Typical timing for street cars at Sepang SIC

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
good to see this thread continuing. so-called benchmark times will also vary depending on track temperature, whether it rained recently, etc... at the end of the day, just enjoy urself, push your limits and try to find the limits of your machine. every car is different!

for your viewing pleasure, 2 laps in a street worthy S15 (sound system, aircond, full interior except rear seat removed for harness mounting, no rollcage...) around Sepang :)

YouTube- Time Attack Silvia at Sepang - 2m 31s

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
mist,

Nice laps :adore:

I notice hardly any roll and pitch of your car, in corners (especially direction changes) and under hard braking. You must be running very stiff suspension set up?

jdm_supplies

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
bro reflash not stock and pple put flash oredy most prob do other things liao like tire or align
anywayz i oso can easily take old list and say my car iz stock during that time but in reality not loh but lucky i gotz data and video to prooff plus i straightaway tell my fren and show him at the track and he can see my set up is stock on that day
you think so easy to win HMRT drivers i dun tink so loh!!!!!!!
bro, i know is not TOTALLY stock n thats y i quoted the parts changed lar so that pdreams can do his benchmarking.... am definitely not worthy to be compared with all the sifus here but i strongly believe a TOTALLY STOCK condition fd2r can do below 2:42 with a LIGHTER & BETTER driver.:driver:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Nice vid prefer more engine sound than music. Made me feel a bit sleepy :D

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
jdm_supplies,
i strongly believe u can do it too minus d passenger......ur own weight?no problem lar..u told me u can distmantle ur balls anytime 1 mah..leave it in d pits n race once w.out 'em..sure can clocke below 2.42:xx w a bone stock FD2R!hahahahhhaa..anyway,whn u clocked 2.42:xx w WXX1212,ur car running stock suspension n factory tyres,right?no IHE mods too,right?

deacon,
yeah,i agree w u...many vids nowadays all got music.can hardly hear d engine + gear shifting....prolly d driver 1na mask it?hehehehhhe.......

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Yeah totally man. I woulda preferred to hear the roar of the engine and everything else as well. This video almost seems surreal, what with the weather pattern in the sky and the almost "corner on rails" driving that was displayed.

Just for reference sake:-
YouTube- Honda S2000 vs. Ferrari 360 Modena

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
bro, i know is not TOTALLY stock n thats y i quoted the parts changed lar so that pdreams can do his benchmarking.... am definitely not worthy to be compared with all the sifus here but i strongly believe a TOTALLY STOCK condition fd2r can do below 2:42 with a LIGHTER & BETTER driver.:driver:
bro everyone have beliefs on everything but many beliefs oso wrong
what have been really done is one thing
belief is another thing!!!

liddat i say i belief a totoally stock condition fd2r with 100kg passenger and an LAGI better driver can do 2:32 oso no one can say anything cos is jus belief but no one have do before not even schumacher or the best drivers in our country

i tok to 100 driver
95 tell me fierce story say they so good so fast say SUPER TIME and say they belief can go even faster but all tok tok tok oni
but oni 5 will have the data or the video or can really shows me. this one is not jus tok or belief!! is what have really been done liao!!!! is real!!!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
jdm_supplies,
looks like u need 2 go thru d ligthen process & detuned ur FD2R,thn clock below 2.42 wei!hahahahhaha...............

mist,
whoarr...really nice driving!ur behind d wheel?

jdm_supplies

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
jdm_supplies,
looks like u need 2 go thru d ligthen process & detuned ur FD2R,thn clock below 2.42 wei!hahahahhaha...............

mist,
whoarr...really nice driving!ur behind d wheel?
hahaha.... already did, replace pads back to original and lost my 15kgs balls of steel....
so though lighten now, i have no belief i can even do 3mins liao....:adore:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
jdm_supplies,
hahahaha...who killed ur confidence?any1 else wud like 2 share their lap videos?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
jdm_supplies,
aiyo..dun like dat lar....thn take action lor..come come..i loan u my vid cam + tripod...i set it up in WXX1212 4 u,ok?

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
Hi jdm_supplies,

Thank you for providing your friend's lap for me to benchmark, serves as reference but not correlated for benchmarking for me.

Let's talk about the 2m42s with reflash that your friend did. Have you considered the effect of a reflash at a circuit like Sepang? Everything changes from rate of acceleration, to top speed, to earlier vtec point changeover etc etc. Its a power game from here onwards. Is it worth a few seconds per lap? All things being equal, I would say yes. For every second that your friend spends at a max. speed of 200km/h compared to mine of 192km/h, he would gain 2m over me. Imagine the gap he's pulling throughout the entire lap.

To say that he will do a 2m45s in a totally stock car is as good as me saying that I think I can do a 2m42s in a totally stock car i.e. it means nothing. Same applies for MME/HMRT driver who has done a lap of 2m42s but no proof. Of course, no one has to prove anything to anyone. I am merely saying, go one more step after believing, do it and quantify it in the process.

Transponder timing has no bearing about the car. Other than showing a time it shows nothing about the car or the driver. Today, video (try GoPro) and data acqusition are cheap (RaceLogic PBox) compared to the kind of parts being put onto the car. There's no excuse for any enthusiast to not quantify their laps if they want to be serious about the sport. And serious in this case, in the context of say football, means buying a ball and some boots. The basic.

I am of the belief that anytime ANYTHING that affects the car to do an ultimate fast lap is changed, it is NOT STOCK. Its funny how STOCK has evolved.

Case: An FD2R did a 2m41s recently, the car was stock I was told. Upon finding out, I think no one ever intended to present it as stock but word of mouth made it stock (it had exhaust, speedcut and a top of the line Tein coilover). Can such a lap be benchmarked? Guess not since a tricked out suspension can really achieved something (minimally 0.5s/1 min, likely more).

Cheers

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear bros, saw an Avanza using K3-VET engine, is it a direct swap?
Anyone swap before?

What about the gearbox, long shaft and axle?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience