Used Number (Different Owner) to New Car (Me)

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
I plan 2 get a new car soon. I've also identified a used number plate that I want 2 register onto my new car.

The situation is d used number is on a bike n the owner is only willing 2 sell me d number but not d bike. I thought of registering a new number 4 d bike, but does that free up the old number? Even if it does, 2 whom does d old number belong 2?Can I use it 2 register my new car?Sounds confusing rite?

Any idea hw do I go about this?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I plan 2 get a new car soon. I've also identified a used number plate that I want 2 register onto my new car.

The situation is d used number is on a bike n the owner is only willing 2 sell me d number but not d bike. I thought of registering a new number 4 d bike, but does that free up the old number? Even if it does, 2 whom does d old number belong 2?Can I use it 2 register my new car?Sounds confusing rite?

Any idea hw do I go about this?
As far as I know the number can only be transferred within the owners name, so best way is to buy a bike but bike will be in number owners name (Risk you got to take). Make the number switch when registering. Then bike sold to you (buying your own bike...ha! ha!) Once bike and number in your name, then buy car and transfer number to car....

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
Wah tht means double interchange....additional cost. Hahaha
I think it would b easier if just coax him 2 sell me his bike.
Offer him higher price. Kawtim no need so mahfan..

Any idea hw long can a USED NUMBER b left hanging?
Reason cause cannot register on car yet cause long waiting period 4 new car..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah tht means double interchange....additional cost. Hahaha
I think it would b easier if just coax him 2 sell me his bike.
Offer him higher price. Kawtim no need so mahfan..

Any idea hw long can a USED NUMBER b left hanging?
Reason cause cannot register on car yet cause long waiting period 4 new car..
As long as the number is kept alive there is no problem of it expiring.
Just thought of another way that is cheaper, and you don't need to buy new bike in other owners name. Just get him to sell the bike and number to you. You buy new car switch number then sell bike with new number back to him. Looks like win/win situation....:driver:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
As long as the number is kept alive there is no problem of it expiring.
Just thought of another way that is cheaper, and you don't need to buy new bike in other owners name. Just get him to sell the bike and number to you. You buy new car switch number then sell bike with new number back to him. Looks like win/win situation....:driver:
this!

but maybe he dont like it cause 'geran' got so many name...haha

or let him buy the car, transfer number plate, then buy the car from him...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So, normally u guys with piggyback on, like safc.
you tune yourself or u bring to garage with proper tool like wideband 02 sensor and dyno?...

if bring to garage to tune, any recommended garage? and the price?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience