi GDI 4G93 Turbo - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kedah - Mudah.my

gdi for fuel save

Cheapest waja 1.8 renault conversion - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

better get dohc cause more respond, but the pakage is sohc..... however it said include wiring,engine,ecu, and gearbox

waja use terbalik engine..... hard to source on net for the engine.... u can source at halfcut shop.... for me, i would use back 4g93 if got, but if u wan go for normal normal slow and fuel save driving, can go for 4g92 non mivec dohc engine also, my mech even throw aways his

C incai P asang S ahaja punya engine inside his gen2 and put 4g91 1.5L auto for his wife to drive... save fuel, performance consider ok also cause for normal drive....

4G91 Twin Cam Auto - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Sabah - Mudah.my

price for reference.... if u are using 4g93 engine, it is good to have 4g92 or 91 engine cause u can use back ur gear box if u dun plan to buy whole set engine together gearbox...... auto and manual is different story, if u are auto now, use auto gearbox and ecu, if u are manual gearbox now, use manual ecu and gearbox

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

bro, if u are manual, i strongly recommand this,bargain.. u can use back ur 4g93 gearbox if manual

Aftermarket Parts - Used Auto Parts - New OEM Auto Parts - Performance Parts - Racing Parts - JDM Auto parts - Modified Car For Sale - Classifieds - MIVEC 4G92 1.6 for Waja, Gen 2, Persona

afterain_mushroom

Feb 6, 2011
Ipoh
inside 2k gua..... ur gearbox still ok right? engine wiring and ecu still ok? if ok just get another 4g93 engine kosong..... and plug in.....

Engine Mitshubishi GDI 4G93 Turbo - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kedah - Mudah.my

gdi for fuel save

Cheapest waja 1.8 renault conversion - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

better get dohc cause more respond, but the pakage is sohc..... however it said include wiring,engine,ecu, and gearbox

waja use terbalik engine..... hard to source on net for the engine.... u can source at halfcut shop.... for me, i would use back 4g93 if got, but if u wan go for normal normal slow and fuel save driving, can go for 4g92 non mivec dohc engine also, my mech even throw aways his

C incai P asang S ahaja punya engine inside his gen2 and put 4g91 1.5L auto for his wife to drive... save fuel, performance consider ok also cause for normal drive....

4G91 Twin Cam Auto - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Sabah - Mudah.my

price for reference.... if u are using 4g93 engine, it is good to have 4g92 or 91 engine cause u can use back ur gear box if u dun plan to buy whole set engine together gearbox...... auto and manual is different story, if u are auto now, use auto gearbox and ecu, if u are manual gearbox now, use manual ecu and gearbox

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

bro, if u are manual, i strongly recommand this,bargain.. u can use back ur 4g93 gearbox if manual

Aftermarket Parts - Used Auto Parts - New OEM Auto Parts - Performance Parts - Racing Parts - JDM Auto parts - Modified Car For Sale - Classifieds - MIVEC 4G92 1.6 for Waja, Gen 2, Persona
Thank you sir.. You helped me a lot.. and for those links, which one is the best for auto transmission? coz need to find for manual gearbox if want to switch to manual.. Anyway, thx once again for ur suggestions n informations.. tqvm.. :cool:

p/s: CPS = Cincai Pasang Sahaja..? wakakakaka..

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
cps, yes, for me and my mech la... cause here less than 80% high way, city drive drink lots of fuel + many of the cps car easily broken and got problem..... it is based on what we saw by own eyes...... saw last time , gen2 , sudden die off, luckily not on hill climbing ..... persona, kena hit slow at the front bumper by people when slow reverse out from car park, abs sudden kong, wiring got problem somemore, need go find wireman for problem.... etc..etc... u can go search in zth forum, people sharing the bad experience, the sudden die off is one of the cincai pasang common issue, cause C incai P asang S ahaja ,need go back sc for more concentrate pasang by their workers....

where is ur area btw? and how much is ur budget... if me i will go for gdi turbo,since it come in halfcut, all things included(gearbox,ecu,wiring).... or get the mivec, gearbox can be find, price rm1500++ .... the package to convert to 4g93 sohc is the last choice, but i think workshop can do all those things for u include convert manual if u got enough $$$....

afterain_mushroom

Feb 6, 2011
Ipoh
Hahaha.. got a lot of stories about cps ya.. but as a newcomers, i think it's better for me to be silent about this topic or else, I'll be 'pancung'ed by the proton die hard fans.. hehe..:burnout:

where is ur area btw? and how much is ur budget... if me i will go for gdi turbo,since it come in halfcut, all things included(gearbox,ecu,wiring).... or get the mivec, gearbox can be find, price rm1500++ .... the package to convert to 4g93 sohc is the last choice, but i think workshop can do all those things for u include convert manual if u got enough $$$....
I'm in ipoh. My budget is around 5-6k (including installation cost). For now, i think i'm comfortable with the auto T.. Is there any problem to use the GDI 4G93 turbo in Auto T car as it use shiftronic system? and another question, which one got the better performance, 4G91 (1.5) or 4G18 (1.6)? As I told u before, I'm a newbie in this engines world.. Hope that u won't be irritated with some of my 'bodo' question.. hehe.. Thx a lot to u sifu.. :smile:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
hurm.... the gdi turbo if remain in stock form, the transmission should handle well, just dun always rev till red line and change gear, service gearbox on time, no problem actually.... +, gdi engine are for fuel economy, not much mod can be done, unless swap the head to gsr head.... remain stock and u will satisfied with it..... 200hp+- in stock dy........

4g91 and 4g18

The 4G91 uses a 78.4 mm bore and 77.5 mm stroke for a total displacement of 1.5 litres. With a 9.5:1 compression ratio and DOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder head and multi-point EFI, this engine produces 84 kW (114 PS; 113 bhp) at 6000 rpm and 135 N·m (100 ft·lbf) at 5000 rpm

4G92-MIVEC DOHC 16 Valve
Total Displacement - 1597cc
Bore - 81.0mm
Stroke - 77.5mm
Compression Ratio - 11:1
Maximum Output - 128 kW (174 PS; 172 bhp) @ 7,500 rpm
Maximum Torque - 167 N·m (123 ft·lbf) @ 7,000 rpm
Applications

The SOHC 4G18 displaces 1.6 L (1584 cc) with a bore and stroke of 76.0 mm x 87.3 mm. It is a 4-valve per cylinder engine. Output is 105 PS net at 6000 rpm (Middle East specifications), 122 ps gross (Gulf Countries specification), 96 PS net with 151 NM (European specifications).

even stock 4g91 is more powerful than 4g18,cause of dohc....

Displacement, cc 1834
Engine model 4G93T (turbo)
Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 205 ps (150.78 kw) / 6000 rpm <--ingatkn 192hp jer,ni 202.1993hp fuh
Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 28.0 kg*m (274.59 N*m) / 3000 rpm <--mau kuat mounting
Power density 6.05
Engine type Serial 4 cylinder DOHC16 valve IC turbo
Engine information
Fuel system ECI-MULTI (electrically controlled gasoline injection)
Turbocharger Turbo with intercooler
Fuel type Unleaded premium gasoline
LEV system (Low emission vehicle) No
Compression ratio 9
Bore, mm 81
Stroke, mm 89
Final gear ratio
Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 8.1
Fuel consumption at 60 km/h, l/100km

afterain_mushroom

Feb 6, 2011
Ipoh
I learnt a lot of new things today.. thx a lot 2 u sir.. hope u don't mind if i ask for any help or suggestions from u after this.. nice to learn form u sir.. TQvm.. :smile:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
welcome

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared that diesel fumes are very much capable of causing lung cancer and even went on to state that such fumes are even more carcinogenic than second-hand cigarette smoke!

<!--more-->This has prompted the WHO to enter diesel into the “known carcinogen” level, which calls for much concern for those who are heavily exposed to sooty sulphur containing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience