W124 always 'mati enjin' when using ron95

tyj91

Apr 15, 2006
KL
Hi all sifu's, I have a W124 model 230E, but it is shaky when pumped with ron 95 and hardly ignited especially in the morning. Btw, it can run smooth on ron97 but fuel is expensive.

Anyone know the problem?
Any modifications can be done? Need help from sifu.
Thanks

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
just asking... does your W124 is yours from the start or there's previous owner? reason asking is that maybe the previous owner change the ignition maybe? dunno how... but it could be done rite?

to my knowledge (my father & uncle used to owned one)... it can run RON92 fine (remember the day...)

btw, here's a post in oversea forum.. 91 or 95 octane in 95 W124 E220? [Archive] - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

it says that in their manual runs RON91 minimum... FYI, RON in UK/Euro/AU are the same as Malaysia.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
As mentioned above, most Merc engines for W124 especially the smaller ones like yours should have no issues running on just RON91-92 if the engine is healthy and fully std since the compression ratio is still relatively low. In fact RON95 should be very much sufficient already and it does not need RON97 at all!
Check your engine ignition timing and compression again, probably the timing is already set too high/advanced for RON97 and/or the compression might be already a bit high due to too much carbon deposits in the combustion chamber (might need to do carbon cleaning).
Did you hear any knocking/detonation from the engine when using RON95?

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
try to check the fuel adjustment plug which located at the batt compartment too...got 2 mark which is S & N on the plug...S for operation with premium grade fuel(ron98) while N for operation with regular grade fuel(below ron98)...just need to fully pull the plug out before doing any adjustment...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yesterday my car kena scratch by i think a lorry .... a lil out of shapr oledi .... out of shape nvm .... but leave one line like half inch thick and 1 feet long without paint wah so clear ..... can anyone tell me how to recover that line without spraying the whole door .... coz expensive la .... i just wan the line to dissapear onli ..... any idea ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience