Waja Campro Modification?? Pls Help!!!

Flyin' Finn

Known Member
Apr 12, 2006
Hi there everyone,

I am new here. First of all i would like to say hello to everyone in here. Secondly, i would like to know if anyone knows what is the best sort of engine modification for a campro waja?? If it is possible to modify and increase torque and performance on a waja campro?? Just asking coz' it is still new, the campro engine. So far the engine is really good on the high end speed(highway driving), it seems really perky and responsive when it hits 4000 rpm, but when it drops below that, it becomes a bit sluggish. Overall, it's not a bad engine. Just wondering if anyone knows where i can modify the engine for a better performance, and what do i need to do to improve it?? Thanks a bunch!!!:confused_smile:

RocketMan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
halo flyin finn...
im driving on campro engine too...
if u r using a manual tranny..there should be no problem..i prefer u go for an exhaust modification....(i will tell u more later abaout this since campro bukan macam MIVEC or VTEC) so the setup will be totally different)

first thing yang paling basic...
1. go for a good engine and transmission oil...i suggest Q8 oil
2. Go for a K&N element air filter..jangan beli yang open pod air filter...it will increase your fuel consumption more...
3. If u got guts...modified the air box...since in the engine bay..u can see the funnel that brings the air into the intake manifold is very the panjang...the air already losses its quality due to the friction dalam that useless funnel.
4. Replace the spark plug with the good ones...i suggest u brisk360, Bosch Super4, atau denso Iridium or Volker Spark Plug(Kalau ada laaa)
5. Nak lagi extreme? since gen2 campro engines are low compression base..its good for turbo!!!..tapi tak tau la mana nak cari orang yang bagus untuk buat turbo system bagi Gen 2-for the time being...speedworks PJ tengah buat R&D untuk campro punya turbo...
6. If u want a good result tapi tak nak buang banyak duit sangat, u can opt for a cam modification.... orang yang buat CAM ni membantu untuk buat CAM gen2 R3.
sms/call me at 013 3038769 ZUL...untuk maklumat lanjut....
7. If u r running on a auto transmission, susah sket la nak power...top speed boleh dapat but not much to do to modify the torque brother....

cukup setakat ni...catch u later k?
mail me at [email protected] atau sms n call for info....saya pun baru belajar je CAMPRO ni.....

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
try the basic intake and exhaust mods.

then go on with engine balancing as well as port and polish.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Flyin' Finn.......since yours is Waja Campro.....brandnew car la...not more than 3 months?

already want to mod all technical parts? lol......anything problem with your car technical things......u take back Proton Serivce Centre.....u gonna pay for it.

Flyin' Finn

Known Member
Apr 12, 2006
Hello Rocketman,

Thanks for your advice. Does your campro feels good on torque and high end power after doin' what u said?? My car is definitely manual. Don't like Auto transmissions. Especially on low cc cars!!! Anyway, tell me more about the exhaust set up!!!

Fluffy,

You told me to try the basic intake and exhaust mods!!! What do you recommend?? What do you mean on engine balancing?? Is port and Polish expensive?? What do they do on port and polish?? Does it increase horsepower??

Gohkokeng,

Yup!!! I know that my guarantee would be void if i meddle with the engine, but, am not really bothered. In other words, cannot wait laaaaaaa to mod my car!!! very impatient!!! lol Thanks for the advise anyway!!!

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Flyin' Finn wanna ask u something......u bought the Waja Campro is b4 or after the cars price droped?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
try either a drop-in or open pod air filter for better intake.
for exhaust just drop by ur local exhaust shop and get advise:_:

port and polish is a process where the intake and exhaust ports are polished to make air flow smoother.

yup,it does increase hp.

Flyin' Finn

Known Member
Apr 12, 2006
Hey Gohkokeng,

I bought my car just before the price dropped. My car was registered on the 20th and the cut off date was on the 23rd!!! Three days before and i could not get a refund!!! BUMMER!!!

Hey Fluffy,

Thanks. I understand now. But Rocketman advised me to use K&N Element Air Filter, not an open pod filter. He uses a campro engine too!!! What is the difference??

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
actually a drop in would surely make a diff in intake..but the drop in has a filter cover that would limit the amount of air "sucked" in compared to an open pod coz the open pod has much more area of "effect"

coz if u mod ur intake..u may void ur warrenty.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Fluffy said:
actually a drop in would surely make a diff in intake..but the drop in has a filter cover that would limit the amount of air "sucked" in compared to an open pod coz the open pod has much more area of "effect"

coz if u mod ur intake..u may void ur warrenty.
LOL!!......r u sure intake also will void warranty?

i just mod it Apexi Open Port not long ago...... (!-_-)

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Fluffy said:
but did u go and ask the dealer is ur warranty still available?
haha din go ask..but then if got problem....tukar balik stock filter loh....damn easy only haha :~)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

WANTED------> rear disc brake for n13!

i want it with exel.
please contact me if u found it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience