1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Reactions: minibeany

Aeg

Aeg

Dec 24, 2019
A few of my other friends have used before, so far no complaints.....
Still contemplating whether to change all 4 tyres to Rovelo or just change 2 first to Primacy 4 to be within the budget. 3 of 4 tyres are worn out now

Aeg

Aeg

Dec 24, 2019
Btw Hin Leong is bad in alignment tuning, if your cars are with tuned suspension you can just buy tyres and go somewhere else to tune the alignment. Heck their on wheel balancing services are also not up to par. At least thats my review.
Now days they just offer free balancing so might as well just buy the tyres and go somewhere else. Shops like Hin Leong, Oscar tyre offered a cheaper price but known for their bad workmanship. Most probably they just want to finish up fast.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Thinking to change all my 4 tyres to Rovelo sport A1. Is't really worth it? Mainly use for city driving. Kedai papan quote me rm160 for my 215 45 17.
It's not the question of worth it, it's the question of whether its safe for all rounder performance especially wet braking and traction. My review so far it works very well if my Lancer and BMW E46, no visible hydroplanning when driving on highway

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Still contemplating whether to change all 4 tyres to Rovelo or just change 2 first to Primacy 4 to be within the budget. 3 of 4 tyres are worn out now
It all boils down to personal preference and what it is you want to use the tyres for. If it's daily grocery getter point-A to point-B type of short-distance driving then the cheaper alternative is the better solution.

If you want comfort, quietness, relative grip, the primacy is pretty decent.

If you want relatively cheap good performance tyres, the RE003 or Rovelo sport are pretty ok (based on feedback from others)

If you want relatively cheap track going tyres go look at Federal RSRR tyres.

All of these have pros and cons, especially if you're on a budget.

Personally though - if you have 3 out of 4 tyres worn out - I'd change all 4 and redo alignment.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Now days they just offer free balancing so might as well just buy the tyres and go somewhere else. Shops like Hin Leong, Oscar tyre offered a cheaper price but known for their bad workmanship. Most probably they just want to finish up fast.
First off, forgot to ask, what's your car and spec ? Comparing Primacy and Rovelo Sport, i can guarantee Primacy won't have the grip of Rovelo and Rovelo won't have the comfort of Primacy.

Aeg

Aeg

Dec 24, 2019
First off, forgot to ask, what's your car and spec ? Comparing Primacy and Rovelo Sport, i can guarantee Primacy won't have the grip of Rovelo and Rovelo won't have the comfort of Primacy.
Currently driving my 9 years old FD2. I'm not really into performance but as long as it has good grip, less noise and hopefully can last for 2 years it's already good for me.

How's Rovelo compared to other budget tyres like Dayton or any other china brand?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Currently driving my 9 years old FD2. I'm not really into performance but as long as it has good grip, less noise and hopefully can last for 2 years it's already good for me.

How's Rovelo compared to other budget tyres like Dayton or any other china brand?
Dayton has reputation of breaking traction in mid corners. Raydenz another Chinese brand tyres made RFTs and they are quite reliable so far. I had seen few BMW F30s and Merc E class uses Rovelo after their RFT ran out.

Your FD2 is almost the same as my Lancer, so far i am quite happy with its traction on both wet and dry. I had took it for a long drive from KL to Johor and comfort is great, sound is ok lar (Lancer NVH is shit) and grip in both wet and drive is very satisfying.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Avoid Chinese and most Indon brands like the plague. Jinyu, Accelera, etc. Horrible horrible tyres. I've never used Dayton can't comment. The ones I've tried are their supposed "UHP" models.

Aeg

Aeg

Dec 24, 2019
Dayton has reputation of breaking traction in mid corners. Raydenz another Chinese brand tyres made RFTs and they are quite reliable so far. I had seen few BMW F30s and Merc E class uses Rovelo after their RFT ran out.

Your FD2 is almost the same as my Lancer, so far i am quite happy with its traction on both wet and dry. I had took it for a long drive from KL to Johor and comfort is great, sound is ok lar (Lancer NVH is shit) and grip in both wet and drive is very satisfying.
Thanks for the feedback. Think I'll go for Rovelo this time :)

Aeg

Aeg

Dec 24, 2019
Avoid Chinese and most Indon brands like the plague. Jinyu, Accelera, etc. Horrible horrible tyres. I've never used Dayton can't comment. The ones I've tried are their supposed "UHP" models.
Used Dayton before, not so bad for that price.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Rovelo happened to be Chinese owned though.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Rovelo happened to be Chinese owned though.
I'm specifically talking about models and brands I've personally tested. Rovelo is Chinese but feedback from people who've tried it is positive so all the feedback is purely based on the people here

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I'm specifically talking about models and brands I've personally tested. Rovelo is Chinese but feedback from people who've tried it is positive so all the feedback is purely based on the people here
Ok noted, AFAIK Rovelo and Raydenz are great value for money tyres, on the safe side, i will change these tyres after 2 rounds of engine oil change just to be on the safe side, that's 20k. I will report back here on the verdict.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

my sister's '13 vios missed its 30k service by +4k so in total 14k mileage.

does that mean her warranty is void? i think so tho since vw if +1k auto warranty void.

she's so screwed. :stupid:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience