Tinted Glass for JDM Cars

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
hello guys !!

I wanna share some of my problems here ..
I have a 99' Honda CR-V with original black tinted glass(not film)
I've seen many of the JDM's having this glasses on .. but the JPJ claims that it's not legal to use these glasses ..

My question is, if it's not legal why should they approve the car when it comes from Japan ?! ITS RIDICULOUS !! isn't it ? :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Some importers change to clear glass for JPJ approval, then change back.
My company bought a JDM MPV last time, the importer gave us one set clear glass windscreen then told us use whichever we want but did mention that the black tint one is illegal therefore they will not be responsible for any summons....

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Just a fxxk X way they dig our money, if u have a VIP badge infront they will just let u go.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
hello guys !!

I wanna share some of my problems here ..
I have a 99' Honda CR-V with original black tinted glass(not film)
I've seen many of the JDM's having this glasses on .. but the JPJ claims that it's not legal to use these glasses ..

My question is, if it's not legal why should they approve the car when it comes from Japan ?! ITS RIDICULOUS !! isn't it ? :hmmmm:
Because Malaysia Boleh.

Paying 200% tax and duties on car also RIDICULOUS, but we also paying what.

dyii95

Sep 11, 2012
Miri
i saw someone selling a JPJ permit for using 100% tinted glass.. Forgot where I saw it but it costs RM5k-8k!

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Some importers change to clear glass for JPJ approval, then change back.
My company bought a JDM MPV last time, the importer gave us one set clear glass windscreen then told us use whichever we want but did mention that the black tint one is illegal therefore they will not be responsible for any summons....

This was how my car got its registration done :biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
JPJ is not responsible for the approval of the imports of cars... and wat they are fitted with.

just like how JPJ are not responsible for the approval of loud mufflers, blinking lights, aftermarket HIDs. etc etc.

they just set a guideline that ur supposed to follow... u dont follow u suffer the consequences. simple as that

what u have to do to follow those guidelines is up to u... that includes changing the glass to clear glass etc

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i saw someone selling a JPJ permit for using 100% tinted glass.. Forgot where I saw it but it costs RM5k-8k!
My friend's friend got doctor's letter say skin problem, cannot direct bright sunlight. With letter apply for permit.....:biggrin:

victor87

Known Member
Oct 24, 2007
Anyone know where to get evo8 rear passenger glasses? Need to look for a clear wan to do inspection.

Used car dealer quoted me 650 for that, not sure if it is reasonable or not.

Please advice. Tq

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
My friend's friend got doctor's letter say skin problem, cannot direct bright sunlight. With letter apply for permit.....:biggrin:
i think that's the best way i can do if i still want those glasses on the car ..:rolleyes:
but i have to get this doctor's approval :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wanna share my lazy DIY project a last month. Yeah, last month. LOL.

So, I found these cheap ass NOS taiwan Enkei replicas on mudah. I like the design but I don't like the color. Lime green is a No, No. So, time for some DIT session. I use cheap ol Anchor rattle can in Flat Black color coz it's easy to apply and I'm lazy. All the painting was done before noon around 1030am-11am.

The rims are not that light but at least it's lighter than my old rims...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience