tweaking my ride

LiteBulb

Jan 15, 2009
hello all,

i got the GAB SS series adjustables for my vios. so, i will be spending time tweaking it! however, some queries below:

1. my front spring rate is 6kg and my rear is 4kg. with my damping set to hard, the car is bumpy, but in corners, slight body roll is noted. should i up my spring rate to further reduce body roll, or is slight roll acceptable? I have thought of installing anti-roll bar to the rear, but was advised not to do so as it may distort the suspension from doing its job.

2. as to my understanding, the benefit of coilovers is the spring matches the damping and its bound/rebound rate. if i uprate my springs, will there be a mismatch?

3. will i need to re-do any alignment and camber re-settings to the front or rear i do any height adjustments?

4. for rear damping adjustment, instead of keep removing my back seat for damper adjustment, i was actually told that i could obtain a "damping adjustment extension" that sticks out from the back seat and eliminate the chores of removing the seat each time i need to turn that damper knob. where can i locate one of this thing?

many thanks :proud:

Wira_lover

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
No, the rear anti roll bar is still advisable bro.Have never heard not to install one so that it doesnt conflict with the absorbers.

everytime your ride height has been tampered with, you have to do alignment

i've heard before about this tool but to my understanding it was a DIY that i once read about.The guys made their own tool.Im not sure if there is a ready made one.Sorry bro.

LiteBulb

Jan 15, 2009
ok. btw, i heard of this thing called bump stop. suppose to prevent bottoming out issue. how easy is it to bottom out? by installing this bump stop, wouldnt the shocks have less travelling range?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
an anti roll bar will significantly reduce ur body roll...its designed as so...once you opt for one, try not to get a thick one...a 16mm or 19mm is good enough

a recommended brand is none other than Ultra Racing..they have bars for almost all cars at affordable prices

btw, its bump steer kits...rarely used on street tho...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how do i make my VR4 exhaust sounds like vtec (bunyi pecah bila cam bukak)? is it even possible?

& 2.5 inch or 3 inch? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience