turbo kit

mxsteven

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Shah Alam
Originally posted by Joeker@Mar 24 2005, 15:54
Mr MXSteven,

Can i ask for some info?

THis supercharger using wat management for fueling and ignition?

How many boost can run without touching internals?

Lets say engine is Wira 1.6?

And lastly, after Supercharging, how many hosepower on wheel will gain?

Thanks so much in advance!
[snapback]837434[/snapback]​

There are many components that go into making a complete supercharger system - mounting brackets, ignition controller, fuel pump, etc. okay now we look at only one component of a supercharger system - the supercharger itself (sometimes called a "head unit", "compressor", or "blower"or whatsoever people called lah). All superchargers, except turbochargers, are driven via a pulley that is connected either to the engine's accessory belt, or to its own belt that goes directly to a crank pulley. This is where the similarities between the different supercharger technologies end.

supercharge has a mere 5 to 20% power increased over the standard vehicle engine. it is designed to give managable increase power and torque to the standard engine over wider driving range (speed 80kph / 2,000 rpm to 6,500 rpm)

super charger does not need to alter the internal engine parts. There are two reasons for this. First, the roots supercharger does not compress air - it only moves from the intake port to the discharge port (i.e. it is the only supercharger design with no internal compression ratio). All of the compression is done in the intake manifold. Laws of thermodynamics kick in in favor of supercharger designs with an internal compression ratio (centrifugal and twin screw) because they do less work on the incoming air charge. We will leave the mathematics of this phenomenon to a later (much more boring) discussion. Another reason roots superchargers create higher amounts of heat is because they tend to carry some of the compressed air in the intake back into the supercharger because it gets trapped by the rotating lobes that are exposed to the hotter air in the intake manifold.

i hope you understand what im saying, i just share my 2cents of experience

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Mm....I understand wat you are saying but I think it has nothing related to what I'm asking.

Lets assume u have a customer with 1.6 SOHC Proton engine who want to be Supercharged with stock internals.

1. When the engine is supercharged, you will need more fuel and to advance or retard the ignition. How will u alter the ECU's maps? piggyback or standalone?

2. How much boost will this supercharger generate without sending the engine to hell.

3. How will u regulate the boost pressure?

PS :
First, the roots supercharger does not compress air - it only moves from the intake port to the discharge port (i.e. it is the only supercharger design with no internal compression ratio). All of the compression is done in the intake manifold
:blink: 4GZEs are Roots Superchargered engines and they can generate shit loads of boost......I'm lost.

mxsteven

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Shah Alam
Originally posted by Joeker@Mar 24 2005, 21:48
Mm....I understand wat you are saying but I think it has nothing related to what I'm asking.

Lets assume u have a customer with 1.6 SOHC Proton engine who want to be Supercharged with stock internals.

1. When the engine is supercharged, you will need more fuel and to advance or retard the ignition. How will u alter the ECU's maps? piggyback or standalone?

2. How much boost will this supercharger generate without sending the engine to hell.

3. How will u regulate the boost pressure?

PS :
First, the roots supercharger does not compress air - it only moves from the intake port to the discharge port (i.e. it is the only supercharger design with no internal compression ratio). All of the compression is done in the intake manifold
:blink: 4GZEs are Roots Superchargered engines and they can generate shit loads of boost......I'm lost.
[snapback]838340[/snapback]​

accually supercharged stock standard dont need any feul management but make sure ur fuel pump pressure is sufficent.

supercharger does not generate as much boost as Turbo does, this is depend of what supercharger you are going to use therefore supercharger boost and air compress is a total diffrent thing please dont get lost....

supercharger normally boost at minimal, even a great centrifugal supercharger will only generate less than 1 bar.... as what i heard there is people around doing the supercharger boost as good as turbo. Well it is depend on how u play the games. The higher boost u takes, the more things u have to put eg: piggyback controller to manage feul, wastegate , blow off, bigger intercoller and so on.

So the best is to understand basic things. how supercharger works? what makes supercharger? and how it got the pressure? and so on........

need to know more well.... this website i found could be infomative
http://www.superchargersonline.com/superchargers.asp

Happy veiwing and hope u learn something.
and thanks for quetioning me.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
supercharger does not generate as much boost as Turbo does
If a Supercharger does not generate as much boost as Turbo, can u tell us how much boost does a Supercharger generate?

boost and air compress is a total diffrent thing
I thought Boost pressure is pressurized air and Pressurized air is Compresed air.

If there is no compressed air, how come boost meter register positive manifold pressure?

as what i heard there is people around doing the supercharger boost as good as turbo. Well it is depend on how u play the games. The higher boost u takes, the more things u have to put eg: piggyback controller to manage feul, wastegate , blow off, bigger intercoller and so on.
Do you mean if Supercharger boost is very high, have to use wastegate? Normally wat diameter wastegate? 60mm Greddy enough ah?

So the best is to understand basic things. how supercharger works? what makes supercharger? and how it got the pressure? and so on........

need to know more well.... this website i found could be infomative
http://www.superchargersonline.com/superchargers.asp
The is no explanation about how Superchargers work in the link you posted. Its only about the different Superchargers which are available in the market.

supercharger normally boost at minimal, even a great centrifugal supercharger will only generate less than 1 bar
SUpercharger normally boost at minimal? How come Toyota 4AGZE Superchargers can boost more than 1 bar? A "Great" centrifugal supercharger generate less than 1 bar?

And you still have not answered how to regulate the boost pressure with supercharger.

If I not mistaken, I think Superchargers are spun by the engine's pulley belts rite. So if the engine speed increases higher and higher, boost will be getting higher and higher as well.

If the boost is getting higher and higher, the risk of self destruction is increasing dangerously.

So how does your supercharger control the amount of boost entering the engine?

And how much boost is safe boost without fuel piggyback, etc?

mxsteven

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Shah Alam
Dear Joeker:

i think there is nothing to argue when u still wanna 2 stick 2 ur point.

Frankly speaking i dont think u are really understand what is supercharger.
you are keep sticking to quetion. And i had already answer you but u still coun'nt understand what can i say.

theres nothing between me and u ok!

if u still wanna 2 stick to the point thats up to u. i just share my experience.
no harm no enemy

END

zronix

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
projection,
where was this done... cool man...

mxsteven,
where ur location? how much u doing ur SC? any prereq needed before installing the SC? care to explain more on ur setup?
I think there's 1 offered by turbo sang, but recommended to do up exhaust n open pod... else will have slight hiccup...

mxsteven

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Shah Alam
Originally posted by zronix@Mar 26 2005, 11:15
projection,

mxsteven,
where ur location? how much u doing ur SC? any prereq needed before installing the SC? care to explain more on ur setup?
I think there's 1 offered by turbo sang, but recommended to do up exhaust n open pod... else will have slight hiccup...
[snapback]842277[/snapback]​

u the 1 called me yesterday? from JB?
temporary this month quite pack..... let me settle all those cars in my workshop first....

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
try checking the forced-induction thread... there's a few topics regarding SC...

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
ermm...guys
let say we have installed bolt on turbo in our car
do we need a jpj inspection or approval or something?

zronix

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by mxsteven+Mar 26 2005, 14:00 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mxsteven @ Mar 26 2005, 14:00 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-zronix@Mar 26 2005, 11:15
projection,

mxsteven,
[snapback]842277[/snapback]​

u the 1 called me yesterday? from JB?
temporary this month quite pack..... let me settle all those cars in my workshop first....
[snapback]842623[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

nup this is the 1st tiem... quite tied up eh, awit for ur reply then,...

Projection

Nov 15, 2003
projection,

zronix, menace2society :)

The pics had post last 2 yrs ago at ZTH, i just reposted & share to u all. The car had done at JB, more info pls ask 'motoringKT'. I think he'll like to share :D

zronix

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
thanx, I've PMed him... hope to hear from him soon...
wanna know on reliability , service, maintenance, prereq, what to expect...n etc

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My myvi car leak water at under driver seat ..after heavy rain

I wonder why ..I afraid of my poweramp is going to get wet ... :( ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience