Video: 2020 Honda City RS i-MMD first look

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
We gotta start somewhere. As much as I hate to admit it - electric cars are the way of the automotive future unless someone commercializes hydrogen fuel cell or nuclear power.

However having said that I'd do what Ixeo do and let those who can afford it make it commercially viable for the rest of us normal folks. So in the meantime I'll keep buying petrol.

Reactions: alcyon

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
We gotta start somewhere. As much as I hate to admit it - electric cars are the way of the automotive future unless someone commercializes hydrogen fuel cell or nuclear power.

However having said that I'd do what Ixeo do and let those who can afford it make it commercially viable for the rest of us normal folks. So in the meantime I'll keep buying petrol.
Wasn't electric looked into because they are afraid crude will soon run out..... :smokin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wasn't electric looked into because they are afraid crude will soon run out..... :smokin:
not really.
As other people switch to electric, demand for dinosaur juice will drop, more juice for us!

Reactions: 6UE5t

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Actually crude oil has so much reserves, still have alot.
"There are 1.65 trillion barrels of proven oil reserves in the world as of 2016. The world has proven reserves equivalent to 46.6 times its annual consumption levels. This means it has about 47 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves). "

Reactions: gunnerzz

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well with Euro clamping down on emissions, vehicle fuel usage will definitely drop. China also realises it cannot allow pollution to fog up Beijing, so the government would also steer it away from dino juice. Shenzhen for example, can only have EV cabs. So all cabs there are EV.

Which means... don't worry about dino juice!

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
but to produce electricity, you need fossil fuel/coal to burn.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
More cheaper dino juice, more boosting, yayyy!
then kena out-paced, out-accelerated, out-everything by a electric vehicle......

Burn fuel directly like our car is 2/3 less efficient than using a pure EV that takes electricity.
Word is efficiency. But in Malaysia most powerplants using coal sadly. Malaysia lacking alot lol
well - someone wanted nuclear at one time and that was shot down kaokao. We do have windfarms but the scale is laughable.

and 49 years of fossil fuel isn't a lot leh.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
then kena out-paced, out-accelerated, out-everything by a electric vehicle......

well - someone wanted nuclear at one time and that was shot down kaokao. We do have windfarms but the scale is laughable.

at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Burn fuel directly like our car is 2/3 less efficient than using a pure EV that takes electricity.
Word is efficiency. But in Malaysia most powerplants using coal sadly. Malaysia lacking alot lol
ya. coal and diesel to generate electricity

Nuclear most countries who had nuclear are ramping down nuclear as they are unable to handle the waste.
and Windfarms is a no no due to the nature of recycling/dispose of spoilt turbine blade. EU is trying to not use it for future (maybe replace with something can be recycled)

still hydro, solar may be future to generate electricity but to which extend until fossil fuel or coal is not needed to create electricity?

Reactions: Izso

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Well we can definitely be noisier than the electric vehicle. Since it makes no sound. Nuclear is actually viable IMO, especially in Malaysia where we have no natural disaster to deal with. Then we eject the waste into space using SpaceX rockets.

Please don't say flood I'll slap you. Flood is just not enough money poured into engineering and gotten song lap by politicians.

but to produce electricity, you need fossil fuel/coal to burn.
Solar.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
ya. coal and diesel to generate electricity

Nuclear most countries who had nuclear are ramping down nuclear as they are unable to handle the waste.
and Windfarms is a no no due to the nature of recycling/dispose of spoilt turbine blade. EU is trying to not use it for future (maybe replace with something can be recycled)

still hydro, solar may be future to generate electricity but to which extend until fossil fuel or coal is not needed to create electricity?
If solar panels can take up sun power, it will be great. Now its taking up a lot of space. Solar is best really.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifus out there,

My car satria neo 1.6 (a) broke down yesterday at a traffic light..when the light turns green, i put the gear Drive n hit the gas..and suddenly....engine losing power then shut off..(malu weh ada amoi kat sebelah..damn)..tried tu turn the engine on but failed..after 30 sec, restart again but then ok, can move..drove straight away to workshop but the mechanic couldnt find the prob (plug, timing belt marker, throtle body checked)...and they ask me to go to proton...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience