VR4-RS Fuel Consumption

tatatititututoto

Known Member
Nov 20, 2004
Malaysia
Just wanna ask all the sifus here... What is the consumption for the VR4-RS engine like? RM 50 for like 300km?

Lets just say if the engine will be boosting at 1.0bar, i bet the consumption will be about RM 50 for 250km rite?

One more thing, what is the minimum boost for the VR4-RS engine, 0.4bar?

Thanks alot to all the sifus who is gonna help answer my question and dun flame (shoot) me if i am wrong :p (still learning mah)

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
standard actuator boost is.. ermm, VR4-RS... ermm... 0.7? hahaha! tak pasti la coz last time my std one always cannot tahan the boost. Surely overboost to 1.5 bar. Idiot punya actuator! TIll I got the Siam mari GReddy I got my wish.. 0.7 standard boost!
RM50 will get u only abt 32L.. with 32 litres in town you may get abt 260-280km+ or so...

tatatititututoto

Known Member
Nov 20, 2004
Malaysia
so basically the fuel consumption of a VR4-RS is'nt that heavy la rite? i really dunno about the fuel consumption because i havent driven one be4.

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
trust me, it's not that bad..i mean the fuel consumption...(unless u got heavy right foot laa)...;)..

p/s: if u want more power, u've to sacrifice the FC laa dude, that's normal....

more power= more fuel...:D

GSR4857

Known Member
Feb 20, 2005
i dunno bout VR4 but i can share the GSR. mine satria with GSR engine can go up to 380-400km for RM50 on normal driving.

anyway, any1 can share the GSR with td05 turbine, evo injector and bigger fuel pump's fuel consumption? thinking of upgrade soon.

Last edited:

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
hehe.. I like to go back to this FC issue for GSR. Belif me or not, your choice la. On my kerete kenit (Satria) using stock GSR 4G93 (apart from VR4 intercooler, speed cut, xhos, BOV, air-fuel controller), I could obtain on normal driving (urban & hi-way mix)...drum roll please.... 515km mileage on the full 50l! That one also can come to TTDI from Bangsar, wanna fill petrol, left wallet at home, go back Bangsar take wallet, come back TTDI PETONAS there, and fill up. Oh, yes, this was using PETRONAS' Primax fuel. Power is good too, and at the same time the '93 doesn't drink up as much. Good shit the GSR. This Mitsu 4G93 turbo is actually the best, most reliable and efficient engine swap any Wira, Satria or Putra owner could've done! I shud have kept it lah. What a moron I've been.

Back to VR4, right foot, left foot, heavy or light foot, sure tak tahan la coz everytime driving feel like boooooosting la. kekekeke! the 4G63 lagi kaw... tat's all i can say.

Last edited:

tatatititututoto

Known Member
Nov 20, 2004
Malaysia
in other words the 4G63 FC is damn like mad la.. hmm like that cancel plan wanna upgrade to 63... better stick with upgrading to 93.. now using 92p.. so wanna change la. the stupid 92p damn lembap la..

opp1

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
Guys,

I totally agree.I was driving a Wira with a GSR conversion in 1997 to 99 and it was very very good. Stock turbo except for water injection, AFC and exhaust. Could get 400km plus with highway and city driving. Very very good.

On the other hand,just got myself a GTI was a GSR RS engine two months back. Was expecting the same superb fuel consumption but fark!!!! RM 50 I only get 220 to 250km MAX!!! Teruk !! And this car is also stock except for AFC and exhaust also. No boost controoler also. Just dont understnad. hooked it up to a O2 meter, ok..hooked it up to lean,rich meter....ok...but still makan minyak.

Comments please.

cyborgsabah

Nov 18, 2003
Afghanistan
Visit site
my vr4rs RM50 can only go max 250km town driving... boosting 1.3bar...
stock internal just add in fuel regulator, 609 maf & straight flow exhaust...
fc killin me man..hehehehehehe...

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
with the inevitable petrol price increase, we ALL die lah! ehehe!
opp1> hmm, cud be your erm..clutch slipping? no rite? Have no idea dude. if A/F ok how can minum petrol so badly? confius!

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
how is your ignition timing? if its off, can cause excessive fuel consumption as well

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
the fuel consumption for VR4s are slightly higher than EVOs I, II, and III coz of the lower compression I think.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just wanted to know that there any aftermarket performance part or mods can load lsd into proton fwd gearbox? Sound new to me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience