Vr4

Dec 11, 2011
Melaka
Gentlemen,

I've inherited a Proton Wira VR4 from my brother and the engine condition is kind a working okay. But there are several problems occurs recently in the system (I think so) and I don't know what is it.

When I'm on accelerate and hit the clutch instantly (i.e change gear or slowing down), the engine will shut off. It happens often. Does it have to do anything with its throttle body?

Then the engine jerking when it hit >5500 rpm (boost @ 0.6) and now it happen @ >3500rpm(approx). Does it has anything to do with the turbo or fuel pump? Or anything else?

FYI, there's some leakage around the manifold area (white smoke coming out) when i rev the engine.

Need advice from the experienced on what really happen to the engine and what should i tackle first to get it at least okay to be used. My budget is not more than 2k currently (as I just started working) and I plan to set it to stock condition because I travel from selangor - melaka regularly.

Thank you and appreciate any comment & advice.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
it could be the throttle body..try adding on FICD from toyota.
white smoke means time to do top overhaul on the engine..
if its blue smoke, turbo gonna kong soon.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
toyota FICD is universal actually, could fit on most mitsubishi cars....
there are many posibilities on the jerking.....check yr spark plugs, plugs cable, fuel filter etc....

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Gentlemen,

I've inherited a Proton Wira VR4 from my brother and the engine condition is kind a working okay. But there are several problems occurs recently in the system (I think so) and I don't know what is it.

When I'm on accelerate and hit the clutch instantly (i.e change gear or slowing down), the engine will shut off. It happens often. Does it have to do anything with its throttle body?

Then the engine jerking when it hit >5500 rpm (boost @ 0.6) and now it happen @ >3500rpm(approx). Does it has anything to do with the turbo or fuel pump? Or anything else?

FYI, there's some leakage around the manifold area (white smoke coming out) when i rev the engine.

Need advice from the experienced on what really happen to the engine and what should i tackle first to get it at least okay to be used. My budget is not more than 2k currently (as I just started working) and I plan to set it to stock condition because I travel from selangor - melaka regularly.

Thank you and appreciate any comment & advice.
hi bro,

is the car stock?

how is the car idling? does it hunt up and down?

the jerking part , could be faulty fuel pump,faulty spark plugs, faulty sensor (maf,02)., bad plug cables...

for the smoke,coming out from which manifold bro? intake or exhaust?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I found this on the net. Any of the DIY kings wanna try it out? I can only access half the article though, sigh. Need to pay.

http://f2.autospeed.com/cms/A_0059/article...?popularArticle
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience