Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
dont care bout proton warranty la...boe doe wan they all
service outside more worth it...

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Dont worry for Apexi Auto Timer owner u aint poser because its already stated there TIMER FOR NA & TURBO which N/A comes first before TURBO (N/A has the more priority) Hahah dont shoot me just kidding ok.Its just up to personal preference of liking. Everyone can have it.

PocRoc what timer ur using ?

Last edited:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
True that turbo timers are for turbo cars and are primarily used to cool down oil that is circulating inside a turbine. Its not so much to cool down the engine in general as our radiator is pretty good enough to cool down the engine after a few hours of heavy driving. Come on, cars are design to take quite a bit of a thrashing, and thats the reason why our cars are rev limited anyways.

So is there any reason at all for NA cars to use turbo timer, absolutely no as no matter how hard your car is driven, your engine radiator does a pretty good job at cooling down the parts after the engine is switched off. If no, then you probably will see a notice in your car manual that says after 3 or so hours of driving, you must leave your car idling for 2 minutes before shutting down. So don't worry about cooling your NA cars.

And whatever Apexi is marketing is their problem. Quite obviously its part of marketing strategy, that to put For NA and turbo cars. They very well know this is not necessary but installing one will not do any harm at all.

So i'd say, if you like it, just install it for the sake of it and to look cool. But there's no benefit at all.

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
if ur really put a stress on NA engine i.e after a track race/day or go uphill like genting, would you just switch it off or leave it idling first ? I would idle it first & for that I use timer, I dont want to wait inside for that purpose,
....ya ya I'm a poser & a ricer for installing timer for my NA...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
big lol. i guess the best thing to say here is "whatever rocks your boat". if you are happy with having the turbo timer in your car, why bother what other ppl think? :) its your money, and how you want to spend it is entirely up to you.

mango8866

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
www.friendster.com
ixeo said:
big lol. i guess the best thing to say here is "whatever rocks your boat". if you are happy with having the turbo timer in your car, why bother what other ppl think? :) its your money, and how you want to spend it is entirely up to you.
ya totally agree with u :shades_smile:

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
i also said that before...

ANother....FOR tinted window....I TOT past fews years...there also no tint mah

y people can drive......now every want to tinted the window.....actually u can

dowan tinted 1 mer....put RM1k......last time when u drive oso dun have......then

u can ... y not now.....

That y if u like it......sure have the benefit 1 mer.....so just install....hehe....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
eh... did my post get deleted? Or i tak jadi click the 'ok' button? hahaha...

Anywayz... i agree with prodigy. Main purpose of the turbo timer is actually to cool off the turbo, NOT the engine itself. Leaving the engine idle will raise its temperatures, not cool it down. The temperatures will raise till the temp. sensor kicks in and the fan turns on. The fan simulates a driving speed of roughly 60km/h. That logic alone will tell you, your temperature is actually lower while u're driving (not hard driving la).

Just something for u guys to ponder, have you ever noticed, cars that break down coz' overheat are usually during traffic jams and not while driving at normal speeds?

jombiee,
I don't know about you... but for track days, once go in pit I'll stand around my car first to double confirm there isn't any unusual activity... in case there is any overheating and all. i usually leave the keys in the ignition also la although I have a turbo timer.
As for genting... You can drive up hard... yes, but when u reach the peak, the traffic + speed bumps would make u drive slowly... and by the time u enter a parking lot and find for a parking space... your engine's most likely already cooled.

But anyway, these kinda accessories is personal preference lar. Wanna get it just get it lar... don't have to make up excuses as to console yourself why u wanna get it lar. Much like having meters in the car... if you like, just buy it lah. Bottom like is... you like it, and therefore u get it.

If other people judge u by it... say u ah beng or poser... he is an idiot. =Þ

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Yup i have to so agree its a personal choice

Some guys wear boxers some wears underwear...

How come we never make talk about that...

The ones with underwear have less chance of getting saggy balls compared to the boxers one etc...etc..

Its a personal choice...

Ps sorry for the lil gay talk....bored in the office...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
alvin24 is right...

Hottest part of a turbo engine is the turbo itself, easily reach 500 C or higher. On NA, engine heat is nothing... rev high or not. This is because, by the time u slow down... it would have cooled down already. On turbo engine, it is still hot. Hot enough to burn an egg to crisp.

I rev my engine hard enough to start a fire in the engine bay a couple of months ago... was chasing a 4WD VR4. After I stopped the car, the entire exhaust manifold was glowing red and u can feel the heat 1m away from the car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone explain? y?

as i noe its due to :
1) oil pump (faulty)
2) insufficienet engine oil

wat other causes??? anyone noes?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience