Twin Plate Clutch...Need opinion.

lancer_ajai2

Known Member
Jan 22, 2004
Kuching, Sarawak
Visit site
Hi guys,

My clutch is slipin', so i'm planning to have it changed. I've got a good offer for a twin plate clutch, not sure of the brand (its cover is light green), have yet to inspect it throughly. I know for the power i'm making(e4 with std mods), a single plate would be more than enough but becos of the good offer for the twin plate, i decide to think twice

Anyway before i jump in and buy(or make a big mistake
), i need to know more about the characteristics of a twin plate clutch. A few q's

i) Is the engagemant really too hard and harsh as most people said? I'm used to the engagement of normal racing clutch(not hyper single), is it of much difference? Oh ya, my e4 is a daily driven.

ii) Would the twin plates wear out my syncros or clutch pump fast? Assuming i'm only doing normal driving (no high-rpm launches) with occasionally few occurences of "spirited driving"

For now thats all i can think of, I hope those using twin plates can share ur experiences with me(i'm really such a noob). I dun wanna make the mistake of buying de wrong clutch.

regards

TOE PECK

Banned
Oct 29, 2005
bro..the evo 4 and above is the pull type of clucth...so using twin plate is a nightmare in daily traffic..different from vr4 and evo 3 and below..using push type...but the clutch will hold power..just unbearable sometimes in traffic..

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
TOE PECK said:
bro..the evo 4 and above is the pull type of clucth...so using twin plate is a nightmare in daily traffic..different from vr4 and evo 3 and below..using push type...but the clutch will hold power..just unbearable sometimes in traffic..

bro, thats a gud info there...
hmmm learn something everyday heh...
so what is the main difference of the pull type n push type actually?
whats the use?:smile:

lancer_ajai2

Known Member
Jan 22, 2004
Kuching, Sarawak
Visit site
I went to see the clutch this morning. Actually its a used Cusco twin plate. 1 things that bugs me are the clutch linings. Are they supposed to be "thin" ? CAuse i find em to be rather "thin" compared to conventional clutch linings. The mech said its supposed to be "thin" since got 2 plates but i prefer to get opinions from you guys. WHat do u guys think?

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
I've used hks gd-pro (got it frm the half-cut) n now using exedy...
yup they r thin..
n its kinda' freak me out at 1st, but i think the material that determines its capabilities..
but tell u what, its worth buying the twin plate clutch.. it wud last for at least 2+ to 3+ years..

but, whats the pull n push type? sorry lancer ajai2, interrupting in ur forum..:biggrin: :biggrin:

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
lancer_ajai2 said:
Its okay kriminalz. I myself dun really understand the push and pull type. So u sold off ur gd-pro izzit?
finish!!.... after 2yrs plus of using it... i bought that 2nd hand frm the halcut... hehehe

lancer_ajai2

Known Member
Jan 22, 2004
Kuching, Sarawak
Visit site
So ur now using exedy racing clutch right. Hows the performance ? BEtter than the gd pro? Is the engagement harder or softer than the gd-pro? Sorry for asking too much bro, i just dun wanna make the mistake of buying the wrong clutch.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i heard there will be new regulations with regard to engine conversions. is this true?

1. any engine replacement must maintained its capacity (or similar) without going any bigger. no matter 10% higher or 20%.

2. for proton and perodua cars which never produced turbocharged cars ... conversion to turbocharged engines wont be allowed any more.

hopefully sumone can confirm this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience