Turbo timer with no turbo :)

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Well guys i guess there's no right or wrong in fixing a TT in na car or turbo..
But having a TT will be a much more right thing for turbo as it cools down the turbine...or manifold...which acbc and fluffy said...

It serves more as its name dee its called a TURBO TIMER....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
acbc said:
alvin24 is right...

Hottest part of a turbo engine is the turbo itself, easily reach 500 C or higher. On NA, engine heat is nothing... rev high or not. This is because, by the time u slow down... it would have cooled down already. On turbo engine, it is still hot. Hot enough to burn an egg to crisp.

I rev my engine hard enough to start a fire in the engine bay a couple of months ago... was chasing a 4WD VR4. After I stopped the car, the entire exhaust manifold was glowing red and u can feel the heat 1m away from the car.
Hahaha... reminds me of something... I once had a friend.... drive up genting got tekan tekan la of coz'... reach the top... stop the car... open bonnet... and light his ciggarette with the manifold for a puff while waiting for the engine to cool down... =Þ hehehe... Thats how HOT it gets in there with a turbo.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
alvin24 said:
Hahaha... reminds me of something... I once had a friend.... drive up genting got tekan tekan la of coz'... reach the top... stop the car... open bonnet... and light his ciggarette with the manifold for a puff while waiting for the engine to cool down... =Þ hehehe... Thats how HOT it gets in there with a turbo.
Hhmm... there is must be something we can do with all the wasted heat from the turbo... maybe set up a BBQ pit? Or use it to warm our foods.

The idea came from my visit to Beijing in 2000 where the people make use of whatever heat source they can find during winter.

mango8866

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
www.friendster.com
hahaha...such a good way to light cigaratte ,cant imagine wads the feeling if touch on the manifold by our hand:emoticon_U:

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
acbc said:
Hhmm... there is must be something we can do with all the wasted heat from the turbo... maybe set up a BBQ pit? Or use it to warm our foods.

The idea came from my visit to Beijing in 2000 where the people make use of whatever heat source they can find during winter.
LOL all the crazy ideas coming out now...
Nice....keep it up..

Rememeber can also dry up clothes....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
mango8866 said:
hahaha...such a good way to light cigaratte ,cant imagine wads the feeling if touch on the manifold by our hand:emoticon_U:
U get a tattoo for life! =Þ
Still have a car cigarette lighter burn mark on my hand that I got since I was a child. =Þ When just kena was a perfect circle... now grow liau... it became an eclipse! wahahha... =Þ

mango8866

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
www.friendster.com
alvin24 said:
U get a tattoo for life! =Þ
Still have a car cigarette lighter burn mark on my hand that I got since I was a child. =Þ When just kena was a perfect circle... now grow liau... it became an eclipse! wahahha... =Þ
hahaha...tatoo somemore free of charge :shades_smile:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Tattoo'ed by a car is no fun... but when u got tattoo'ed by a gal... now that's a different ball game together.

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
alvin24 said:
Heard of a similar story done to a Storm but ended up turbo kong...haha...

BLue677

Known Member
May 17, 2006
Just sharing the experience, after my add-on turbo works blow up my engine twice (long story...) I decide pull out the turbo back to NA. Then... the (must it b call Turbo Timer?) Timer become a very useful engine warm up tools after the turbo pull off XD each morning after wake up, I start the engine, then turn it off, Timer set to 10 min. auto shut off, then I can go have my brush up without later need to wait in the car (doing nothing, I dun smoke) for warming up the engine ^^"

But turely the time only useful when u have a hard run, if not the hot oil which stop at the turbo after cool down will have some sticky carbon left inside, u dun wan yr turbo stick with those thing for decrease the performance.

But the timer is not that good enough, u have to wait for a long time to cold down the hot oil, which japanese use idling way to, wasting the fuel when idling. The effection way is... europe car way, they using a solenoid pressure valve, after the engine turn off, the solenoid pressure valve begin to pump out all the left over hot oil within the turbo back to the engine oil pan, quick & satisfaction. Unlike Timer way after a short idling when the engine stop, either the oil is hot or not there still left the engine oil in the turbo waiting to cold down & left some sticky carbon on the turbo... em... ^^"

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

November 13th, Fuji Speedway (Shizuoka prefecture) Representing the peak of Japanese motorsport, SUPER GT shared the bill with Formula Nippon for the JAF Grand Prix FUJI SPRINT CUP 2011, held at Fuji Speedway from November 11th (Friday) to 13th (Sunday), where the NISSAN GT-R put on a command performance.

The GT500...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience