Turbo timer.. needed or just accessories??

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
Last week went to one shopping complex, during the time to leaving, noticed one wira aeroback next to my car..

Engine still running.. no one inside n doors was locked.. engine was start to smoke out.. noticed that was turbo timer on the stering cover, time still running 8++ minutes left..

Wah.. donno wat for the owner set the turbo timer for a long time, believe it was only standard car..

Then wat i can do, just report it the security guard nearby and leaving, before it blown my car also..

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
in ur case....if the wira is stock standard, the TT is just an accessory...:)

sebastianloeb

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
8++ minutes? Thats is 10KM driving time! Obviously the owner didnt really know what TT for.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
tat must be manual turbo timer, where the noob driver set it to the max time limit (approx 10min)>>>then off the engine.

scare ppl dunno there is timer installed in his car..

ehehhee

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
err... turbo timer might help if ur engine is turbo or high compressor NA car.
normally, we are setting around 1 min for cool down.

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
ur right mr david he got lotsa vpower to burn he should give some instead of just burning it 2 waste,actually turbo timer is to allow a turbo charged engine boost to gradually drop coz switching off the engine while high boost could create a misfire but this only applies to vehicle fitted with high boost turbine bt if its a stock turbine i tink its not necessary coz theres an actuator that releases the boost when the throttle is fully closed bt adding a turbo timer in a turbo engine is a way to maintain ur turbine and engine,correct if im wrong in this theory.

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
there is one quick way to know whether NA cars require turbo timer... mark my word... "requires" is, when car idling after a long drive or high boost, open your door, place your right foot out and check for foot temperature, if felt the heat means your engine need to cool down gradually, i.e. turbo timer required/recommended.

otherwise, pump my tank with vpower, thank you.

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
like my gen 2 usually i feel a heat wave when i put my left foot out so its important to gradually cool down i tot that when the vehicle is operating at its normal operating temperature its ok to just shutdown the engine.

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
acctually tt to protect our engine maa...maybe that car owner very richman to burn their fuel or he wan to show his car got tt (TO SHOW SHOW 1).. :)

sebastianloeb

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
Thank god i did it right! As i always traveling 300km one way nonstop 3 times a week and eventhough got no TT but always set my manual TT (finger and key!) to let the engine idle for abou a minute before shut the engine off. Thank, ZTH has teach me alot!
And i while waiting the engine to idle and cool down we must also make sure all accsories stuff ar in off condition such as air cond, radio etc. especially those who still use manual TT like me (need to wait in the car).

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
i never tought that NA cars also need to gradually cool down then totally shut down the car looks like i hafta get myself a TT and waste some Vpower racing for a minute hahahahahaha

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
another quick one would be let ur car idle for a while and once the fan kick in, let it run for 10 secs then shutdown also can... for NA la... but its a need if ur car is TC/SC... IMHO only.

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Well...the turbo timer also acts as a way for the owner to keep the car on, while he/she runs off to collect something quickly without actually stopping the car, or finding a parking for that matter.

I too sometimes doublepark, jump out of the car, keep the car on idle, lock doors, collect something quickly,unlock door, jump back in and drive off.
This also keeps you from kena saman as the car is still 'on' not parked.
Helps a great deal when u need to collect stuff when you are the only one in the car.
Sucks to round and round to find parking, switch the car off, run over to do your errands, run back to the parking spot, start the car up then go. When you can just park infront of the shop, run in, collect, run back and go.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Having question, which alot people said that open pod was`t suitable on automatic transmission.
I have few numbers of friends installed open pod on their automatic myvi, vios, persona, accord, civic and 350z also having good result on performance increase.
Another weird answer from a friend with 350z roadster is better fuel consume after installing a long ram open pod + CAI with heat shield cover.

I`m currently going to do a short ram intake with heat shield cover for my 1.5l automatic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience