Toyo Proxes CR1 launching November 19th

Nov 14, 2020
Toyo Proxes CR1 to be launched in Malaysia on Nov 19

Recently launched in Thailand. Launching soon in Malaysia on November 19th, the second market in Southeast Asia to get the Proxes CR1.

A premium-class, high-performance tire good for rainy conditions.

1.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

Some features of the Toyo Proxes CR1

4 Wide Main Grooves – Enhanced water drainage to improve wet performance

Out-in Different Pitch Arrangement - Pattern noise reduction by pitch noise dispersion of each area

Triple Taper & Rib - Improvement of uneven wear by suppresion of circumferential fluctuation, Improvement of dry performance by securing rib rigidity

Silent Wall - Reduce noise emission

High Fuel Efficiency Sidewall Compound - Improve low rolling resistance

Reactions: sweelt and 6UE5t

velocitytachyon

velocitytachyon

Nov 14, 2020
Looks like it's a tire made for the wet. It's a nice bonus that it's quiet and comfortable, good for heavy use on passenger cars, SUVs and minivans. Should be able to find out more technical specs when they announce on November 19th.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Looks like it's a tire made for the wet. It's a nice bonus that it's quiet and comfortable, good for heavy use on passenger cars, SUVs and minivans. Should be able to find out more technical specs when they announce on November 19th.
Don't need to hard sell lah, start the thread then reply to yourself......

• Haha
Reactions: nw111 and Izso

velocitytachyon

velocitytachyon

Nov 14, 2020

velocitytachyon

velocitytachyon

Nov 14, 2020
Not ngam you lah, these are mid tyres, even their TR1 cannot match your PS3, how can the CR1 ?
Ya, I agree with you. The Michelin PS3 is a high-performance tire but the Proxes CR1 is in the same midrange category as the Michelin Primacy, designed for quietness, comfort and wet weather conditions from the feedback on the Toyo Tires Thailand Facebook page.

Just wondering what most people look for in an SUV tire as I’m looking to get a new set for my CR-V. Is it comfort, quietness, handling or price?

velocitytachyon

velocitytachyon

Nov 14, 2020
Tengku Djan will also be sharing his personal experiences with the tyre during the virtual launch of the Proxes CR1 on the Toyo Tyre Malaysia Facebook page, November 19th at 9 pm.

There is an ongoing contest during the virtual launch with prizes being 3 free sets of Proxes CR1 and the remaining 50 prizes being RM20 Petronas petrol cards.

Need to answer 5 questions correctly in the video, like and share the livestream for a chance to win a free set of Proxes CR1 tires.

Toyo-Tires-CR1-Malaysia-announcement-2.jpg

velocitytachyon

velocitytachyon

Nov 14, 2020
The video livestream starts soon at 9 pm on the Toyo Tyre Malaysia Facebook page! Here's your chance to win a free set Proxes CR1 tires.
53 prizes total. 3 free sets of Proxes CR1 tires, the rest of the 50 consolation prizes are RM20 Petronas petrol cards.

The first 3 viewers to Like & Share the livestream video and ANSWER all 5 questions correctly win a set of free tires!

Toyo Tyre Malaysia Facebook

velocitytachyon

velocitytachyon

Nov 14, 2020
Managed to get a screenshot of the sizes and pricing for the Proxes CR1 during the livestream. Price not bad for the features.

Toyo Proxes CR1 Sizes and Price List.jpg

Paultan.org - Toyo Proxes CR1 and CR1 SUV launched in Malaysia – replaces NanoEnergy 3, priced from RM160 to RM580

The company is touting several key features that improve the tyre’s noise reduction, comfort and safety. Firstly, the CR1 features what Toyo calls a “silent wall” along the grooves of the tyre to reduce noise, plus a pitch arrangement that differs on the inside and outside to disperse the pitch noise in each area, reducing pattern noise. A noise protection sheet has also been incorporated in the construction to lower casing noise.

As for handling, the Japanese tyre maker is claiming superior performance in the wet, thanks to four large grooves (three grooves on tyres 185 mm and narrower) to enhance water drainage. On dry roads, the triple taper and rib design increases rib rigidity to improve performance and reduce uneven wear by suppressing circumferential fluctuation.

Further reducing irregular tyre wear are the multi-wave sipes that increase block stiffness, as well as a jointless cap ply that improves high-speed performance. Meanwhile, the sidewall is made from a new compound that reduces rolling resistance and thus, fuel consumption.

Comfort has also been improved through the use of proprietary T-Mode tyre simulation and Nano Balance material design technologies. Overall, the Proxes CR1 is claimed to reduce road noise by 11% and aquaplaning by two per cent compared to the NanoEnergy 3, improving wet-weather performance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok, my car has already done 150,000kms and since I bought it used I'm not too sure whether the previous owner got send for overhaul before or not.

The engine feels rough and I think it's about time for an overhaul.
Should I sent the car to the authorised service centre for overhaul or can somebody recommend me a good workshop?

What's the cost usually for an engine overhaul?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience