Turbo timer with no turbo :)

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I used to have a HKS turbo timer (4 button) on my NA car last year. Never even use it unless long distances such as Genting Highlands where u can activate the timer to cool down the engine b4 shutting it off.

Other than that... u be a laughing stock among turbo car owners out there... there is a name for this... "Poser".

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Adeen said:
timer can monitor afr n o2..?? never heard of any....mine can only do auto timing, manual timing, and reading the voltage(volt meter)....:)
Hope this helps.

Apex'i

The Apex Auto Timer allows the vehicle to idle for a preset amount of time after the ignition key has been removed. In turbocharged vehicles this prevents hot oil in the engine from coking up in the lines. Hard driving can raise engine oil temperatures to dangerously high levels. Proper cool down is essential for a healthy turbo and engine.

The Auto Timer stands as a technological marvel. The pen shaped, compact size makes the Auto Timer one of the smallest turbo timers on the market. This allows a clean and stylish installation virtually anywhere inside the car. The unique multi angle joystick button allows easy navigation through the many feature menus.

Upgraded in every way from the previous model, the new Auto Timer can automatically determine the necessary amount of after idling time. A Manual Mode allows the user to preset desired idling times from 0 sec.~10 minutes in 16 increments. By inputting O2 sensor voltage, the Timer can also display theoretical air fuel ratio. Since the Auto Timer uses the factory O2 sensor which is primarily designed for emissions, the readings may not be as accurate as racing air/fuel ratio monitors. The Timer can also display critical data such as O2 sensor voltage and Battery Voltage. To prevent potential theft while running, the handbrake safety feature shuts off the vehicle when the handbrake is released without the ignition key.

CONCEPT:
Provide turbos wind-down time

CHARACTERISTICS:
Easy to use; Simple and attractive design

Source : http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_electronics_detail.asp?id=198&pageNum=1

Last edited:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
I used to have a HKS turbo timer (4 button) on my NA car last year. Never even use it unless long distances such as Genting Highlands where u can activate the timer to cool down the engine b4 shutting it off.

Other than that... u be a laughing stock among turbo car owners out there... there is a name for this... "Poser".
yeah! total poser stuff for an NA car.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
excuse me...there is really a use of a timer for NA engine also...if u always rev ur car kau kau...your car temp also raise kau kau....but i think most of the people didnt mod their cars so no need timer...try driving a high compression NA full throttle from down hill till up hill genting...see the temperature...and you will get the idea...

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Hey before we say who's a poser and who's not, let's look at the engine 1st. Doink may have a point there. Extensively modded engines without a turbo may also need a timer (dun call it turbo timer here) to prevent hot oil in the engine from coking up in the lines, as quoted from Apexi's website. And, it also mention that proper cooldown is essential for a healthy turbo AND ENGINE. So, in some extreme applications, NA cars can also have timers.

Another word for poser is ricer. :P

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
poser here....!!hehehe...stil i like my engine healthy...:)

Raja_Mongkut

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
well the name turbo timer in itself is already misleading enough..

they shoulda just called it a timer, so tat turbo owners won't feel they're priviledged to OWN a timer

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
it's called auto timer......for NA and Turbo engines....
as stated on the apexi auto timer posted by szekeiemme

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this morning around 5-6 ....2 wajas ...kena break in...housing area....
one waja lost his smart tag,,which baru top up rm 500 bucks.....another waja..only break mirror..coz owner saw and shouted...

got 2 theif..driving white colour wira....with loud exhaust..damn those idiots...and they already marked my family cars (my neighbour saw them taking flash light and pointing in the car., negihbour shouted...then they ran..but couldnt get number plate)....coz both car park outside.....damn...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience