W E L C O M E to M A C ! ! !

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
This club still active :D?
Not very active anymore... not many comes here.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Greetings sifus,

Would a BOV do any good for a stock engine?

Please advise...thanks.
Don't use HKS SSQV, it tends to stall the engine when you release the throttle. Many has this problem. But I've been using it the past 6 years now.

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Hello guys..

Wolfie here.. Just got my airtrek today and here I am reporting for duty:thefinger:

Very rookie bout airtrek but very happy to own 1.. So really in need all the advices and helps from all the bro here..

Now.. My ride really really under power and got no feel of turbo.. As the 1st owner it's an ahpek... So I guess lots of jobs got to be done.. Any advice guys? Which part to start first?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Hi Wolfie,

Welcome to ZTH-MAC.

First advice for you is to get your car serviced.
> Oil Change
> ATF Oil Change
> Brake Fluid Change
> Power Steering Fluid Change
> Radiator Water Change
> Air Filter Change (advice to get K&N drop in)
> Plugs Change
> Timing Belt Change (bearing + water pump + other small belts)
> Aircond and Alternator Belt inspection/change.
> Tighten all the clamps
> Brake pads inspection/change
> Service aircond
> Ensure all electricals/bulbs running fine

Next stage is to get your car rectified if any problems presist.
> Radiator pipe if harden, change.
> All vacuums pipe if harden or cracked, change
> Engine mounting - if car vibrates, check mounting. Cracked? Change
> Absortbers if leaking, change

> Install a boost meter (at least)

Then only you think about adding power. YOu can start off with installing a manual boost controller. Depending on model, standard boost around 0.6 bar. If your car is healthy, you can increase it to 1 bar no problem. With that, you will get instant increase in power. It can be very obvious especially during boost when you compare 0.6 bar to 1 bar.

Of cos, that's basics. You wanna go more? Hahaha.. it's endless..... GOOD LUCK.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

One more thing, lack of power could be due to leaking vacuum pipes. Turbo cars depends a lot on boost and vaccum, if it's leaking, you won't get power. And that is why I advise you to get your car back to good health before thinking to modify it. Those advised to change will set you back around RM5K already, including aborbers. engine mountings and brake pads.

03Airtrek

Aug 3, 2016
AU
Hi everyone! New Airtrek owner here.. got a silver 2003 turbo. Still waiting for it to arrive from Japan .. very low km 35000. Glad to find an active forum here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

03Airtrek

Aug 3, 2016
AU
Hi No not so many Airtrek in Australia... I've never seen another on the road here.. but evo's are quite popular. We did have the non turbo Airtrek (outlander)

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys, I've been reading this forum quite abit and really got myself convienced to get a JDM car.
Unfotunately, I'm so torn between the Caldina Gt4 and Airtrek Turbo.

Performance, well I'm guessing both has similar power outputs and weight (on papers), it doesn't really matter to me at all since they're really on par (Caldina has 4 speed auto while the Airtrek Turbo has 5 speed auto tho).
BUT it seems that Caldina is very limited on mods due to its transmission(??) so I'm guessing there isn't much to be done for future plans.

Looks, I feel like the Caldina has a way sleeker look with that low roofline, an essence of shooting-brake while the Airtrek is literally a crossover which means it has more practicality.

Interior, I've YET to actually sit in one but once I'm back in KL I'll do it immediately. By looking at the pictures, I feel that the Caldina has a better design compared to the Airtrek and boy do I love the Recaros too.

The car will be my daily and of course, my opinions above may change once I got my hands on each car. But I'd like to know your opinions on each car too (if you have driven any) or maybe one is alright.

Anyways, I've been constantly frequenting mudah and apparently there aren't many Airtreks there (neighbouring regions). The are some that's been modded (TD05 I think) and is it better to get those or a slightly modded one?
Do let me know if someone you know is selling one too!

Thanks so much guys and can't wait to join the pack!

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
s.marzs. welcome to Airtrek forum.

Caldina surely looks a lot more sleek than Airtrek. However in terms of modification and reliability, Airtrek wins hands down due to it's roots from Evo. I've seen some pushed to over 450hp without breaking a sweat and mine, I should have around 300-330hp in crank. Anyway.. good luck on your search (and I am selling me too)

03Airtrek

Aug 3, 2016
AU
Hi guys. Many months ago I posted about importing an Airtrek. Well after many delays it's finally here! Very happy with it - super clean, stock and 37,000km from new IMG_20161210_163539.jpg

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First, it was design a blank Vios canvas. Now, Toyota Malaysia is getting on the streets "announcing" their latest arrival of the all-new Vios. Yes, with a blank dummy. This is achieved by having a pick up truck ferry a fiberglass mockup(maybe) through a see-through aquarium all around town.

Proton had their peek-a-boo, Toyota has their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience