Tony Fernandes buys over Caterham

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The principal of Team Lotus, Tony Fernandes, had bought over the niche British sportscar company Caterham. Documents supporting the fact has indicated that Anthony Francis Fernandes was appointed a director of Caterham Cars as of April 12. This is followed by a statement from Team Lotus that it would be making 'an incredibly exciting announcement about the future of our team' next week.

The move to buy over Caterham has extreme significance to the ongoing saga between Fernandes' Team Lotus and the Group Lotus about the usage of the Lotus name. Caterham initially begun as a dealer for the Lotus Seven and then purchased the rights to continue manufacturing the Seven when Lotus ceased production in 1973. Currently, only the Seven is in Caterham's stable of products but the company has just launched a new car, the SP300R, a dedicated track car along the lines of the Radical, that was done in collaboration with renowned race car chassis producer Lola.

By purchasing Caterham, Fernandes now has another way into the automotive industry following the difficulty that is a result of the Group Lotus saga. It would also offer him an alternative should the London High Court deliver its final verdict next month that would force him to relinquish using the Lotus name.

Source: ESPN

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
i hope tony will consider bringing in the caterham malaysia and possibly legalising it as a proper car with the JPJ, then , tony, you are outright our god :D hahaha

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
There is a Caterham dealer here .....

....'Yea, there’s an original dealer in Lorong Basong at Damansara Heights, Gary Murrell with 03 209 44453 or hp 016 366 8018.From classic to R500, the price is said to be around RM150k to RM400k. '....

Caterham Classic = Lotus 7?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
It will be dirt cheap but I think it will follow his usual trend... Buy basic chassis and engine = RM50k

Add seats = RM 2k/per seat
Steering = RM 2k (Momo) additional RM 500 with horn function
Headlamps = RM2k (additional RM500 with highlight function)
Paint - RM 3k

and so on... If you know what I mean...

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
It will be dirt cheap but I think it will follow his usual trend... Buy basic chassis and engine = RM50k

Add seats = RM 2k/per seat
Steering = RM 2k (Momo) additional RM 500 with horn function
Headlamps = RM2k (additional RM500 with highlight function)
Paint - RM 3k

and so on... If you know what I mean...
hahahahahahaha....

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
warranty also depends to buyer.....if they add on warranty so xtra charges...terms & conds apply:biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
warranty also depends to buyer.....if they add on warranty so xtra charges...terms & conds apply:biggrin:
Yeah... And most of it, if your car ready and you didn't take on time, it will be burned. Buy another car. Cannot reschedule time to take the car. :biggrin:

EddieYee

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
KL
lol the comments are hilarious....anyway wish there are some car fair where i can buy "it" cheaper in advance.:wink:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
now everybody can Lotus! I'll buy a Caterham and slap a Lotus logo on it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus..which car works better with gsr turbo?
if possible..can u guys post a few engine set-ups?as in eg:metal gasket..cam pulley..bla bla bla..for engines? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience