Typical timing for street cars at Sepang SIC

alan23

Jul 19, 2009
Guys,

Just to get back to topic. Wat's with the obsession to attain 200KM/H on the front straight?

Sepang has only 2 main straight, so not getting 200km/h on the FRONT straight is not dat crucial to lap times. A bone stock FD2 Type R with it's 180km/h speed cut still in place, properly driven, can clock 2'42 seconds.

So those guys who can't reach 200km/h on the front straight shouldn't be downcast.
Thanks for the encouragement......2.42 is highly respectable for a stock CTR.....
Probably hit the speed limiter 3 times in sepang.........:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Here's my new cam angle on 19 Sep TD.... pity i only matched my old 2.46 (no vid for this).. and this shd be the 2.47 lap...

Pardon my left hand, dinno so ladylike... yucks... will grip the nxt time! :)

Comments appreciated...
Hi mercury

Your speed is quite similar but higher than mine in all the corners. Since you also using racelogic......wanna meet up and compare notes so I can learn from you
Thanks

Oh, by the way, I was at the sept TCC trackday, maybe I have met you there.......
I am the white rx-8......think only one white rx-8 on that day......the other one being charles, the red TC rx-8, who is also a regular for TCC........ :)

Last edited:

soulV

Known Member
Nov 24, 2008
whoarr...hit 200km/h by start/finish line?will really need a very VERY high powered car 2 do dat right?i only managed 182km/h on main straight n my braking point is always sumwhr ard d 100m mark.....but still managed 2.48 lap time on Yoko A050......n both my top speed n lap time is recorded using Race Chrono

soulV,
ur EF can hit 200km/h ar?borrow me ur car?thn i go do sum serious lap time?kekekeke
haha...only hit 200 just bef 100m mark...lots ppl says that my car can brake later but driver just dont hv enough ballz...hahaha....the top speed is just syok-syok...but the real layannnn is the corners....(if wanna get better top speed better go to hi-way)...hahahaha

mer707cury

Aug 15, 2009
Singapore
Hi mercury

Your speed is quite similar but higher than mine in all the corners. Since you also using racelogic......wanna meet up and compare notes so I can learn from you
Thanks

Oh, by the way, I was at the sept TCC trackday, maybe I have met you there.......
I am the white rx-8......think only one white rx-8 on that day......the other one being charles, the red TC rx-8, who is also a regular for TCC........ :)
Hi Alan, i think i know you lo, think i sold my defi vsd x to you right??

If you see the speedo on my dash, discount it, this vid straight put 204 before braking, but on my box, it only reads 198! So we should be tied. However, i will try to ATTACK the corners next time... as advised by frens and here... compared to stock 2.42, i am still far away...

Share data? sure, but very time-consuming to go through them.... email me at [email protected]!

alan23

Jul 19, 2009
Hi Alan, i think i know you lo, think i sold my defi vsd x to you right??

If you see the speedo on my dash, discount it, this vid straight put 204 before braking, but on my box, it only reads 198! So we should be tied. However, i will try to ATTACK the corners next time... as advised by frens and here... compared to stock 2.42, i am still far away...

Share data? sure, but very time-consuming to go through them.... email me at [email protected]!
Hi Neighbour

Of course I remember you. So your speedo is abit off lah..........You going to next TCC.......I would probably rest until next year or at best do one more trackday in Dec.

Sure, I will email my files to you.........feel free to comment and let me know where I can improve...Cheers........Kopi on me.........
But pls keep my files P&C as I dont wan pple to laugh at my lousy lining....

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
Guys,

Just to get back to topic. Wat's with the obsession to attain 200KM/H on the front straight?

Sepang has only 2 main straight, so not getting 200km/h on the FRONT straight is not dat crucial to lap times. A bone stock FD2 Type R with it's 180km/h speed cut still in place, properly driven, can clock 2'42 seconds.

So those guys who can't reach 200km/h on the front straight shouldn't be downcast.
Hi Faisal,

Such timings have been declared across both sides of the causeway for the longest time but none had ever been caught on video or datalog. Much faster timings of 2m39s (Coilover, exhaust, big brake kit), 2m41s (bone stock) on a STOCK FD2R have also been declared before.

My personal record on worn street tires RE070s was 2m43.6s a year ago which I would not consider the car stock as I had already an intake, exhaust with no cat converter and speedcut for the obvious performance gains. I also had the basic brake line/fluid/pad upgrade (not caliper or disc size) although I would not really factor these as highly influential factors for the one off ultimate fast lap.

1 yr on my FD2R has an intake, header, exhaust setup with no cat converter and running on Toyo R888 medium compound semi-slicks. The car was Mainline dynoed at 202wheel hp based on SAE corrections and I figured the weight should be at least around the stock weight of 1260kg give and take since I added a 4 channel amp in the boot, insulation material for my door to achieve a nice audio effect.

At my most recent trackday last week, I clocked a 2m42.6 during which the R888 was running shaved beyond its threadwear indicator. Unfortunately, I fused my cigarette lighter earlier in the day and my PerformanceBox did not capture the lap, I only have it on video (which I will post up tonight at YouTube - pdreams's Channel) Thankfully, from the PBox, I had a 2m42.9s from a previous trackday and that session, from the best of 4 sectors, showed that a 2m42.1s is possible.

How is all that I have written relevant? After the whole bunch of words above, I only want to ask, do you have anything to back up the 2m42s in a bone stock FD2R? I hope HMRT driver is not a form of backup. I come with non-hostile intentions but I have to say, talk is cheap, no, talk is free. This is not directed at you but just stemming from my own reflection that too much timing have come and gone, and so have those who declared them in the first place. For some reason, the timing achieved by a STOCK FD2R has been contentious for the longest time and I believed I read something similar in the Evo Sg forum recently. Not sure how that ended up but I guess we could all discuss based on quantifiable variables.

Either case, do you attend any SG trackdays. Perhaps we could exchange some pointers some time if you still wish to after reading this post. Trackdays I tend to go to are organized by TCC, RCA, BMW-SG and Maximus Racing.

Cheers

P.S For the record, I did clocked a 2m45.6s in the FD2R w ONLY a Mugen Intake some 18mths ago, and I also thought 2m42s could be achieved in STOCK form. Personally, it has taken much more (car and driver inclusive) to achieve what I thought was possible. Over the past 18mths, I would not suppose among the many declarations of >=2m42s FD2R STOCK times-- only hearsay, forum postings, "I think it can be..." -- kind of references are available. Odd or coincidence? I am still searching for the answer.

Last edited:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
wow wat a long post!!!

Just so u know, I'm not known to make crazy claims, as there's nothing to gain doing so. I hope that's not what ur implying.

As to the 2' 42++ time ( it was 42 point something but I forgot), in a bone stock FD2R, yes it was done by a current HMRT driver (not me though, I'm slower ) , so there goes one of my backup as u called it. Timed using a Demontweeks lap timer, not hand timed. Also during a session, with very very lil traffic. If wat u require is video data , then I don't have it. Sorry.

So make of what u will, to believe or not the time done.

Yes I do attend RCA, been there for the last 2 in fact, and will attend the one in DEC. Though i think it's not me u should be exchanging pointers with but the guy who did the time right?

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
wow wat a long post!!!

Just so u know, I'm not known to make crazy claims, as there's nothing to gain doing so. I hope that's not what ur implying.
Nope, that is definitely not my intention because sometimes we say something based on what we hear and see without knowing the true intricacies. And that is unintentional. And again, I do not mean you, just to be clear. And yes, you are right, there's nothing to be gained unless its linked to some form of business for which the crazy claims were meant to serve as some form of advertisement.

As to the 2' 42++ time ( it was 42 point something but I forgot), in a bone stock FD2R, yes it was done by a current HMRT driver (not me though, I'm slower ) , so there goes one of my backup as u called it. Timed using a Demontweeks lap timer, not hand timed. Also during a session, with very very lil traffic. If wat u require is video data , then I don't have it. Sorry.
You do not have to be sorry. Yes, it would be best to have video AND a datalog (so that one may compare from a simple 3 channel (velocity, lateral and long. G)output to be sure its more or less an apple to apple comparison. Having said that, no one is obliged to share what they know, more so in motorsports where it is competitive. But for anyone who would reciprocate in kind with information, I would be most willing to share. And that really is my aim, to be able to exchange honest, clear and scientific based information.

So make of what u will, to believe or not the time done.
It would be immature of me to view this as a "believe or not to believe" issue. I seek to improve my laptimes and iron out my driving flaws. Having said that, achievements and instructions alike should be logic based.

Yes I do attend RCA, been there for the last 2 in fact, and will attend the one in DEC. Though i think it's not me u should be exchanging pointers with but the guy who did the time right?
Why would you not think it could be you that I should be exchanging pointers? For the record, pointers can be exchanged with anyone who is honest about his driving. I do not think sharing is limited to a certain class, make, speed, level or timing. But yeah, if your friend is keen to share, I am sure I will not be the only one to benefit.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
*sigh*...December is looming ard d corner & i still haven't sorted out my car yet.........so,any1 know whn is d nex track day besides d RCA 1 in Dec?heard der shud b 1 in 22nd Nov but postponed to 29th?mayb all zth forumers can meet up during 1 of dis track days n exchange notes/knowledge?i'd really like 2 haf a look @ all d gizmos u guys r using 2 record lap/sector times....
n oh.btw,i'm driving a B16B 1989 Honda CR-X....best time of 2.48:xx,recorded w RaceChrono...using Shell RON97 w Yokohama A050 semi slicks....n i know y i'm doin d miserable 2.48:xx instead of d supposed 2.45:xx....hehehehhehe

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Having said that, no one is obliged to share what they know, more so in motorsports where it is competitive. But for anyone who would reciprocate in kind with information, I would be most willing to share. And that really is my aim, to be able to exchange honest, clear and scientific based information.

It would be immature of me to view this as a "believe or not to believe" issue. I seek to improve my laptimes and iron out my driving flaws. Having said that, achievements and instructions alike should be logic based.

Why would you not think it could be you that I should be exchanging pointers? For the record, pointers can be exchanged with anyone who is honest about his driving. I do not think sharing is limited to a certain class, make, speed, level or timing. But yeah, if your friend is keen to share, I am sure I will not be the only one to benefit.
pdreams,

Personally I have nothing againt's data info sharing, as this is related to street car times. It's not as if we were gunning for grid slot MMER Class A2. So I don't see any need for secrecy.

Do believe me when I say any achievements or info I share here are logic based.

As i asssumed u wanted driving pointers in relation to the 2'42 time, it was best I pointed to the man that did it, my HMRT teammate and friend.

I have no problems exchanging pointers with anyone, as most of us on this thread have the same aim, to improve our street car lap times. Personally I'm seeing if i can improve my laptimes in a streetcar too, for personal satisfaction.

If u are attending RCA Dec 09 then maybe we can meet up for a chat. I can't guarentee if my friend will attend though. I must say his input did help improve my own laptimes, albeit in a racecar and assisted by datalogging.

cheers

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

faisal bro what will you say if people talking stock fd2r can do 2:37? 5 seconds faster than HMRT driver
i dun believe 2:37 possible!
got some singaporeans talk like dis Singapore Mitsubishi Evolution Club • View topic - MPT Time Attack - Evo X one make class !!!
haha, well I can't say much can I? My own eyes have only seen 2'42 so that's what I'm sharing with u guys.

jdm_supplies

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
guys,
heres the timing for stock fd2r running replacement 850degC pads, hondata reflash & k&n dropin panel filter. 110kg driver n 70kg passenger. relatively stock condition car XXX1212.

Attachments

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Bro, ECU reflash & K&N is not stock FD2R aredi :biggrin: , thou I must say the times, with combined 180kg driver/passenger on board are mighty impressive. 6 laps conducted within 2' 42.xx . nice

Last edited:

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
guys,
heres the timing for stock fd2r running replacement 850degC pads, hondata reflash & k&n dropin panel filter. 110kg driver n 70kg passenger. relatively stock condition car XXX1212.
bro reflash not stock and pple put flash oredy most prob do other things liao like tire or align
anywayz i oso can easily take old list and say my car iz stock during that time but in reality not loh but lucky i gotz data and video to prooff plus i straightaway tell my fren and show him at the track and he can see my set up is stock on that day
you think so easy to win HMRT drivers i dun tink so loh!!!!!!!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
well,since i know jdm_supplies personally,i'm not shocked 2 c him doin such lap times....n i can tell u guys d car IS relatively stock except 4 d stuffs he mentiones......w a BONE STOCK FD2R,i think he cud still do sumthg like 2.45:xx sap sap sui....he's d 1 who taught me how 2 push my CRX 2 clock below my usual 2.5X:xx lap times....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I am writing this thread to get some recommendations of what cars to consider, my budget is MYR120,000. Currently i already owned 2 cars, have been reliable, just occasionally needed minor repairs. Needed a 3rd car because we need 1 more car for spare, just in case both my dailies went into garage because my GF also drives mine.

Last week, i went and test drove 3 cars fall under my budget and below is the test reports for your reference:

1.) BMW 325i E90 - Year made 2011 (as per...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience