W E L C O M E to M A C ! ! !

Sep 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all sifus and otais, Im a new owner of a 2002 Airtrek turbo. Just got my ride last Thursday right before CNY.
But the thing is my ride is already giving me a few problems that Im hoping all sifus can help me with.
First, is sometimes my car wont start at first crank unless I put the gear in Neutral position. This happens very occasionally and randomly.
Second, is the front brakes of the car is making sounds even when Im not braking and it gets louder when I press the pedal. The steering also will vibrate harshly if I attempt to brake very rapidly.
Last, is the car high (or normal, I dont know) FC. My Trek is bone stock except for the piping which the previous owner have modified to straight flow. Is it normal if I travel around 70km and it the car is burning roughly around 1 bar of petrol without even boosting much?

Hope all the sifus in here can help me with my beloved Trek, thank you!

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
hi bro,welcome.
1st crank won't start may due to battery,starter,fuel line n more.
braking sound may due to uneven rotor,go for a skim should solve the problem.
you fc is on the high side.normal trek fulltank u can get 400km+- 10%

Sep 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for your reply bro kaninbu.
Maybe I should pay Ah Wah a visit sometime this week to get my ride checked. Cannot tahan driving my Trek with all these problem.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Welcome bro Huntley. Congrats ion yr new ride.

I think yr car cranks right? Probably fuel system. Do you have a fuel regulator? Check the clamps on the regulator.

On yr brakes, u need skimming or maybe disc replacement. Yr pads might be finishing too if you hear scrapping sound.

On FC, there could be a lot of factors. I'll start with replacing the air filter and plugs. 1 quarter (1 bar) for 70km is around 5.8-6km/L. So it's high if your car is stock. But since you newly got it, if you keep nailing the throttle, u cud get that FC too even if yr engine is in good health.

Send it to Ah Wah to check on yr problems. Welcome again and do share pics too.

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys...
Happy Chinese New Year......sigh now only got the chance to check my email.....
May all your wishes comes true and brings you'll wealthy and healthy to you and family....
Cheers to MAC bro's............. :driver:

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
hi bro,welcome.
1st crank won't start may due to battery,starter,fuel line n more.
braking sound may due to uneven rotor,go for a skim should solve the problem.
you fc is on the high side.normal trek fulltank u can get 400km+- 10%
full tank can get 400km +-?
is on highway or city?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Best to calculate by km/L or L/100km. Fuel price fluctuates time to time.

My full tank about 280-300 in city. Full 100% highway can get around 400 plus.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
Best to calculate by km/L or L/100km. Fuel price fluctuates time to time.

My full tank about 280-300 in city. Full 100% highway can get around 400 plus.
cause i everytime fill petrol will calculate the FC.
your car got heavy mod also can get 300km in city. my 1 stock just more than you little only. ooh...is it my car need to reflash or re-tuning?
my 1 fully highway also cannot get over 400km....omg. what's wrong with my car?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Nothing wrong with your car bro. Stock fuel mapping is shitty. It was designed to make the car work in all climates. U can tune yr car even in stock to get better FC but I'll advise u to mod anything u like before doing so to get the best out of it.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
Nothing wrong with your car bro. Stock fuel mapping is shitty. It was designed to make the car work in all climates. U can tune yr car even in stock to get better FC but I'll advise u to mod anything u like before doing so to get the best out of it.
oic..ok. wait have a little mod 1st. hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 2020 City goes to town with new everything, including the much torqued about 253nm i-MMD hybrid engine. Looks pretty good in its RS trim as well.

Honda Malaysia hasn't revealed much else until its official launch in Q4 but judging from the teaser car, showing off its lanewatch cam and prominent windshield cam, the City seems set to get Honda Sensing which will likely include adaptive cruise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience