toyota 4age silvertop

Mar 1, 2018
Mauritius
Hello everyone.
I'm new to this page,.
I'm a mauritian and i cant write english well,.
I just needed some help from you guys,.
I have a toyota 4age silvertop,.my problem is high fuel consumption,i recently swap this engine on my corolla KE 72 wagon to pickup conversion,and i'm having much trouble with the engine..
Earlier,i installed 2" straight pipe on the vehicle,with no resonator,nor catalytic,and the idle sounded rough,like rotary engine,.
Later i changed back to only a silencer at the end,
But still having rough idling
Black smoke and a having smell like unburnt fuel coming out of the exhaust,
In the begining,i ran on stock engine,but later i tried to disconect the air flow meter,and not having much diference on engine behaviour,so i remove the intake box and let it run on the ITBs like blacktop,.
The engine runs well without the air flow meter,but the fuel consumption is still high..
Can you guys help
Thanks

Asif

Mar 1, 2018
Mauritius
Hii,.ya the sparks plugs are good,...but when i remove them,they are all black,..like carbon formation on the tip,.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Firstly, welcome to ZTH forum....

With faulty or no AFM, the ECU must be fueling maximum all the while, that is why high FC and plenty of soot and carbon....

Asif

Mar 1, 2018
Mauritius
But the fact is,even earlier with the AFM on,the sparks plugs used to be balck in colour when removed,..
And when i run the car,when i pressed the accelerator pedal,it goes on smoothly,but when i release the pedal slowly,the car like jumps a little faster for a second and then decelerate.

Asif

Mar 1, 2018
Mauritius
yOU NEED the AFM otherwise the engine wont know how much air its getting. Your AFM could be faulty.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=94
Look at page FI-94, take out your multimeter with continuity measurement and measure the pins as indicated. Note you may have a different set of values, becuase this is for the 7M engine, but you will get an idea if some pins arent giving out any readings.
Yaa thanks,but i dont have the multimeter for the moment,as soon as i get it i will check the continuity,.

Last edited:

Asif

Mar 1, 2018
Mauritius
I was wondering,if my injectors are stuck open,would it run a rough idling and when reving it runs good?

Asif

Mar 1, 2018
Mauritius
Yaa thanks,but i dont have the multimeter for the moment,as soon as i get it i will check the continuity,.
I got the multimeter today,cheked the airflow meter,and indeed,having no reading on any terminal,..
I'll have to look for one and chek run the engine with,.but the problem is,its rare to find an AFM here
Have to drive around the entire island

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i would like to try to do my own headlight cover using plastic ( somethg like those fd or fc clear light,no more flip). any1 knw wat kind of plastic to i need to use and where to get ?? how oem head light material where can get ah ??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience