VW Golf6 Panel Cluster

Jeppy

Jeppy

Nov 17, 2021
Hi,
Need some experts to solve or advice my panel cluster.
It's a Golf Mk6 Year 2009.
The cluster switches off by itself after some time when it detects abnormal voltage surge thus all indication shutdown but the engine will function and transmission works as normal.
I would be very grateful if some experts could assist me about this issue or maybe could have some electronic faulty components replaced at a reasonable price.
Thanks.

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,
The cluster switches off by itself after some time when it detects abnormal voltage surge thus all indication shutdown but the engine will function and transmission works as normal.
I would be very grateful if some experts could assist me about this issue or maybe could have some electronic faulty components replaced at a reasonable price.
Thanks.
First thing is, did you change or add any electrical/electronic accessory at the local ah beng type shop (contohmya Brothers etc). If you did I would look at that wiring that was touched first. A long time ago when I had a proton saga the Brothers installed mp3/CD player would pipe a horrible short-circuitcy sound through the speakers and then blink an error code.

Last edited:

Jeppy

Jeppy

Nov 17, 2021
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I wonder if you any of the Euro cars like BMW,Merc,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Jaguar,VW and the like.
Their electronic system is totally from the ASEAN made cars. Every single electronic item has to be coded and make it function as built for purpose.
You can ask any of your friends who owns VW Golf and ask the problem of their cars.
I need some one who is good in German electronics.
Thanks.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi,
Thanks.
Out of curiosity how did you know it was caused by a voltage spike? And if it was because of a spike, Alcyons question is legit. Did you install anything recently that is connected to the electronics and made of poor quality?

These blanking out MFD issues on BMWs are usually due to faulty display meters. No idea about VWs though.

Jeppy

Jeppy

Nov 17, 2021
Out of curiosity how did you know it was caused by a voltage spike? And if it was because of a spike, Alcyons question is legit. Did you install anything recently that is connected to the electronics and made of poor quality?

These blanking out MFD issues on BMWs are usually due to faulty display meters. No idea about VWs though.
Hi,
You can ask your friends if they have Volkswagen about panel cluster issues.
Thanks.

Jeppy

Jeppy

Nov 17, 2021
Hi,
Maybe you have friends that they own a Volkswagen with panel cluster issues.
Great if you know people in Volkswagen club of Malaysia which I can seek their expertise.
Thanks.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
speaking what understanding not really.
Hi,
Maybe you have friends that they own a Volkswagen with panel cluster issues.
Great if you know people in Volkswagen club of Malaysia which I can seek their expertise.
Thanks.
so heres a suggestion, why not join the vw club and ask them directly? doesn't quite make sense to go through a few people to find a solution

tbh i dont even know what kinda solution you are looking for.
people ask for details, you give none

this someone testing bot or something?

Reactions: koshin and alcyon

Jeppy

Jeppy

Nov 17, 2021
Hi,
Thanks for the info.
So how can I join VW club of Malaysia. Any webpage?
Thanks.

koshin

Known Member

koshin

Known Member
Feb 1, 2018
Vietnam
Hmm I wonder why some come here for specific model "help" when this is a general forum for all automotive kaki and not go specific to a model or brand specific site.
Its like going to LYF and ask got a recipe for beef wellington of a specific region, when orang lain bagi recipe and he goooo like "noooooooooooooooooooooooo, I want a beef wellington recipe from wellington. please ask ur frens from wellington then they would understand"
hope the chilly not so pedas for those who terasa, cheers

• Haha
Reactions: Izso and alcyon

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,
Does anyone here know where i can find someone who is good at customizing
a turbo kit onto a 2zzge machine???

thanks in advance.

cheers,
Ed
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience