Vios + 2ZZGE!!

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
can this be done technically?? how much wud the cost?? is there any celica gts 2ZZGE halfcuts for sale??..if can, the vios can surely be a pocket rocket n challenger to vtec mivec guys!!?? :biggrin: :rock:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
phantomRX8 said:
can this be done technically?? how much wud the cost?? is there any celica gts 2ZZGE halfcuts for sale??..if can, the vios can surely be a pocket rocket n challenger to vtec mivec guys!!?? :biggrin: :rock:
not sure, but i've seen b16b civic type r tapau 2zzge celica before on video, so this i think tell us that its not just about power. if celica can't even beat a type r, then what can a vios do with 2zzge?

well, unless you wanna smoke sohc vtec or those b16/b18 with 300kg worth of body kit and ICE lar then i support you kau kau :D :D :D

PuristOfRacing

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Kerteh
in the US, they have a corolla xrs(altis chassis) with 2zzge. If can import the halfcut from US, would be just a direct swap. For vios, i think much more easier to put the 4ag series.

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
They have the the Altis fitted with 6 speed 2zzge in Japan. I think they launch the car in August 2003.

I saw the halfcut before in 2003 in KL.

The mileage of the halfcut is less than 10K.

PuristOfRacing

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Kerteh
I thought for JDM, they have their own corolla like the one in Singapore? Isnt Altis is for SEA and USDM? In japan there is also RUNX and ALLEX(Hatchback chassis) that uses 2zzge. In Europe there is the Corolla T-Sport and currently a supercharged version the Corolla compressor. USDM other that uses 2zzge is the Pontiac Vibe(Toyota Voltz) and the Toyota MAtrix.

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
What i saw was an Altis! the dashboard and the chasis is also the same! Right hand drive car!

I m not sure about the light and the bumpers because the front of the car is damage quite badly.

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com
pity altis...
but vios chassis should be better than the altis.
shorter.
i remember someone did posted the echo with 2zzge pics b4.
the car done by australian if not mistaken.
go ahead and try it... hiak hiak hiak..

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
sometime ago, someone posted a pic of vios with 4AFE engine
which is produced in china (err.. or taiwan.. forgot la) as a variant for sell..
so, if 4AFE can fit into vios engine bay.. why not a 4AGE BT or SVT? haha

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
well its just a matter of time b4 sumone come up wit a sopued up 2zzge..i mean the base power is already there..time will tell whether it can whack back the b16b type r..if not why did the lotus company plonked in a 2zzge inside their famous exige??as jeremy clarkson said...the engine is teetotaller n only sips fuel..then all hell break loose pass 6k rpm...i see that the vios is gud looking car n maybe wat it needs is more power...by the way no trd parts for the 2zzge aa??aiyo..in us the celica oredi goin' out of production??

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
phantomRX8 said:
well its just a matter of time b4 sumone come up wit a sopued up 2zzge..i mean the base power is already there..time will tell whether it can whack back the b16b type r..if not why did the lotus company plonked in a 2zzge inside their famous exige??as jeremy clarkson said...the engine is teetotaller n only sips fuel..then all hell break loose pass 6k rpm...i see that the vios is gud looking car n maybe wat it needs is more power...by the way no trd parts for the 2zzge aa??aiyo..in us the celica oredi goin' out of production??
I does break our heart to hear that a B16B-R wallop 2ZZ-GE, but do not forget that B16B is a proven powerplant and with some mods it is even more potent that can even outrun most 1.8L Turbos. 2ZZ-GE on the other hand is the first offering from Toyota for the all-aluminium NA motor - it does have power but performance add-ons are limited for now. For Toyota, when they developed 2ZZ-GE to replace 4A-GE, the concept remains the same - more focus for all round Hi-Rev engine suitable for Track Racing and not too much on the Drag scene. I have never driven a 2ZZ-GE before but it should inherit Superb Throttle response heritage from 4A-GE - this is where Toyota reign supreme.

If you are looking for an all out Drag machine, consider investing on a 1UZ-FE instead. One Celica ZZ series in US runs 6secs Quartermile time - tuned and developed by Turbonetics using 1UZ-FE platform - now that's scary!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
EFN said:
I does break our heart to hear that a B16B-R wallop 2ZZ-GE,.........
I'm glad of that, its news like this that should keep the 2ZZ engine half cuts cost down. it doesnt matter how many B16, K20, gsr turbo can tapau 2ZZ in the videos. I hope I dont have to pay $$$$ for it (2ZZ)
:biggrin:

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
koolspyda said:
I'm glad of that, its news like this that should keep the 2ZZ engine half cuts cost down. it doesnt matter how many B16, K20, gsr turbo can tapau 2ZZ in the videos. I hope I dont have to pay $$$$ for it (2ZZ)
:biggrin:
well said koolspyder.

t0il3t_duck

500 RPM
Apr 17, 2005
www.csee-loong.com
there's a vios with 1.8 vvtl-i+turbo here.... and there's another one with 4age+turbo... manual...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a feature of MadMike's MadBul, the awesome FD3S equipped with 26B normally aspirated rotary engine pushing upwards of 600 horses. This is arguably the epitome of rotary and FD3S goodness, the sound of it is ungodly awesome and in my honest opinion puts any engine to shame.

MadMike with MadBul...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience