Turbo timer with no turbo :)

May 20, 2006
Hey all,

Wonderin' if anyone knows wat i can use to make a replica setup as a turbo timer but with noy turbo as my accord doesnt have turbo nor am i considering to get turbo. Some of you might think this is stupid or dumb idea but people have der own styles.

Cheers

3rdGenAccord

May 20, 2006
NA???
la??

Replica setup meaning a same setup as a turbo timer but with no turbo...so instead of turbo timer cooling down turbo it will cool the engine :) hope u get wat i mean.

thnx

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
NA - basically a non turbo engine.

actually..this topic has been discussed..very very bad discussion.:_: but i'll tell u wat is my opinion..

i understand wat u want..but a turbo timer wont really make much diff compared to a turbo engine.

*i know there will be some smart ass who's gonna say im wrong.and a turbo timer on a NA engine is useful bla bla bla...well,i dont wanna hear it.*

3rdGenAccord

May 20, 2006
yeh i approve your opinion. im just reasearchin if turbo timers does have anything to do with the turbo or is it just a timer hooked up to the ignition and they called it a turbo timer :p but i have a strong feeling as you said it wont have a big diff hopefully none at all.

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
ohkay for me....turbo car usally dun have turbo timer on it...

they just put a turbo timer to their car of taking car the engine....because the

engine are very hot so it must wait it cool only close rite...

FOR non turbo car, u can added too.....u also help u for cooling....just that it not

very usefull for non turbo car....coz the HOT not as turbo car as HOT......

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
don be so down
get vacuum meter
it looks quite exactly like turbo meter and it moves accordingly to ur throttle

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Fluffy said:
*i know there will be some smart ass who's gonna say im wrong.and a turbo timer on a NA engine is useful bla bla bla...well,i dont wanna hear it.*
Hey fluffy lol..hahaha i remember that thread....
TT on non turbo car etc...

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Yes apparently u can do that on Natural Aspirated car.Some said only for style but actually it does help to cool down the engine before we turn off the ignition key after some time of long run. Go ahead.Get full auto TT like apexi, besides the timer, u can monitor your air fuel ratio and o2.

by the way, "la" is one of our slangue.Hope u get what i mean.

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
et5828 said:
don be so down
get vacuum meter
it looks quite exactly like turbo meter and it moves accordingly to ur throttle
Bro, I think he was talking about turbotimer not boostmeter.Correct me if Im wrong :_:

Darkax

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Malaysia
no point adding stuff that is not so important... burns a hole in your pocket and also increases the % of ur car getting broken into... :_:

Raja_Mongkut

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
TermiziYeoh said:
Yes apparently u can do that on Natural Aspirated car.Some said only for style but actually it does help to cool down the engine before we turn off the ignition key after some time of long run. Go ahead.Get full auto TT like apexi, besides the timer, u can monitor your air fuel ratio and o2.

by the way, "la" is one of our slangue.Hope u get what i mean.
hmm apparently fatt is not 100% accurate. not even 80%.. so u may suffer premature or prolonged idling.

which timer can monitor afr n o2 together?

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
timer can monitor afr n o2..?? never heard of any....mine can only do auto timing, manual timing, and reading the voltage(volt meter)....:)

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
A turbo timer is used to keep the lubricating oil circulating in the turbo for a few more minutes after the ignition is switched off. This is to prolong the life of the turbo. Let's say you have been driving at around Sepang circuit for 1 hour straight. Your turbo would be very hot right? A turbo timer prevents hot oil in the engine from cooking up in the lines by letting the engine idle for a few minutes. Hard driving can raise engine oil temperatures to dangerously high levels. Proper cool down is essential for a healthy turbo and engine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys,
is there anybody know what is the tapped clearance for civic sr4 1.6?i m willing to adjust the tapped due to noisy came out from the head,n the power felt decreasing a bit before than this.how to do better to increase the pick up and the high end?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience