W E L C O M E to M A C ! ! !

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
good choice bro.. open pod sucks hot air inside ur engine bay.. later when ur trek is 350whp then can change to open pod.. :driver:
Yup, open pod sucks hot air from engine bay, but your turbo got intercooler. I think the effect not as bad as for NA car, right?

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
indeed open pod will suck hot air in engine bay only if the car is not moving.btw u do have grills with hole to let air enter ur engine bay rite?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Any any condition, the stock airbox is adequate for our hot weather/climate usage. Just make sure your airfilter is CLEAN all the time, then you'll be good.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
yes, u guys rite... we do has grill and also intercooler... but imagine in our stock airtrek with TMIC and open pod, the air temp will never be the same as stock box as the stock box is a plastic/PU (im not sure the exact material) that is not a good heat conductor. it does not absorb alot of temperature thus the air is not heated by the air box n the stock airbox also has CAI above the grille. The mitsubishi's engineer know that 4G63 produce high temp inside engine bay. Overall the temperature might not be alot of different but imagine we warm up engine quite lot and were stuck in a traffic jam then it would be significant different.. am i rite? just wanna share my opinion thats all.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i used to work with JB one of the most reputable tuner, and one of his customer's NA drag car used 3" PU pipe (pipe for house sinky grey coloured) for intake pipe n even uses the 45 degree elbow. heheh.. n thats what he explained..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i used to work with JB one of the most reputable tuner, and one of his customer's NA drag car used 3" PU pipe (pipe for house sinky grey coloured) for intake pipe n even uses the 45 degree elbow. heheh.. n thats what he explained..
NA sure need CAI already, but 45 degree elbow have a lot of restriction. Should heat up the pipe and bend it, since PU......:hmmmm:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
1 thing that I wanna add is that the higher the boost, the higher the air temperature. Compressed air is hot air. Thus the cooler the air is sucked in, the better.. :)

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
1 thing that I wanna add is that the higher the boost, the higher the air temperature. Compressed air is hot air. Thus the cooler the air is sucked in, the better.. :)
what i know about air is that, the hotter the air the harder it to be compress. so our engine had to wrk harder to compress hot air that sucks in.. :biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Yes, that's correct. So runnign high-boost is not that simple.... air fuel mixture is a big big important thing good.. u don't wanna fry your engine when it's too lean.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
no sifu's laa.. just sharing some knowledge n experience.. bro VR is also one of old timer n sifu in ZTH. he's just pretend he doesnt know.. heheh

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

NA sure need CAI already, but 45 degree elbow have a lot of restriction. Should heat up the pipe and bend it, since PU......:hmmmm:
so far they only apply this pvc pipe on NA intake pipe only.. if its melted, then the samco also long time gone already.. and they use to paint it in black so that makes it less look like a household pvc pipe.. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

I've problem with my brakes on my Toyota Cressida. Just fitted a Big double layer servo and a pair of twin port caliper. Yet the brakes seems sluggish.

Desperate help needed.

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience