Volvo demonstrates its Volvo City Safety feature

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

Volvo demonstrates their autostopping ability with the Volvo City Safety system. The system depends on laser radar, mounted on a grill, to pick up signals time to time (dual mode, 76GHz) to identify if the car in front has suddenly stopped. One heck of a cool idea!

The Volvo City Safety System helps in completely avoiding collisions at low speed or at least substantially mitigating the consequences. City Safety works with an laser sensor in the upper portion of the windscreen, responds to vehicles at a distance of up to six metres and is active at speeds of between 4 and 30 km/h. If the system establishes that there is a danger of collision when the car in front performs a sudden braking manoeuvre or because of a stationary vehicle, the car's own brake system swings into action. If the driver fails to respond to the danger situation, emergency braking is automatically initiated with a deceleration between 50 and 100 percent of the available brake friction force.

The Volvo City Safety System now come standard in most Volvo car range, including the Volvo S60, Volvo V60, Volvo XC60, Volvo XC70, Volvo V70 and Volvo S80 models.

YouTube - ‪Volvo City Safety - laser radar auto brake safety system‬‏

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hie all ,

I am currently waiting for my car to come out from the panel workshop after
a bad accident.Its a 2 year old Neo Cps.

I am not so good on the technical side of cars thus i need help from some1/workshop
to ensure all the parts that's fitted on my car after the accident is genuine/new parts.

Is the any workshop which will do this for me?
I need to check my body/chassis too as i am scared the handling might be effected.

Any suggestions or help ? Please
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience