Very Cold Air Intake

idhammuchtar

Nov 5, 2006
Hi Guys....

I'm just wondering if i put the hose from inside cabin directly to intake manifold. Or more on that, install it from Air-Cond hose directly to intake manifold(make one hole, and put an intake hose on it)We can get pure cool air to suck from air intake. Is it possible?What did u guys think?
:party:

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
u can do that but u might not comfortable listening to the sucking sound..and somemore u have to open ur window la or else u will competing with ur engine for inhaling oxygen kekeke
if put directly to aircond blower...u also have to open ur window and somemore ur car still feel heavy as compressor running
campur tolak campur tolak..jatuh ahaks

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
connect a hose to ur air intake, the other end connect to a metal box.. then another hose connect to outside air.. then put ice cube inside the metal box..very cold air intake..jk jk..

idammuchtar..

the long hose u stretch inside the cabin..will loose purpuse of fast air intake.. just buy a hose and stretch to the front of ur hood if possible..

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
or if u use air filter like skywalker
(pinjam ur pic jap hehehe) , u can mods ur bonner like daihatsu mira one..put scoop, sure very CAI one

idhammuchtar

Nov 5, 2006
Other more..what will happen if the air is overcome..does it will effect with fuel mixing.

idhammuchtar

Nov 5, 2006
flamefox850 said:
u can do that but u might not comfortable listening to the sucking sound..and somemore u have to open ur window la or else u will competing with ur engine for inhaling oxygen kekeke
if put directly to aircond blower...u also have to open ur window and somemore ur car still feel heavy as compressor running
campur tolak campur tolak..jatuh ahaks
Dont turn on the A/C la..just blower only.How?

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
before that, what's ur car model ? engine ? mods ? if stock, not much different la bro. serious. better use filter element and put in stock airbox

just blower means its just air from ur cabin also...so, no point

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
flamefox850 said:
or if u use air filter like skywalker
(pinjam ur pic jap hehehe) , u can mods ur bonner like daihatsu mira one..put scoop, sure very CAI one
haha... apasai my siggie also kena??... hahaha....
if do scoop, afraid kena jpj la.... do CAI la... i got sell... can refer my siggie.... hehe....

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
sky,

just my two cents, ur CAI is not a good CAI, it's still sucking the surrounding hot air from the engine bay, a good CAI will get 99% of air directly from 'outside'...... u gotta channel the plumbing somehow to redirecting them elsewhere like ur 'twin pipe' setup....

all,

there's one light bulb for ur creative DIY, heard of the water cooled intercooler?? this setup has the least restrictive passageways, it's used for racing purposes while drag racers will add dry ice which is good for only few seconds on the drag....

but for street driving, it's not proper for the dry ice setup, however, u can try using the water cooled intercooling setup to cool down the air intake........... remember air to air intercooler is restrictive and it needs a bit more powerful than atmospheric pressure (that's wat turbo is for, to generate boost) to force the air thru the air air intercooler.... water to air is totally different but for the same purpose....

just an idea, if u wanna develop this idea, do it at ur own experiment....

Last edited:

ocphangaz

Known Member
May 24, 2006
might as well do water injection... but i see skywalker's intention... instead of using 100% hot air... the air duct can bring in cold air when the car is moving... so rough calculation the car will use only 75% hot air and 25% cold air from the duct.

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
wanna more more extra cold air???NOS lar.....that was proven the best system.....

or just driven ur car at nite only....or after the rain stop...sure so cold....hehehehehe

Last edited:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Hallo people..

just to let u know our fella ZTHian oledi done it la...

drexchan.fotopic.net <-- damn keng DIYer.

search somewhere in there.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this one is my SLK's

can be used for the Perodua K-cars.

Kancil
Kelisa
Kenari
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience